Insominiac done with Resistance

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by General Magnus, Jan 30, 2012.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. The third one was fucking awesome. Thought the second one was just okay, though. Easily forgotten. It ended on a good note at least for me. I like that they went with a remnants of earth, instead of the usual "we are the badasses defending earth". That's the Herp-a-derp that I'm sick of. I'm glad they are leaving it at that though. Supposedly another company is taking the reins for the Vita version. The PSP game was pretty awesome so I'm hoping they do something good with it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Quite the contrary. The post apocalitc scenario is overdone as shit and to resort to clear the aliens they had to resort to a DEM. when it was quite clear that normally, mankind could kill them just fine.

Not mention the assatasic retcon in the end "Russia was completely overrun", "No it wasn´t, see? There´s people fighting there!"

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's over-done, yes, with the whole Zombie and Fallout popularity. It wasn't overdone when this series began, and the first game still hinted that things were going to get bad. I think there are more "Aliens are coming and a group of badasses are going to send them home" type of games.

Anyway, I enjoyed the series. All the way through the end. It was still a departure from all of the "modern and future" combat games out right now. I loved the night area with the Chimeran ships trying to pick you out. And the Train was a pretty awesome set-piece.