Instead of an Alt hiatus...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    why not rerelease major figures that some people may have missed? grimlock, wheeljack, swerve, nemesis prime, maybe deadned, shockwave, and decepticharge? that'd fill out 2 or 3 waves, and would just be a nice way to keep it going during the movie time...and they should include all the kissplay recolors as well...that'd easily make it to 4 waves....do you think hasbro would do this? or considered it, then backed out for some reason?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Dead End and Shockwave were all over the place around here, I dont think they need a second release... and Swerve and Nemesis need to be kept limited or there's no point in them. The rereleased figures dont seem to work anyway, Tracks and Meister, the only two that needed more distrubution, are shelf warmers now.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

yeah the rereleasing idea sort of backfired on them, there are so many tracks and meisters laying around its not even funny. To think I still have a sealed red box tracks that at one time could have got me a pretty penny is now worthless. Same goes for my extra meister. I should have sold them when I had the chance now I probably would just be able to get like $10 for them. and they should def not rerelease Swerve. He would end up clogging shelves like Tracks and kill the value of the one I have misb :D 

Also, I think they were planning to rerelease one of the Mustangs, however opted out.

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With TakaraTomy and Hasbro using the same production lines for TFs, resources may be limited.

Aside from which re-releasing any rare Alts would penalize those of us who actually made an effort to get them, and didn't give up just becasue they couldn't be found at a local toy shop.

Exactly, and they're well known characters. Swerve is a near nobody and Decepticharge IS a nobody, this limits their appeal to a level even lower than that of the two that were re-released.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because they're not ending Alts due to a lack of molds, they're doing it so they don't compete with the movie line and with the assumption that the movie will make a lot more car companies will want to sign up to get their cars made into Alternators.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yes and no...I think they should include them with Runble and Ravage, and may release one more wave after.

And sorry guys who got them, but there are alot fo us who never saw any of these figures and we should not be penalized for that, and have to pay dumb fuck lots of money for a Swerve. So screw your "collector's" item. :) 

7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I kind of agree in principal that they should re-release some rarer alts for those who missed them, but not so many that they clog shelves, like Meister and Tracks do. Having said that, I do not really think that many people will buy a re-released Swerve since the clamour to buy him in the first place was probably fueled by the fact he was rare.

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who's Runble?

You didn't properly read what was said; I never saw Swerve at retail either. I bought it online for $30, about the time it was released, at which point it was already common knowledge that it was shortpacked.

You think I'm a 'dumb f*ck' as you (so ineloquently) put if for for paying $30 for Swerve?

Try getting one for $30 now.

9. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I think he means Rumble. :lol 

10. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I hope he didn't mean Grundle.

11. Megatronwp38

Pretty much agree with you. I got him from BBTS as soon as it popped up on their site since I knew it was short packed and the fact that the time he came out in 2005 alts were really hard to find in stores period...not just swerve. I think I paid $40 total with shipping.. Try finding one now for even that cheap MISB. I did, however, Finally see a few at retail around christmas time last year and picked up a 2nd to keep misb for retail.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I never bought any alt outside of Nemesis at anything but retail, including Swerve, Tracks, and Meister, but I don't think the hiatus is really so much a way to stay out of the movies way as it is the line is tanking. They're gone from the shelves here, after having been clearanced for as low as $6.99, where they still stuck around. I don't know if they were finally sent back, or moved to a clearance isle or what, but they were clearly not only shelfwarming, but shelfweighing.

Alts were a good idea, but nothing lasts forever.

13. smkspy

And this is assuming i was quoting you. Not everything is about you...you know, J/k. I just meant in general the whole idea people have about rare items. I've got it and you don't so hasbro cannot rerelease anything ever idea.
    $30 dollars isn't bad for a Swerve when he came out. And I meant Dumb fuck money as in $70-100 for a toy released last year. Not that anyone paying that much is a dumb fuck, but it still is Dumb fuck money to spend on a Swerve of all characters.

And yes I hit the n when i was aiming for m. I guess its time to call the grammer police.:duel 

14. Megatronwp38

Speaking of crazy prices...one actually sold on BBTS.com for $140 LOL.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS10920&mode=retail&picture=aux1

15. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I can see where hes coming from, but hes right idgaf about you people who spend like 3,4x what a figure is worth to get it. You made that choice on your own volition, so if i can buy it for 3,4x LESS than you did thats definitely what im going to do, and the smile would take in my ears. Keep in mind i am like you, i do chase figures...im just saying that that ISNT a good reason not to re-release a figure.

16. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Hasbro were to rerelease some of them, I'd prefer that they would do so through HTS and/or other online retailers. Hasbro did something like this with their 3 3/4" GI Joe figures and it has been pretty successful. So successful in fact that TRU has started carrying them.

17. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    They want to focus on the movie stuff. Re-releasing older Alts just distracts from that and takes valuable shelf space from the movie toys.

18. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I wish they would keep going with the Alternators line but not to rerelease the old ones. If you missed out, too bad. You can still get them online. I got lucky and found a few in the store, actually saw about 4 figures of Swerve in store but at the time only purchased one cause it was a repaint of the previous corvettes.

19. smkspy

But that is still no reason not to offer them to us. Like Pimpimus said, Release them through HTS. Hasrbo knows that Alernator fans have gotten a raw deal with them distribution wise since Swerve. With the internet there should be no excuse why Hasbro does not start to compete with Ebay in order to sell their products. Really, rereleasing rare Alternators is just good business practices. If you don't believe it look at how well Optimus, Camshaft, Mirage, not to mention classics and titaniums have sold there.

20. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I saw so many Swerves in the Cincinnati area, it wasn't funny! I think I ended up with 3 of them by accident since I was going to give the other to a friend. I usually like buying in pairs -- one to open and one to keep nice.

Deadend and Tracks Alts came while I was vacationing in Florida but I missed the Grimlock and Meister wave! :cry 

I still have yet to see a Mirage Alt in the stores. A dealer at Botcon '06 was selling them for $30 apiece, which wasn't too bad. He was almost selling them like it was a service to fans!

Anyone know if Camshaft Alt is still shipping? Deejay and I are looking for one for his collection.