2D Artwork: Infusion Redux

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by skylight, Aug 1, 2016.

?

So, who will help me out (If you're still interested)?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2020.
  1. I will! (Animator)

7.1%
  2. I will! (Voice actor)

42.9%
  3. I will! (Composer)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'll need to see more.

14.3%
  5. Maybe.

21.4%
  6. No Thanks.

14.3%
  1. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the Shockwave

2. skylight

skylight Well-Known Member

Thanks Nova.

• Like Like x 1
  3. skylight

Next up, the massive communications officer, Soundwave:

[​IMG]

Not much is really known about how Soundwave came about or what he's truly thinking, but, at least on the exterior, he's truly loyal to the Decepticon cause in defeating the Autobots, though he doesn't display Megatron's hatred for the techno-organics or pure organics. His vernacular is very short, with sentences containing usually a maximum of 20 words, and unlike the other Cybertronians, seems artificially produced. As for his size, Soundwave is one of the largest Decepticons, doubling as a troop transport, flying hordes of Vehicons into different drop zones. His other function is a communication officer, listening to various communications of both friend and foe alike, relaying them to his master. The jobs he is too large for are done by his 5 minions, who are launched from a catapult ramp into the venue. Voice-wise, I think MacInTalk's voice for AUTO from Wall-E would do nicely.

Redesign: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Good idea for his voice.

Nice design. :buttrock  Definitely looks like Soundwave.

5. skylight

Thanks, Nova!

6. skylight

Next up, Soundwave's smaller muscle twins, Rumble (blue) and Frenzy (Red) :

[​IMG]

Idiotic, super-violent, and loud, these twin brothers have the miraculous tendency to remain undetected for hours at a time when they can focus on it. While doing so, they can map out an enemy encampment, only to concoct simple plans on how to destroy it, Rumble armed with piledrivers and Frenzy armed with drills, and both armed with powerful back-mounted flak cannons. Though they are actually quite small in comparison to their master, Soundwave, these two mobsters are actually quite large, only about a head shorter than Ultra Magnus. If their size wasn't deterring enough, their pure desire to cause harm and/or damage certainly is. Voice-wise, I think Dan Castellaneta's voice for Scarface in The Batman would work for Rumble and Tom Kenny's voice for The Penguin in The Batman would do nicely for Frenzy.

Redesigns: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. skylight

Thanks BBJ8

8. skylight

Now, I'm actually going a little out of order just this once to group the Decepticons associated with Soundwave with their master.

9. skylight

Next up, the tinfoil turkey himself, Laserbeak:

[​IMG]

Laserbeak is an easily-bored Decepticon, not even spurred by the battle against the Autobots. He finds his opponents too easy to defeat from the air, and too easy to spy on when their backs are turned. Even his tone of voice is completely unconvinced and apathetic. However, Laserbeak is not only easily bored, he's also very eerie. He has a very large brain, which is said to contain thoughts so disturbing and retch-worthy, that no one dares ask this bird what he's thinking. Also, he obviously has a beak (along with an odd pair of fully-functional mandibles), but he doesn't speak out of that. He speaks out of two vents very close to his visor, giving his voice a very ethereal feel. Weapon wise, he has medium-payload bombs (thanks to his alt mode), Energon blades on his wings, his mandibles, his talons, and a pair of laser repeaters on his boosters. And I believe Roger Craig Smith's voice for Shinji Hirako in Bleach would do nicely.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Soundwave is awesome, oh my god.

11. bumblebeej8

News Credits:
    Laserbeak is really good!

12. skylight

Thank ya Coffee. :) 

13. skylight

Thank you very much, BB!

14. skylight

Next up, the low-prowling cyber-feline, Ravage:

[​IMG]

This 'Con is both a predator and a bully at the same time. He finds targets that are strong enough to put up a good fight, but weak enough that he can overcome them in the end, and then proceeds to educate them on a new definition of horror. At the end of it, there's just the sound of sadistic cackling and the sight of a clawed up, projectile-ridden husk. Ravage is also not opposed to attacking from the water, or even attacking humans at night. When it comes to bigger, more powerful opponents that he can't tussle with, he is still able to defend himself with a Dark Energon shock that is sure to make his opposition release him. Of course, if Ravage is really in the mood, he can always bite at them with his Dunkleosteous-like jaws.

Voice-wise, I think Edwin Neil's voice for Ghor in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption would do nicely.

Redesign:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. skylight

Next up, (and the last of Soundwave's minions), the disturbing guard, Ratbat:

[​IMG]

Ratbat wasn't always the nocturnal flier she is now. She used to be a nurse called Raise who was captured by the Decepticons, had her spark extracted and transplanted into a newly-made body, and was forced to join the Decepticons through a mental "chain" system, which restricts her personality and alters her speech to Cybertronian whispers. Ratbat actually has no intention of hurting anyone, but she does watch over the prisoners of war, who often end up wishing someone would just put a bullet through their heads, as her eyes stare almost endlessly at them and she doesn't exactly understand...personal space. She does have weaponry, in the form of blades on her wings, but prefers to use it strictly for defense.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. bumblebeej8

News Credits:
    Ravage and Ratbat are so cool!

17. skylight

Thanks BBJ8. I tried to make them as cool as possible.

18. Bumblejacker

Bumblejacker Well-Known Member

So... She's "Neutral"?

19. skylight

Up next, the insane 3-faced triple-changer, Blitzwing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not much is actually known about Blitzwing, only the rumors that circulate around his origin. Some say he was alive to cause the near-extinction of the Quintessons, a rival race to the Cybertronians, and was punished for it by having his personality split in three, while others say his body is just a vessel (which is inscribed on his chest in Cybertronian) , holding the souls of three of the most dangerous Cybertronians to ever wander the galaxy. Regardless, Blitzwing is a genuinely creepy Cybertronian that no one really wants to get close, not just because the vibe he gives off just isn't right, but also because he's extremely unpredictable. However, every mood he's in can be read by the face he has, the color his luminescence glows, and the weapons he has in his arsenal. When he is glowing blue and faceless, he possesses a cold and calculating demeanor, as well as cryo-missiles and a pistol. When he is glowing red and has a furnace face, he possesses a furious, cocky and brutal personality, as well as fire breath, a cleaver sword and napalm missiles. What is most disturbing, however, is his crazy personality, with a visage resembling a melting gas mask with a caustic green glow, armed with an airy shriek and neurotoxins, as well as crude taunts, songs and sporadic movements. All of this makes him unpredictable in combat, as one moment he could be focused on the kill, and the next he could be making a "yo mama" joke. Voice-wise, for the cold personality, I'd pick Simon Templeman's voice for Kain in Legacy of Kain: Defiance, for the hothead personality, I'd pick Gary Schwartz voice for The Heavy in Team Fortress 2, and for the crazy personality, I'd pick Spike Spencer's voice for Arakune in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. skylight

Sort of. Decepticon by force.