Customs: Input wanted: Bludgeon

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    No idea where to put this, so I'll go here. If I chose wrong, please move it (and PM me telling me where it was put. That would be much appreciated.).

I saw Megamus' Bludgeon that's for sale earlier tonight, and realizing I don't have $200 to drop on a figure, I decided I'd try to make my own upgraded version. Whether or not I enter this in the contest is beyond me, as I don't know if/when it will be finished (or if I'm allowed to enter... Either way, I don't stand a chance.) Here's the Bludgeon I'm referring to, for those that don't know.

So... Here's a nice list of what I have so far.
    - Minicon Dualor (from Destruction team) will serve as the base for the tank
    - I'd like to make the turret portion removable. If the turret cannot be salvaged, I may have other things to make a turret out of.
    - It will have a shell. I need to figure something out, but it will have a shell.
    - I'd like to give the minicon base a new head, or at least modify the existing one.

Here's a list of what I still need to figure out (please do not hesitate to add input to this)
    - How do I remove Dualor's existing turret?
    - Base figure for a shell (between basic and deluxe size, hopefully. I may be able to revamp my deceased BWN Randy into something)
    - As I have no need for an entire order of Apoxie Sculpt, is there any other type of (inexpensive) modeling compound I can use to fill things in, etc.?
    - Is this a half-decent idea or not?

If I didn't clarify something well enough, please mention it. It will probably only help me in the end.

EDIT: Here's a link to Dualor, for those that aren't familiar with it. http://www.tfu.info/2002/Mini-Con/Dualor/dualor.htm

Thanks in advance for the input
    SB

Attached Files:

2. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Anyone?

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you're wanting to make an actual pretender Bludgeon, its going to take a lot of work making a shell that looks like bludgeon.

4. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I'm thinking more like power suit. Pretender shell sounded like way too much work from the start. Worst case scenario (aside from aborting the project altogether) is a non-transforming Bludgeon shell-esque bot with a transforming Bludgeon tank-esque bot.

5. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

With Bludgeon being made from a minicon you could have him become a "backpack" for the shell.
    some sort of samuri Skeletor would be ideal.

6. Soundblaster1

News Credits: