Insert witty thread title here. ( BW Neo )

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Apr 24, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    So I've been wanting a Big Convoy for quite some time. I finally picked one up about a month ago from BBTS.com. Awesome figure and awesome service. I highly recommend the figure and the site. Anywho, when I bought Big Convoy I seen they had other BW Neo figs. Namely Stampy and Longrack.

So after thinking about it, I purchased the Stampy versus pack. Now I did Pile 'O Loot, cause I soooo wanna get the Longrack vs. pack and the Cohrada vs. pack and the Break vs. pack.

This is all very ironic. Because when I started collecting tf's again, I thought Beast Wars was so very dumb. But damn, I don't know what it is about them, BW Neo are very cool to me. I guess it's because the alt modes are unique. After all what is not to like about a giraffe, penguin, and cobra Transfomer. :) 

Wasn't I guess anything important to say here, just see if other new or old BW Neo collectors would chime in on what they liked about the line.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well i own every single PRED or CON from Beast Wars to BWNeo. I think what is cool about Neo is had the most, in a sense, realistic appearance of the animals.

I would highly recommend tracking down Killerpunch, Deadend, and Bazooka. Since you are liking the Maximals as well I would go for their VS packs.

Killerpunch is probably the most expensive out of the Neo line, running around 75-100.

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need to expand my Neo collection. I have Big Convoy and Longrack, but sold off Dead End, Mach Kick and Archadis. I eventually want to buy Magmatron, Bazooka and Break; and then repurchase Mach Kick and Dead End.

Most Beast Wars toys are very good, and I routinely still have fun messing around with Optimus Minor.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I love BWN. I have most of them. Killer Punch is still elusive because of price. Longrack is great. Love the mold, transformation, gimmick, everything. I got Mach Kick because of high reccomendations. The only thing I dislike about him is the "real" hair. I'm very careful with him so I don't frizz up his hair.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I still have to pick of Big Convoy some day.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm a big BW fan, but I don't have many toys from the series. I've been considering the Neo Toys, and I've heard nothing but good things about them. The only problem is they are quite on the expensive side!

7. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Neo is my favorite of the beast lines.

The molds are all full of character. They represent the cartoon counterparts like no other beast era toys. Get them all. There are not so many.

iDD

8. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually bought a couple of BW Neo sets last Friday. I was looking for a B'Boom or an Apache on e-Bay; BW toys were never very common in toy stores when they first came out and B'Boom/Apache was one that I wanted a lot but always eluded me. I used to visit my local import toy store and look at the BW Neo TF's quite often, but they always had a crazy price mark up. Still, I did love the packaging and the molds, especially the unique Japanese ones like Longrack, Heinlad and Mack Kick. Since then I sold my BW collection, but always kept Longrack vs. Guiledart, which I thought were just too cool to sell.

So when I was looking for a BW Neo Apache, I came across AnimeCast, which have quite a few BWN figures in stock, and for very reasonable / cheap prices. I fact, they seemed so cheap that I ended up buying 8 figures from them (including Magmatron, Mach Kick vs. Archadis, Sharpedge vs. Hardhead, Heinlad, Bighorn and Apache)! Haven't received them yet, of course, and I haven't dealt with them before so I don't what service to expect, but I am looking forward to receiving them!

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    BWNeo is one of my favorite parts of the TF Franchise. The series was fun and had a plot that I really enjoyed, the manga was a drastically different telling of the same basic plot, and the toys are a ton of fun. Big Convoy remains one of my favorite toys of all time.

I've been lazily gather members of BWNeo, but I haven't done so in a very long time, first due to Animated/Classics, then due to personal finances. I'm not a fan of Magmatron, but there are plenty of winners in the line. Rockbuster is one of those, "there's nothing really amazing or special about it, but I really like it anyway" figures. I actually used Heinrad as an alarm clock for a while.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Big Convoy's indeed an awesome figure, one of my favorite Convoys of all time. The BW Neo molds as a whole are fantastic.

11. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really love the BW Neo figures, but for petes sake, if there's one figure you should stay away from its Randy. Lil' bugger suffers gold plastic syndrome like a mofo. Pretty scary if you ask me.

YouTube - gold plastic syndrome

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Archadis has been on my list for a while, since the Archaeopteryx has been my favorite dinosaur for like, ever. But if I got him, I'd probably get the Vs. pack with Mack Kick, because I can't resist the extendo-necked horsebeast.

13. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, BWNeo Randy features pretty heavily in all the GPS stories. He's still available MISB for pretty low prices, but I just don't wouldn't take the risk of my 'cheap' toy becoming even cheaper, i.e. worthless, in a matter of seconds.

14. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Nice. I was gonna make a BWNeo thread the other day. Glad someone else did. I am loving this line lately. Got into mostly for the dino bots for my wife but the more I've looked around I just love the molds and character the figures have even though I've never seen an episode of the show. Picked up that Sonokong Stampy and Sling 2-pack on sale from Bigbad and probably the next purchase will be the Sharpedge vs. Hardhead. Oh and Killerpunch can be pretty pricey, He's a crazy looking re-mold though. Gotta kinda decide how much you like the Guiledart mold before you invest in him. For the wife and I we had to have him for dinosaur reasons beyond TF reasons. :lol 
    -G

15. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    I'm not at all a Beast Wars fan. The fiction, the toys, the designs... none of it appealed to me back in the day. Yeah, yeah, I was one of those "truck not monkey" guys in high school, being a G1 fan since it premiered in 84 and not liking the new direction for the franchise.

But one day, years later, I stumbled upon a Beast Wars Neo Heinlad gallery and simply had to have the crazy bastard in my collection. A tanuki transformer? With a working alarm clock? Holding a sake bottle that turns into a cannon? This was just too insane to pass up. Since then, every once in awhile I get the urge to check out video reviews of the Neo toys and seriously debate picking up more. I have my eye on Stampy and Cohrada at the moment. What other figs do you guys recommend?

16. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I think I am the only Peruvian Trans-Fan who has got a complete BW NEO set and I am so proud of it.

The figures are awesome with most of them on top of transforming complexity. All the DInos look aweosme both in robot and dino modes. The hardest figures to find for me where Survive and Killerpunch. I was lucky to find Killerpunch for less than $50.

Keep on BW NEO!

17. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This

I remember buying a MIB Randy at Botcon last year, and once I popped his pistol into his hand, his fist broke. Got another Randy but in a vs pack to replace the hand, but will remain MIB even though this one's beast mode lost an arm while it was being shipped to me.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Got me a stampy on the weekend. Don't know if I'll like him as much as longrack, but I hope so.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you might. I like the hell out of Stampy.

20. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Yeah, Stampy's awesome. I was playing with him again last night. Just a creepy ass red eyed rabbit. :lol 
    -G