@#$%ing RROD

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, Mar 22, 2008.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

So it happened tonight. The dreaded RROD. Figures...a month before GTA IV. Guess I'll be going with the PS3 version then.

So my 360 is 13 months old now. Went to the website to see about repairing it. I was under the impression that they were fixing this hardware problem for free. Guess I was mistaken. Seems the warranty's out, and they want $100 fucking fucking FUCKING dollars to fix it. Seriously...how can they charge to fix something they acknowledged was a problem with their hardware? WTF?

So now to figure out if it's worth it to spend $100 more on the fucking console, or just go buy one of the Elites I saw the other day.

unfuckingbelieveable.

2. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Dam man that sucks but the turn around is fast. You can get it back before GTA4

3. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

What? They have extended the warrenty for 3 years just for the RROD. They should fix it for free.

4. DevilzFan

I'll have to give them a call monday then. Because according to the XBox Service website, my 13 month old 360 is out of warranty.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Warranty doesn’t matter they are fixing mine right now and I’m WAY past warranty. When it asks what the problem is and you select red ring then they repair charge is deducted. At lest it was for me.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Fuck the warranty, Devs; call them. RROD issues are under an extended warranty for 3 years.

7. DevilzFan

Thanks Buzz and Draven. When I went to the next screen, they did indeed take off the charges for the RROD.

So now I await the box to send it in.

And the other hard choice....do I switch my GTA IV preorder to the PS3?

8. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Rumor is the whole GTA delay is that they where having trouble getting it to run right on PS3. I’m sure that they got it worked out so I would suggest basing your decision on whether or not you car about the achievements.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear that man that sux. I have had mine since launch with no problems and it runs great. I do use a disc cleaner every month and compress air cleaning as well so maybe that is what is helping.

10. DevilzFan

Well, there's also the downloadable "episode" content packs for the 360 planned too, which I hear are exclusive to the 360.

11. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    I forgot about those. You might have some extra time to think about it. Seems like people are thinking that it might get delayed again considering there has been no demo and from what I hear reviewers haven’t even been given early builds to check out.

When you send your Xbox in you’ll be getting a brand new one in its place. The new one should have the redesigned motherboard and better heat sink so you shouldn’t fear getting ringed again.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  12. DevilzFan

New one eh? So that means I'm going to be screwed on my XBL stuff right? IE, I HAVE to be online to play downloaded games?

On the plus side, what are the chances of them sending me a replacement pro with an HDMI port? heh

As for GTA, I read a 6 page or so "hands on preview" in EGM this past month. They were glowing about it. So hopefully it won't be delayed.

13. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

If they send you a new one I'd imagine it would have HDMI. Mine red ringed last august just before they started putting HDMI in the non-Elites. I did get a new console, with a build date a few days after mine died.

14. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Don't count on a new one. I checked the man date on my new one when I got it and it was a refurbed one that had been made around the time the one I sent in.

Pissed me off.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Mine was 16 months old and it was fixed for free. We actually called them on a saturday night and had their shipping box here by tuesday.

16. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    I don't know what your odds of getting an HDMI one. Friend told me he read they are pulling 360's off of shelves to send out so in that case your odd are good, but from what people said here who know.

When you send it in you don't send back the hard drive. I think that off line play thing was only if you have a new hard drive, but I don't remember exactly.

17. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

My walmarts xbox 360 had a red ring :lol 

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  19. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

For some reason the Xbox website doesn't reflect the 3 year warranty on the status but worry not, it is indeed in place. You can either give them a call or place a repair order online.

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Nope. It is based on the HDD and the console, sadly. At least if my memory hasn't failed me.