2D Artwork: Infusion Redux

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by skylight, Aug 1, 2016.

?

So, who will help me out (If you're still interested)?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2020.
  1. I will! (Animator)

7.1%
  2. I will! (Voice actor)

42.9%
  3. I will! (Composer)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'll need to see more.

14.3%
  5. Maybe.

21.4%
  6. No Thanks.

14.3%
  1. Optimax Prime

Optimax Prime The 14th Prime

Fort Optimax (which is more than meets the eye)
    guy's a religion nutjob, nothing is fine about him
    no you're not

2. skylight

skylight Well-Known Member

Next up, the power-hungry Captain Insano, Re-route:
    [​IMG]

A long-escaped patient of the Polyhex Medical Center for Mental Health, Re-route is one of the few patients that was there before the evacuation that's actually dangerous in any way. In his case, however, dangerous is an understatement. Electricity and how to obtain it are the only things that are on his mind, and anything and anyone that gets in his way is simply collateral damage. Not only is he strong for how slender he is, but he's fast, moving both on his propulsion pillar and skittering on his insectoid extra legs. Armed with Electron whip generators and his pure insanity, not many dare to cross his path. For his voice, I think a demonized version of Clint Bickham's voice for Finland in Hetalia would do fine.

Redesign: [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. skylight

Finally, for this set of neutrals, the sky and desert-wandering occasional cannigal, Darkwing (with brushes from feavre and redheadstock on the first design) :
    [​IMG]

Darkwing was once a fierce Decepticon to grapple with in battle. However, she quickly lost her taste for harming the Autobots, or anyone for that matter. The fog of madness that fueled her former cause was lifted so quickly, it's as if it was never there. She soon grew angry towards the Decepticons, and was further enraged when she discovered the experiments that Shockwave was involved in. In protest, she made herself techno-organic, discarded her Decepticon badge, and attacking the sociopathic scientist. Though she was able to inflict some major wounds and escape, Shockwave managed to damage her left optic. Nowadays, Darkwing roams the deserts and skies in Nevada like a vulture, looking for both allies and to feed on former comrades, as she does not have the benefit of energon-synthesized food, though some think she is feeding something deep inside her, something... primal and great. Darkwing is not without defense, possessing a blade known as the Sturmhacken (Storm Chop), the power to generate enough electricity and wind current to power (or eradicate) a small town, and sheer height and strength. She is still very kind and reasonable despite her tendencies, relenting in her assault on a provoker only if a true apology is given. Voice-wise, I think Colleen O'Shaughnessey's voice for Nel Tu Odelschwank from Bleach would do just fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. skylight

Hey guys, long time no post. Don't worry, the project's still very much alive, I just had to load up some ammunition for the thread.

Now to start us back up, the leader of the bad guys, the dark comedian, Megatron:

[​IMG]

Once a former philosophy teacher on Cybertron (who had Orion Pax as one of his students), Megatron soon lost his job due to incident which he will let no one speak of, and fell into a deep fit of insanity. During this shattering of his mind, he would begin to find a great deal of comedy in the suffering of others, and wanted more material for his... routine. He soon discovered the Decepticon cause, thought to be buried for 5 centuries, and resurrected it, taking the helm and destroying any who opposed his leadership. However, his leadership would take on a much more sinister and sacrilegious angle. Along the way, and before the war came to be, Megatron discovered proposals by Autobots and former Decepticons to re-ignite a project that would help them become techno-organic, or, as they put it, closer to their true nature, as they often compared their own mechabiology to biology itself. Disgusted by this, Megatron became a Cyber-purist, and, seeking the help of others like him, declared war on those would dare "desecrate the image of Cybertron", or, as it was in the back of his mind, crush those who would eventually oppose the Decepticon Empire. Now that the war has come to and been on Earth for a decade, Megatron still retains his comical yet deadly disposition, but has acquired an upgraded fusion cannon, an energy claw, and an Earth-based alternate form, as well as newfound disdain for the organic life on the planet along with techno-organic life. He now lies in wait, planning something tremendous and terrible. Voice-wise, I believe James Woods' voice for Hades from Hercules would do nicely (he already has a voice actor)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. skylight

Before I continue, guys, any questions, comments or suggestions?

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Are you considering doing your own version of Whirl soon?

7. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Starscream and the other Seekers?

MegaEmpress and the Four Guards?

8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I love Megatron's look. Especially the Armada inspiration behind the helm. He looks unique and terrifying. His energy-claw is also an interesting weapon, which I can see him using to strangle unlucky subordinates.

9. skylight

Yes, later down the line, and different from other Whirls.

10. skylight

Seekers, yes

Megaempress, I don't plan on.

11. skylight

Thanks, Coffee. It actually works a bit like an EDK TechVolt from War For/ Fall of Cybertron.

12. skylight

Next up, as Stonecrusher asked, the Seekers, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These three Decepticon brothers are aerial guard dogs, protecting the Decepticon empire at any and all costs. Or, at least, one of them is, and that is Skywarp, a fiercely (and kinda creepily) loyal guard to Megatron, willing to lay his spark on the line for his cause, and armed with teleportation and flamethrowers to do so. Starscream and Thundercracker, however, are two polar ends of a spectrum. Megatron's first lieutenant, Starscream certainly is loyal to the Decepticon cause, but not to Megatron. He believes that the Decepticon cause should be under his care and that Megatron is an unfit madman who he would love to blow a hole through with his null rays, if only he had the guts to pull such an act off. Instead of direct confrontation, Starscream relies on underhanded and blatantly cowardly tactics to not only try to trick his way into the top of the chain, but also to fight his enemies. Now Thundercracker... is a Decepticon, but not a Decepticon at the same time. He doesn't believe in a single aspect of the cause, nor does he really care about it. In fact, he doesn't really seem to care about much at all. The only reasons he seems to be in the ranks at all are his bloodline and his skill as a fighter, armed with storm cannons and heavier armor. Voice-wise, I'm thinking Doug Parker's voice for Terrosaur from Beast Wars for Starscream, Charlie Adler's voice for the Cobra Commander in G.I Joe: Renegades for Skywarp, and John Kassir's voice for Deadpool in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for Thundercracker.

Redesigns:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Dig their very movie inspired designs. :) 

14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Awesome Seekers!

Thundercracker's probably my favorite of the three.

15. skylight

Thanks. And yeah, I think it actually works to their advantage.

16. skylight

Thanks Nova! :D  And why's that? His personality? XD

• Like Like x 1
  17. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    Yup, as well as his design which is like a fusion of Armada and the movie seekers. :thumb 

18. skylight

Thanks! :D 

19. skylight

Next up, the sadistic yet stoic Decepticon scientist, Shockwave:

[​IMG]

A powerful triple changer and stoic, sociopathic scientist, Shockwave had been a Decepticon before Megatron rekindled the cause. In fact, he was the one who actually instilled the hatred of techno-organics and organics into him, and showed him the brutal ways of being a Decepticon. In human terms, he is Dr. Mengele, performing horrid techno-organic mutation experiments on traitors, insubordinate soldiers, and even corpses as forms of punishment, torture, and just for the hell of it. If Shockwave could feel glee, he would be cackling to himself as he performs his experiments, and what's worse is after his encounter with Darkwing, he suffered wounds that could possibly be fatal, so any slim moral standards he might have had are completely replaced by the fact that he has nothing to lose. In battle, Shockwave is no pushover, wielding an accelerated particle corrupter cannon and the ability to create pulse waves through generators in the arcs of his feet. Voice-wise, I think Maurice Lamarche's voice for Mr. Freeze in Batman: Arkham Origins would fit nicely.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    Very nice work on Shockwave.