Injustice: Gods Among Us

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UltraAlanMagnus, May 31, 2012.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it's like a Shattered Glass sort of universe? Heck I'll give it a shot, even though I statistically suck at fighting games.

2. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Bingo.

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Not sure about this one. I like most things DC, but I'm not a fighting game kinda guy. Interesting to see Grundy get a trailer spot.

That was Harley's new look? Might I say...not a fan. Come to think of it, the Ha's on the gun were a dead giveaway I should have gotten.

drool...

4. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    The suits look a bit odd, but it's no big deal. When I first heard the name of the game, I didn't get too interested until I heard it was from Netherealm Studios. I LOVED Mortal Kombat, as that's the best fighting game I played. I can't entirely imagine them putting extremely violent finishing moves the way they did in MK, but I hope this one is at least more violent and mature then MK VS DC.

For now, I can say this has the chance of blowing Street Fighter X Tekken out of the water, like how MK destroyed Marvel VS Capcom 3. It might have competition against Tekken X Street Fighter though, depending on if Namco makes the same mistake Capcom did when pissing us off.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet the suits are a way for them to say "this is how Batman can survive a punch from Superman."

6. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

I don't see how anyone could get hyped for this.

That trailer was shit.

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I think the suits are like that to add detail without just adding texture to the material. I like the armored look for some characters, others it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Also, Ed Boon has said this is thier versions of the characters. They're pulling from multiple histories for them but they wanted to put their signature on them.

Opinions, thats how. I really dislike mustard but some people love it on everything.

I think it looked cool. I am hesitent beacuase the MK franchise hasn't had a great record and I'm not a big fan of DC. But I thoroughly enjoyed MK vs DCU and loved MK 2011. I have faith that NRS can produce a good game and has proven they can produce awsome story modes in a fighting game.

8. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Looks pretty epic, but with what happened to MK vs DC..I am not getting my hopes up.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I *might* buy it if the reviews are excellent and there's a used copy I can get for cheap. I've got enough fighting games on my plate (SFIV, SFxT, MK) that the next game I buy has to be pretty darn good for me to be interested. The graphics look good though.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Actually those suits are the Jim Lee designs for the modern versions in the comics.

11. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I think they're a bit more detailed, but otherwise yeah, they're just the Jim Lee New 52 designs.

12. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

As a bit of DC fanboy I think it'll be fun. Plus the superman finisher is just over the top awesomeness.

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I'm very pleased with the stage interactions. I also like the way the health bar system works, though I can't imagine them putting tag-team in. Here are a few characters I would put in:

POWERS:
    Green Lantern
    Martian Manhunter
    Doomsday
    Captain Marvel
    Darkseid
    Killer Croc (Was potential DLC for MK VS DC)

GADGETS:
    Lex Luthor (already seen in the teaser trailer)
    Cat Woman
    The Joker
    Deathstroke
    Nightwing (Was potential DLC for MK VS DC)
    Robin (If he was more mature looking, maybe in his appearance from Arkham City)

As for guest characters, I don't know if they would put them in, considering that this is DC Comics, but it they do, here's my suggestion:
    Do either...
    - Scorpion and Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat on the Xbox 360 AND Playstation 3 version.
    OR
    - If Netherealm wants to make a guest character but are only able to do it for PS3 again, add Cole Macgrath from Infamous. (DC made comics that were prequels to Infamous 2)

There are my ideas.
    I will be watching over for updates in the future.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Really hope they don't. The whole tag team fighting concept has gotten pretty worn out lately. Marvel 3, MK9, KOFXII, SFxT, Skullgirls, Tekken Tag 2...all tag team FGs, or atleast have a tag mode in MK9's case.

Nothing wrong with tag team fighting of course. But I think we've got enough of that available as is.

16. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    The only thing I didn't like about MK9's tag-team is that when you're playing with a friend on your team, you have to rely on them to survive. Whenever I got in that situation, my partner rarely survived as long as I could.
    It's funner when you're controlling both characters on your team.

17. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm having a very hard time not liking this game...

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hmm..well it certainly is looking more and more interesting

like ive mentioned, im not a big fighting game fan but i'll sure give this a try

i hope GL is in this D:

20. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hmm, the big question is, is that Lex or Superman talking? It seems like the game would make more sense if that was Superman. Too bad it didn't sound like either Tim Daly/George Newbern or Clancy Brown so I guess we'll just get whoever for voices again.

Plus, I better damn well get some Pre-New 52 Earth 3 and/or Justice Lord skins in this game.