Insecticons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Sep 17, 2010.

?

favorite insecticon

1. Kickback

32.7%
  2. Bombshell

31.7%
  3. Shrapnel

25.0%
  4. Barrage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Chop Shop

2.9%
  6. Venom

3.8%
  7. Ransack

3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD All are dead, yes?

Shrapnel

2. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Bombshell was one of my all time favourite Decepticons of all time. I loved his character design as well as those mind control things that shoot out from his horns, those were epic back then.

3. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I even remember how I dispersed them among the factions, too, now that I'm reminded.

Let's see...All the Avarians/all Autobots, even the bat. Yes, Rex was a badass. I think because the toy was so robust.
    Defenders: Atlantis/Autobot, Tanker (green)/Decepticon, Wheels (green)/Autobot.
    Super Defenders: D.A. Tona/Autobot, of course. An asshole like Sunstreaker.
    Never had the Jumbo.
    I just used the Insectors to fill out the Insecticon ranks. Thus, the crew was a full twelve mechs, pretty much a small faction unto themselves.
    Maladroids: Nofka/Decepticon, Sunyak/High-ranking 'con, Zardak/Decepticon. I guess it was the fact that they had what looked like Cybertronian altmodes. With a little fiddling, Sunyak has an "ATST" mode.
    Spies: Bandit/Decepticon, Cash/Autobot, Focus/Autobot, Spin/Autobot, The Binoculars/Decepticon.
    No Minibots.

Awesome! I ID'd a toy on that site I literally could not recall the line for decades.
    The "Megabug Gladiators". I had the Dragonfly. Got it at a Mervyn's, as I recall. Man, that scorpion is straight outta an episode of Thundarr the Barbarian.

- Coeloptera

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I didn't have many of the other Convertors... mainly just Insectors and Avarians, and a tiny version of Whirl.

I think Rex looked badass because his body seemed to be made out of blades. He even had Wolverine claws! :D 

I mainly remember using Crawler (antenna dude) as... "Flayer"? He could use his antennae as whips and electrocute other TFs. Most of the other Insectors fulfilled the roles of Deluxe Insecticons I didn't own. :) 

zmog

5. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I picked Bombshell, but that's only because out of dumb luck I have owned a dozen over time.

I never sought out any insecticons but somehow I always ended up with a Bombshell in my collection.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Kickback in case our own Kickback bans everyone who did not vote for him :lol 

Seriously I like grasshoppers.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Kickback was my favorite childhood Insecticon. I remember staring at the box at Kmart and Target for a very long time back in the 80s. I had Chopshop briefly but it never grew on me. I still prefer the original Insecticons to the 2nd wave of Insecticons.

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

And a huge scimitar. Guy was a flying melee machine, like Hawkman, except giant and metal.

- Coeloptera

9. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    Just checking to see if the member name voted for Kickback. Look for the red letters. :D 

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Still got yours? I still have Rex, Feathers and Robat AND their swords. Interesting that they all made it through, but Crawler's the only Insector to survive that batch.

Found a reasonably decent dollar KO version of Rex a while ago too... all the chrome parts are yellow instead, but he's otherwise a decent rendition.

Funny... just realized that I never see Radicons doing upgraded/re-articulated versions of Deluxe Insecticons. I know they're less popular than the originals, but I still find that surprising, considering that I would think they'd be prime candidates for upgrading and customization.

zmog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.