Info on WFC strategy guide

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 17, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Cool. Although i don't use them anymore, at least not the books ... anything and everything in them is available and free online these days. Still sometimes it's nice to have them if there's some good art and what not. :wink: 

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised they still make these. Who doesn't use the internet these days? YouTube has thousands of walkthroughs, some of which are far better than any book.

4. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, exactly, i still have a few from a couple of games from years back and even now i can't be bothered to flick through and find something as it's simply (For me) easier to just get exactly what i need online.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Internet has killed printed materials, imo. Save for comics/picture books, I think the Net has the market cornered. You can't beat free!

6. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    LOL You're right there ... until they start charging for it ..... :wink: 

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think we'll ever see people charging users to use their YouTube walkthrough, as there's going to be someone else with his/hers up who didn't put it up for money.

I've seen several games with web address to the publisher's site for gaming tips, but I've never had to use them. I assume these tips cost money, but why would I pay for something I can google for free? I think it is unlikely google will charge for their services in the near or distant future, but I digress.

This book will sell as well as other guides, which is probably not well at all :( 

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I'm getting it to read at work on my lunch breaks.

9. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    I wasn't meaning charging for youtube. lol :wink:  What i meant was in regards to say books that appear online, guides and what not, if there was a way for them to stop making strat' books and simply charge for an online guide and stop people getting it free, you can bet they would do that.
    A lot of manga lately has been taken down from multiple sites as a lot of artists aren't happy about people getting them free as obviously they're losing money - I know that's not exactly the same, but there's a similarity there.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    I'd much prefer an Art book, not just something small crammed into a Special Edition but a full on walkthrough of concepts, story boards, high res pics, the whole process of what they do. Not likely but would be nice.

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    So pretty much you want High Moon's studio that we saw on the tour? LOL.

12. Talyn781

Talyn781 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer an art book too
    But I do occasionally pic up Strat guides for art (assuming theres a good amount, and its my only option for that game's art)

13. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Hey, if they could slap that on dvd for me then hell yeah, that would work! None of this 2 minute video nonesense though ..... lol
    Hell, give me a cam and i let me loose on the place, i'd have a field day! :thumb 

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get your meaning. Still, there are those that make guides just because they can, not for the money, so anyone making a guide for money is going to lose in the long run.

I would be content with an art book, even if it were something as simple as the MGS4 pre-order book, which had some nice CG art, but was pretty cheap/last minute looking.

Though, I would like for High Moon to put as much thought and care into a collector’s edition as they did the game. We would have to pay a premium price, so how about some real premium goods? Those buying the collector’s edition wouldn’t (shouldn’t) moan about the premium price, assuming the added features were done with the utmost care—I wouldn’t anyway; it wouldn’t be a collectors edition if it weren’t expensive or without the bonus content.

15. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Still, this comic they're rollin' out with the game might be a nice little side piece. Hopefully we'll get it over here in the UK. Possibly one those 'While limit stocks last' promos?

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always buy strategy guides, even though I don't even use them for game help.

For some reason I just find them interesting to read through, so I'll most likely get this.

17. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    LOL at all the posts critical of the need or existence of a physical strategy guide.

Don't you think the marketers at Hasbro have done their homework? There is obviously a market for this guide, otherwise they wouldn't have gone through the bother of releasing one.

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    They could pay US to read it.

Oh Snap!

:D 

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits: