@#&!'ing Ironhide

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Turnip, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm playing through the PS2 version of Transformers:The Movie and I'm to the Ironhide bossfight playing as Blackout. How the heck do I beat this guy? He just pelts me with missles before I can get close enough to do anything and as soon as I drop my guard to try and get close or even to just run away I get hit and fly across the screen.

2. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

1. You toss something at him.
    2. Beat him up
    3. Stay away from him and destroy the drones.
    Then start at one again.

He will try to ram you with his shoulder once he stops running you can throw something at him
    His gun attack is after you have beaten him up and serves as a personel defense as you will notice he does not movie.
    Destroy the drones for Ironhide to chase you again and start the process over again

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    why didn't you post this in the GAMES forum?

4. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, guess I've never actualy scrolled down far enough to notice that there is, in fact, a games forum.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

wait until he is done charging and start the attack.

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

LMAO! You need to go find all the posts I made about this fight. It's a ballbuster!!!

7. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

The drones were worse then Ironhide for me. Those damn tow trucks, when you have to go against 2 at a time it's a pain in the ass.

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Don't throw stuff at him. That has no effect at all. After losing pretty much all my hair and patience, I found a tactic that works much better:

Just follow him around. Don't throw things at him, don't shoot him...just trail behind him. Eventually he'll stop shoulder-charging. That's when you hit him. After a few punches, pick him up and throw him into a wall, then throw a bus at him for some extra damage.

After that, he'll stand back up and more drones appear.

If you ask me, the drones are a bitch too. Just throw trucks and buses at the "whip guy" drone. There's a white pickup truck drone that has a similar shoulder charge as Ironhide. Just follow him and hit him when he stops running. The rest die quite quickly.

9. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    For me the problem was the damn police choppers. I shot a few down every once in a while for health pick ups and so I could stay alive.

10. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Yeah, it took awhile to figure out how to beat Ironhide as Blackout. I eventually figured out that destroying all of the drones first is the only way to make Ironhide vulnerable, then I just followed what Lord of Tetris said. I also made it a point that when Ironhide's life meter/picture disappeared, I transformed Blackout to helicopter mode and nitroed the hell out of there to the opposite side of the battlefield so I wouldn't get blasted by Ironhide's long range attack. Those police choppers come in handy for health pick-ups as someone else said. He's definitely the hardest boss in the game, even worse than fighting Megatron IMHO.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who noticed that shooting 2 EMP shells and then immediately beating his ass works quite well? That, and tricking him into transforming and then come out of hiding and kick the shit out of him. Mwuahahahaha.

As for the Longarm drones: Throw a bus at one, knock him down, throw him at the other. Rinse, repeat, dead within moments...And oh so satisfying. It's kinda tricky to get them down though.

Oh, and DON'T TRANSFORM WHEN HE'S ABOUT 1/2. He will blast a one hit kill attack at you before you know it.