Insect Transformer Identification

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, May 5, 2011.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing urgent, but I'm curious to know if anyone on here has these figures or knows anything about them. I got them all from my Grandma who lives in Greece when I was quite young (at least 10 years ago), and I'm pretty sure they came separately because I didn't get them at the same time. The gal on the far right (at least I think it's a femmbot) is quite a bit more solid than the others (and is the only one with the teddy bear marking), but I think they're from the same line because of how they're constructed & whatnot. She's probably just a higher class or something, where as the others are smaller.

I was able to find the little brown guy & the ladybug (he's not supposed to have the silver gun, that's just there because his shoulder piece broke off) at the 1st link (which documents very similar molds as Thorax & Bugeyes), but that's the only lead I have so far, and it doesn't have anything about the larger mosquito transformer. When it comes to her, I was able to find a couple of things online, but again, no names. The 2nd link is to a really cool piece of fanart on DA, and the 3rd is where somebody painted her to look like an Insecticon, but nothing as far as a name or anything. I don't remember where I got that image from, so if anyone knows (especially if it's your work), please let me know.

- Thorax image gallery and review
    - Drain by *Darkenlite on deviantART
    - http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/diamond_bear_xp/4378052030_b1d24a61bc_o.jpg

Oh, I also keep finding this guy via my google searches, but he seems to be a little newer/different, and I haven't had any luck connecting him to the others. Again, this isn't a big deal, but if anyone here knows something I don't, please say so. :) 

- http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-fighter-insect-robot-action-figure-new-167894549

Edit - I'm pretty sure the smaller guys are Insecto-Bots (as seen by the following three links), but the bigger one might be a legit Go-Bot or something different.

- http://cgi.ebay.fr/COMPLETE-VINTAGE...821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb36c028d
    - http://figure-archive.net/toyline.aspx?toylineID=1937
    - http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?FID=8561&figure=beetle

Getting back to the bigger one, I've found the following two links that show the same mold, but with different heads/colours.

- http://www.blogtransformers.com/2009/12/nuevas-adquisiciones-insecticons.html
    - http://www.best-b2b.com/userimg/989/1000-1/changing-insect-376.jpg

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Never seen them before, and I want that mosquito-bot.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    a knockoff that is very common at big lots, i don't know much more about it than that

4. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, and I'm actually finding more about these guys tonight than I've been able to find throughout the last year, including at least 2 that seem to be KOs or the larger toy. Speaking of which, do you have a link to the one at big lots? I know the guy on DA said he got his there, but I haven't been able to find anything through the searches or toy listing.

I also found this ebay lot, but the seller pretty much only knows what we do.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Transformers-...6QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SILF:GB:102

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    love these :D 

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Which one?

The only one I see in the pic that looks like one of the "Quick Change" insect-bots at Big Lots is that thing in the middle. I've never seen the mosquito-bot at Big Lots -- if I had, I would already own it.

That green bug thing is especially weird-looking. Why does it have a face for a chest?

[edit]

The yellow bug and black/gray beetle bots pictured in this link I have seen at Big Lots:

http://www.blogtransformers.com/2009/12/nuevas-adquisiciones-insecticons.html

It's one of the "Quick Change" toys. I forget the manufacturer name at the moment.

7. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Why does one of them have a face for a chest? I honestly don't know, and it's puzzled me for years. However, it could easily have come down to the creators wanting to make an interesting toy, and then deciding on something silly like that to set him apart from the others. I mean, he's probably the most plain out of all of them & doesn't even have robot arms, so I've always thought it was cool. If anything, it seems like an idea worth stealing if I ever find myself doing a custom.

/2 cents

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Ha! It was a rhetorical question. But what a weird design. Now I'm curious to see what the back of it looks like. Does it have a face on its butt too? :lolol 

9. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Haha, it's all good.

From the back, he's just dark brown like the majority of his body, has a rubber insect head folded down over his soft plastic wings, and then has a little "made in china" right above his ass. The poor guy couldn't even stand up on his own for the pictures because his legs are broken & because he's missing 3 of his 4 feet, so I needed to lean him up against a Gengar.

10. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

many releases of them since the 80s, I personaly remember them as insect-2-sides, for awhile they were available at tru along with some duoconish jet guys as well, in the same section they used to have the off coloured dyrugger/vehical voltron knockoffs.

11. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

That mosquito-bot is definitely available at BigLots I'd recognize those robo-boobs anywhere!

12. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

A robot insect with breasts. That is something you don't see every day.

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Kind of makes sense, actually, since only the female mosquitos bite.

14. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

But only mammals have breasts, then again I guess the robot mode of a Transformer sort of mimics humans/humanoids.
    But I see what you mean and the toy slightly amuses me.

15. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah, and it doesn't help that her back legs/talons/whatever look like penises, and that my angle of capture unintentionally made it look like she's holding one of them. :) 

Also for what it's worth, I get that there's a few different companies that've released these toys, but I'm leaning toward the one I have being from the "Robo-Invaders - Transformable Robots line" for a few reasons.

First off, none of the other lines that we've come up with look "exactly" the same as mine (the Spanish blogger definitely has a different one), and we know that the "Quick-Change" & "Super-Change" toys are usually remolds of existing ones.

Secondly, the eBay seller that I found (link is in post#4) noted the same LH teddy bear logo on the back that mine has (which likely wouldn't have been reproduced by the other brands), and that seller also had the same purple moth that's shown in the multi pack below until they sold it separately or otherwise had to take it outa their lot.

Thirdly, and while this might not mean very much, I specifically remember getting this figure (the female mosquito) loose from my Grandma when I was young, not in a package. This could mean nothing, but the other ones likely went to my cousins. She did this a lot when it came to multi packs, as she'd essentially be able to bring something for all of us.

... and now for the proof/references. This image shows the 4 pack, and the 2nd link below it talks about the package, naming the Mosquito that I have (or think I have anyway) as "Bite".

[​IMG]

- Robo Invaders Transformable Robots - Toys - WantItAll.co.za
    - Other Transforming Toys List