Info on possible K.O shockwave figure.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SureShot90, Sep 13, 2007.

1. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Okay. I got this figure some 9/10 years ago. But I haven't been able to find out something specific about this figure. He's complete with instructions and in working order and he is moulded like Shockwave. I wonder if he's a bootleg of e.g Astro Magnum or Shockwave or is it an "official" release as such ?. The box says Robotgun and Coko Korea

This is what it looks like. I did some custom work on him. His laser tip broke but I glued it back on (thats why its a bit white in the clear plastic). His light in the laser arm would not function properly so I replaced the little lightbulb in there with a red/orange LED light, and now it really lights up!. His chest diamond-like shape was originally red, but that didn't look nice. The infamous groin was chipped on the front left side but I repaired that with some airfix kits and matched the original colour with enamel humbrol paint and i'm quite happy with the result. Also I did some paint job here and there (e.g made his eye yellow, and making the wings on the barrel black), and then I always thought "how did shockwave fly in the cartoons ?", so therefore I added two engine nozzles from an airfix F15-E modelkit and painted them - I think that looks nice :D 
    His main colour is some weird mix of brownish and grey, but on pictures he appear more grey like Astro Magnum/Radio SHack version, while IRL he's more brownish.
    I think this one is quite rare I really can't find it anywhere on the net, and it isn't listed on http://www.geocities.com/scrambledcity/sko...rbia/index.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone could enlighting me regarding this toy and the origins and what Coko is I'd greatly appreciate it.
    For years I've searched in vain on the internet to find one exactly like this one.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hmm. i have NEVER seen this version before. and ive seen online 2-3 variations of the KO (not including the non KO pre tf shockwave)

3. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Yea I've never seen it before either. I got it back in 97 or 98 and I think a got it from Canada after been using a site call Big Red Toy Box www.brtb.com (site doesn't exist anymore), where I found a person selling it for $25 I think it was.

The black bugles on the chest were originally screamingly red, but I didn't like that so I painted them black.
    He also has those weird "wings" or so that attach to him depicted on the box - they too are all red (you can see them placed in the styrofoam).

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

That is pretty cool. I don't suppose you can post more pics of it out of the box? I am primarily curious about the "wings" on the gun barrel cover.

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I think it's a knockoff Shockwave. I'm not familiar with any figure specifically like this, but there was a rather garish-looking Shockwave KO that also happened to have those, err, nipple-things on his chest as opposed to the way the normal Shockwave chest looks.

No roboot mode pics?

6. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Hatch_1

Hatch_1 Well-Known Member

8. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

:lol  This has got to be on the "worst KOs ever" list

9. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Sorry had no pics of him in robot mode. I just made these pictures a long time ago where I also hoped to get an answer.
    Right now he's stashed away with my G.1 stuff.

That is him alright :) 

But as you say no real info. I've tried finding out more about the company an the toy history but it's kind of a dead end :confused2 

10. SureShot90

Ebay:
    No it's just the attachable "wings/shields", that makes him look dumb. The quality is excellent and is the same as with Astro Magnum (I have him too).

11. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    or the best!!! muhahhahaha! no, i kid.. that's pretty bad, lol.

sureshot, what's on the back of the box? if there's anything written in korean? cuz if there is, i can translate it for ya.

- ko

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

There's the one I was talking about! Gotta love bright white body with equally bright red nipples.

Sureshot, there's rarely detailed info about KO companies. Stuff like Four Star are the exception, not the rule. Good luck anyway.

13. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Theres nothing. Its just the paper cover that slides over the styrofoam :)