Inquiry about the jet twins

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Malunis_T, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I got Jetfire and Jetstorm recently, and I have a question; Has the fact that these toys came out before any official appearance changed how you feel about the characters?

I ask this because, honestly, buying toys isn't always about getting what looks good or how well engineered it is - Sometimes a kid just wants a toy because it's their favorite character. In the twins' case, these are characters we heard about AND got toys of which, save for the comic that came with them, they had nothing but a bio on the box. There were no cartoon appearances of them, or comic ones as far as I know.

Me, personally, I felt less obligated to buy them because I knew nothing about them. Sure, they looked okay, but I didn't care since they hadn't officially done anything that made me wanna go and buy them. It wasn't until after I saw a few pages of the comic online (and a few more non-stock photos ;)  ) that I actually took interest in them, because I learned about their past and saw what they could do. This makes me wonder if the sales on the set was affected by their lack of use in media.

What do you guys think? Did the lack of an actual show/comic cameo affect your purchase, and even now that you have them, do you think you'll like them even more once they show up in season 3? Share your thoughts!

2. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I already have them, and I love the toys/characters. Perhaps their lack of appearance DID affect their sales, but I can't tell from experience. They're the first ever Transformers toys I've gotten, and they're awesome. ^^

Since they ARE supposed to be in the show soon (likely Where is Thy Sting?) I think kids will want to buy them more.

3. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    I'd imagine so. I thought sales were affected because if you look at the stores I've got for TFs... I notice that the items they have a lot of stock of are toy-only characters (ei; The movie line's Cybertron/Energon remolds). Animated is sort of having that affect with the one-episode-appearance characters, as well as redecos like Blazing Lockdown.

Also, congrats on your first Animated purchase! I'd recommend Blurr next, he is, without much exageration, one of the best deluxes in the line so far.

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that's why they included the comic.
    Also the fact that they're combiners might be appealing to kids.

At least it would have been to me when I was a youngin'.

5. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, can't argue with the combiner aspect. I dig the fact that they combine too, but the symmetrical thing is kind of hit-or-miss with these two... It might be varying quality control, but with mine, their crotch splits open too easily, it's like they don't even peg together. It gets to the point where you can't really pose Safeguard, because you have to keep closing up his splitting halves. That kind of makes them less likable, but I'm sure once I see them in action (and in animation, rather than comic form) they'll do something epic that'll make me love them forever.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I actually like that it's hard to get his/their crotch to stay together.
    It's not all that noticeable to me, and it gives Safegaurd a wider stance.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I love 'em. My Safeguard doesn't stay together well, but the individual bot modes are pretty sweet. I can't wait to see them in action in the show.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I like 'em, I'll probably like them more after their debut on the screen, kind of like Dirt Boss.

9. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I have them and they are cool, but 100% agree my impression of them will be influenced by the show, when they appear.

10. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I love em, but I wish Jetfire was more older like about the same as Prime in the cartoon.

But I still love the way they have gone for something different!

11. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I like em and my son read the comic I had from them and now he wants a pair. He says he'll give the other twin to his brother whenever he gets one....no pressure....:/

12. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Oh man, here comes the Geewunner talk. XDD

What I thought would make Jetfire and Jetstorm even more epic is if Jetstorm was named Skyfire. There, the "proper name" controversy comes to an end!

13. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Actually I'm only 21, and only got into transformers about 3 years ago. I much prefer Animated than G1.

I meant I'd like him as a Blurr type character, a Elite Guard Agent who works alone, and have Jetstorm his Decepticon rival.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I, too, am eager for their show appearence. I'm not overly fond of the jet modes. (mostly because they're only jets on the front half) I love Safeguard, mine holds together okay but for some reason if he's left for hours he'll pop apart. Jetstorm is really nice, but Jetfire has some deco issues for me. Overall, I like them and I'm glad I didn't wait to see if they'l be in S3 before buying.

15. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I wonder will their jet modes be slightly more detailed than in the comic?

16. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    I'm expecting the show versions to have a different look to them than the comic. After all, the comic was done by a different artist (TheBoo on DeviantART, as I discovered recently!) I think Boo's style is a little more... cartoony. Not in a bad way, but I'm just saying it's different from the initial Wyatt style.

17. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Lets hope so I wasn't too impressed with the Jet modes to be honest