Insecticon - Badass again??

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Jaicen, May 8, 2012.

1. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was it just me, or was knockout's insecticon in Tunnel Vision an utterly badass mofo?
    Yeah, he did go down like a bitch to the oldest trick in the book. But, he had fricking laser beams coming out of his EYES man. And he laid a smack down on bee. The scene where he's dragging the bots is awesome.
    Anybody else feel like this redeems Armada a little bit?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's probably that the Insecticons in Armada were only just hatched and thus didn't get enough time to fully get more stronger. So by the time Tunnel Vision came on they've fully grown into adults.

That's my idea anyway.

3. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

He took the third rail like a ruptured yak.

What a wimp!

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Watching the episode, it struck me that whenever it got shot, it had one of those standard "shield" effects whereby you see an energy flash/discharge/ripple thingie.

I'd thus postulate that Airachnid's control meant their shields were lowered. As the last few times we saw Insecticions, let's see....

1. Cybertron - impervious to blaster fire.
    2. vs Megatron. No blaster fire taken, conveniently, since Megatron's gun was disabled
    3. Swarm deployed - going down with 1 or 2 shots. So they have horrible body armor against blasters but strong against physical attacks.
    4. Insecticon seems to have shielding against blasters. Not mindcontrolled.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    This. I don't think people are taking into account how strong Megatron WITH his fusion cannon is supposed to be. Yeah, he was picking Insecticons out of the sky in Armada. He had his fusion cannon that time. Without it in Crossfire, he had a much tougher time. I don't see what the big complaint is. It seemed reasonable to me.

6. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

I agree, definitely happy with that version of the Insecticon, great performance. I love the growling noises it makes. So bad ass. And throwing Bee on top of Arcee like dirty laundry, lol!!

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still going by the writers cheating and making them stronger based on numbers. I'm not following any theories unless it was explained in the show. Some of the theories don't even make sense. Weak in insect mode/blaster fire? They got shot by blasters multiple times in both modes in episodes other than Armada and they didn't even flinch. Just hatched? How do you know the one on Cybertron wasn't "just hatched"? We even see it come out of the same pod as the ones on Earth.

He took a shot from Megatron's weapon once before it got webbed up. And considering the Insecticon still put up a good fight after that, in Crossfire it was still pretty good at taking blaster fire.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Right. The one on Cybertron didn't just hatch, either.

I don't get these things. They're awesome the first couple of times, they suck, then they're awesome again.

It better stay that way.

9. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Arcee and Bumblebee have taken shots from Megatron and are both in perfect health. Insecticons should not be affected at all from anyone's blasters if they felt like being consistent and theories should not be needed in the first place.

10. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It does seem to correct what happened in Armada a little bit. Tunnel vision is more consistent with previous depictions of the insecticons.

11. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Well, when Isecticons fly from Airachnid to Megatron, they were barely waken up...And how do you feel in the morning?

12. Karta

Karta Active Member

Megatron killing them was never problem in my opinion, his cannon firepower is way above Arcee stinger. Best example I guess being how he killed the big Unicron construct.

Only problem would be autobots fight with them in Armada.

Best explanation would be that the hive had severe lack of energon and now that they been fed are functioning at full power. They could be also inferior version to Cybertron one, just because exterior is same does not mean interior is as well.

Now if you want really crazy explanation then their weak when our sun shines upon them.

13. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Na....
    They made the big bug as strong as he was first shown. But That last episode...Arcee was jumping and flipping all over the place. And even though insecticon wasn't taking damage the fight still felt one sided.

14. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know we all want the Insecticons to be as bad ass as we want them to be.
    (myself included)

But your adding that in yourself. The 'insections waking up'-power-drop wasn't said in the show, so sadly that's not the reason.

The real reason the Insections change in power episode to episode is lazy writing.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It's the ninja trope. One ninja is a threat, an army of ninjas is cannon-fodder. Expect to see the Insecticon power levels fluctuate depending on their numbers deployed.

But I don't care. They stuck around, and that's a miracle itself.

No it didn't. That's just the effect for the blasters. You see that all the time when Vehicons get hit.

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It died by rail road track. If that was a main character, they'd only be knocked out I bet.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    How does a subway track kill an Insecticon? I know that's a lot of voltage, but it's friggin' huge and really tough. Are you telling me the charge in the third rail does more damage than a cybertronian blaster?

Actually, considering the weak 'pew-pew' effects the guns have I wouldn't be suprised.

Also I gather we're ignoring the fact that the characters all happily prance around on the third rail (even the Insecticon just before he gets shocked falls backwards over all three rails and just gets up) all episode without getting zapped, then? Cool.

18. ciberw0lf

ciberw0lf Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the best explaination I've heard as well. Also, Airacnid may not have been mentally powerful enough to control multiple insecticons. Therfore, the swarm in Armada was not operating at full capability

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Next time one will be killed by a gust of wind.

Then it explodes.

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I believe you remember my quote from another thread, dear SBlackout!

The next Insecticon was walking along the sidewalk, when he saw a pebble in his path. He then sidestepped the pebble. He then had a hearty laugh at how clever he was to dodge the diabolical pebble.

And then he stepped on the bomb.

On-topic, I don't blame the bug for getting dropped by the rail. In science-fiction, electricity always f*cks over robots. That's why Knock-Out's staff is so effective.