Inquiry on Beast Wars DVDs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I have been contemplating for the longest time on how I would aquire Beast Wars on DVD once I got the money. The first attempt was to possibily get them for Christmas, and I didn't get them, which was a saddening moment for me. :cry 

So a month ago, I ventured to Amazon.com and my jaw dropped at the suspected raise in the DVD sets prices. If memory serves, they were pretty cheap (as cheap as anything Transformers-related can be), but I don't remember the price. So, my question is, was I seeing things, or did they really up the price on the DVDs because of 2007 Film's release?

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

As far as I know the Beast Wars DVDs have always been 59 for season1 and 29 each for season 2 and 3.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd guess the high price has to do with the fact that they're out of print.

4. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    :cry , $59 for Season 1? Ahh, man.

They are? Damn! I better get myself a copy whilst I stil can.

5. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

They are kinda pricey but man they are soo worth it. I got Season1 as a Birthday gift years ago. Fell in love and bought seasons 2 and 3 myself. You can sometimes get a deal on all 3 in the BST board here. I got a second set there for a friend.

6. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if your willing to pay a little more and have a multiregion dvd player you should get the austrailian versions.ya get all the features from the US set, better video quality and lots more extras especially on season 3

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Companies have things go out of print for various Reasons, this being that Rhino lost the Deal with Hasbro, but there are others like Disney that do it on purpose and then bitch that Piracy is hurting them. Sometimes people are turning to Piracy to avoid being gouged on the secondary market.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

9. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    try blockbuster. I live in Canada and season 1 I ordered two weeks ago for 45 bucks.

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Thanks for the information. I've been wanting these sets too.
    Awesome thread!

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's always best to get any TF show on DVD as soon as it's released, or at least before it goes out of print. These box sets have appreciated more than the Beast Wars toys have!

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The Australian Madman Entertainment release of Beast Wars is the best versions money can buy. Not only is the transfer superior (Mainframe is a PAL production house, so there is not loss in image quality because Australia uses PAL), but it has good extras, such as commentary by Ben Yee, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio (Seasons 1, 2 and 3), Mainframe animators (Season 3 Proving Grounds), some of the voice actors (Beast Wars pt1 & 2) and Simon Furman (Nemesis, pt2), among other things like animation tests, interviews and stuff.

-Season 1

-Season 2

-Season 3

Unfortunately, you will need a DVD player that can play Region 4 DVDs (or can be unlocked to do so, as well as a tv that can process PAL signals, or just watch it on a computer.

13. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Beast Wars and Beast Machines at Deep Discount has everything but season one....and if you search online you can find other codes for extra discounts too....

i just picked up beast machines for 30 bucks last week...and free shipping too....

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I got all of my BW DVD sets for less than $20 pre-owned at CD Warehouse and MovieStop. But that's going on two years ago now. I shop at MovieStop regularly and haven't seen any used copies of any of the BW sets in a very long time.

CD Warehouse, however, has had some of them from time to time for between $20 and $25 used. Check the link below to see if there's one in your area, and then click "Retail Stores" to find specific regional locations.

http://cdwarehouse.com/