Injured extra suing Paramount

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DeathStorm, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Good. $50,000 is chump change (relatively speaking).

If a big ass chuck of metal hit me, I'd sue them up the ass, and to Hell and back.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, sometimes it's not about the money, though in the case of brain damage, she it should be about the money. The poor lady lost the use of her left side, her life won't be the same as it was she took this job. Who knows if she'll be able to work again?

Is team only seeking $50,000 or $50,000 for each count like the title news notice on the front page states? Either way, sounds too low if her life is forever changed by this accident.

3. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

"God" Bless law suit happy AMERICA!

I swear anyway some lazy ass can bitch, and get some extra money so they dont have to work.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too far dude....too far.

5. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    shut up.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you serious or being sarcastic? Please tell me you are being sarcastic because I would like to think that people as stupid as that don't exist.

7. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

You'd better be kidding me. Please tell me you're kidding.

There's no way you aren't though, or can people actually that ignorant?

I hope this woman wins her lawsuit. But $350,000 really isn't a ton of money to a company as big as Paramount is it?

8. pikaprime12511

pikaprime12511 Well-Known Member

some of you guys are fucking DOUCHE Bags! really, calling this poor woman who is paralyzed a bitch? to all of you who are insulting her, put yourself in her shoes! this community makes me fucking embarresed to be a TF fan, because all of you only care about this movie thats going to come out and be a piece of crap anyways! putos gueys, ojala que el diablo los trage! God bless her

9. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

dude WTF!!? it wasnt even his fault! it was a damn accident! you went way to far on that one buddy :mad 

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That really seems a bit low to me. Brain damage is serious business, and if it's as bad as the lawsuit says, she may need somebody to take care of her for the rest of her life. If there really were 7 counts of negligence, she deserves a payout for all of them, even though no amount of money can take back the damage that was done.

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amen.
    I been trollin this site for years. I just signed up to talk TFs with guys that seemed to post reletivly maturely.I thought some of the nastiness was more prevelant on the HissTank side.

Jeesh.

I just get amazed by some of the shit douchebags type, when they dont have to be face to face with another human. This converstion was pretty tame and sympathetic until the douchebaggery began...

Now Im really hoping the poor girl sues for millions and wins, but I would be even happier If I heard she made a complete recovery and Bay gave her a speaking role, or even a hospital bed role, just to ease her pain a little, and still make her proud she was in the movie.

12. ironscythe

ironscythe The Critic

News Credits:
    That's what we should all be remembering, rather than blathering on over the amount in the lawsuit. There is NO amount of money that can make up for the massive brain damage and partial paralysis. Unless Paramount were to directly fund the research to develop new procedures to COMPLETELY repair the damage done to this poor woman, they will never be able to fully compensate her.

13. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope she gets a hell of a lot more than $350,000. I hope her life goes on in peace and comfort.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    THis and and I wish the woman well.

The insurance will cover the woman's claims most likely unless they can prove something that lets them out of paying. Such as the staff at the shoot knew the thing that failed was likely to fail and went ahead anyway.

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Keep it calm, folks. We don't want the Mods to come down hard on all of us.

IMO, she might as well get her 50 grand. As said, it's chump change for Paramount and Dreamworks.

And this'll probably all we'll hear about this until it's resolved. All attornerys in things like this, with the media, tell their clients to keep their mouths shut. This was no doubt told to the entire cast and crew, and everyone who's in this.

16. amberbratt

amberbratt StarSapphire21

Damn, I have been on FB to much..

I looked for the "like" button.

LOL

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

350k does seem rather low, but I suspect there's more to this than what's being made known. Perhaps what happened has been officially determined to have been a horrendous freak accident and that no one was negligent or at fault in any way. Then any possible injury clause(s) in the contract she signed on top of that. Both of which making Paramount legally off the hook and unobligated to compensate her.

So considering that, it's possible that her lawyers may have felt suing for millions might be shooting for the moon, and went for a lower amount that Paramount *should* have no problem settling with. Which they should. The poor woman more than deserves it.

18. b.winn1

b.winn1 Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to this woman and her family. Being a parent myself I cant even imagine what it would be like to see that happen to my kids no amount of money can fix that. Its a lose lose to me

19. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad most of you seem to see this as a serious matter. And ya'll are right. It isn't about the money, or about blame. It's about this poor woman. And again I state my belief that the right thing will be done by someone in production.

20. roarmore

roarmore Well-Known Member

Do they not make extras sign some sort of waver or something? I mean seriously.