Influences

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Any influences for your characters/stories/writing that you got from television/comics/books/ect?

2. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

Well, basically Tv. (movies mostly) and comics do influence me greatly, I always get new ideas and thoughts from everything I watch and the comics I read... Kinda why my comic story changed about 20 million times since I started :p 

My story started randomly and normally until Armada Op. made his first appearance, it wasn't planned, I just threw him in there and needed a good explanation for it. So I decided to wing it based on the Terminator movies (crapped up future, returning to the past to make sure the people who can save the future live on to do so) and went from there :lol 

Each character, to me at least, has their own personalities, even if I'm not the one to give it to them but they already have it when I look at them so I write the script and dialogue based on who's who and what does what and how they get affected by it :p  Some I base off games, others based off their cartoon counterpart, others are just my own thing :p  Take Insaniac for example :lol  In the Small Soldier movie, he's not as hyper and as insane as he is in my comics :lol 

And I must say it's loads of fun to do it :D  Now I never leave my room without a book to keep writing the ideas I get throughout the day :thumb 

3. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Well, I don't know. I just create my own personalities and stories. I guess I get influenced by my fellow writers/comic-makers and other things to make my comic. It's sometimes easy to make a homage to something, but still, it's always a good idea to make your own ideas.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Well, my little team of RID commando KO's (who I call the "KOmbaticons" thanks to a suggestion from Autobus Prime) is each based off of a character from the book "Catch-22", namely the characters of Yossarian (Ro-Tor KO), Chief White Halfote (Armorhide KO), Cathcart (Mo-Vor KO, except he's a bit nicer than Cathcart in the book), and Schiescoff (Rollbar KO).

I also usually reverse some of the trends I find on the other funnies here on TFW. Example: My Armada Hot Shot, who is usually depicted as a mentaly retared JaAm addict, is in my comics a fully-inteligent jaAm hater who is one of the leaders of The Collection.

My "Triggerhappy Prime", a.k.a. Movie voyager 1 Prime, is very closely based on Dirty Harry, except Triggerhappy Prime has better moral values as a whole.

Otherwise, all my TF's are as close to their original personalities as depcted in various media from their respective lines, even just the bio on the packaging if need be. My Shinki are all my own creation: Howling is a complete tomboy who becomes a killing machine if someone calls her a b*tch, Tigris is shy and reserved dispite being a superior fighter with any kind of blade, and my Vitulus is easily scared and quick to pull the trigger on any of her wide range of powerful firearms.

As for stories, only two of my big storylines have been majorly influenced by anything: Ghosts of the Past (now finished) and Robot of Miracles. Gotp was created soley as a "what if?" scenario based on the thirty seconds Sixshot needed to destroy the G1 Aerialbots, in this case if the Aerialbots came back and wanted revenge upon Sixshot above all else. Robot of Miracles is based off of the youtube "Kokoro" videos, namely the basic idea behind them and my story picks up after those videos (the vocaloid Rin dies from program overload causing her systems to crash catastrophicaly) by introducing a multi-versal Mcguffin into the mix along with bringing the Master Chief in to kick some serious ass.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Influences for my comic?

It's mostly the Transformers movies, Steve Jablonsky's score for the Transformers movies, and some of IDW's Transformers comics that I get the most influence from... at least, story-wise.

Mini-Bot's "Comic Fluff" is also an influence on my comic... to a degree.

6. Ian7

Ian7 LOOK AT MY SIG AND CLICK

For mine?

The only one I really try to base or "steal" personality wise is Dead End I tried my best to relate it to Kagura from a manga series Gin Tama.

Otherwise I try to make the as original as possible.

7. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, those things influence some of my writing, storyline ideas, and charcters, but yet I do use original ideas.

My storyline and writing are influenced by those things a little, but not too much. I still like having a mostly original stoyline and writing style.

My characters are extremely varied from being heavily influenced to being entirely original.
    Some charcters are exactly like the character the toy is based, i.e. my Blitzwing is a pretty much exactly like he is in Animated. Some others are mixtures of exsisting incarnations, i.e. my Soundwave being a combination of Animated and G1 Soundwave. A few get their personalities from exsisting incarnations and original ideas. A few are based on characters from things other than Transformers media, i.e. basing my X-Brawn (or atleast attempting to) off of Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy. And there are others who have an entirely original characterization, most notably, my Strarf being an almost entirely opposite of every other Strarf in the Funnies.

I guess that answers the question.

8. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    well i basically take out a toy i want a back story for ill transform him a bunch of times analyzing every little detail and personality possibility and i take what i know some big influences being the dark knight spiderman sharkticomics and optimus2primus9's comic and i make there personality some were easy like swoop and incinerator some where hard like onslaugh/slaught just optimus and highwire and some were given to me like acid storm and tankor but in the end its the fact that none of them mesh well together that makes them mesh well together and then theres of course then owner the creme de le creme of my comic his is completly and and one hundred percent evil i like to think hes the embodiment of the bad in any owner who acidentilly breaks his toy the litle part of him that likes that cracking of plastic, hes unlike any other owner characther on these boards he's the yang to there yin he is evil

9. DOOMPRIME

DOOMPRIME SUPER MEGA LET IT GO!

I mostly get influenced by the character's personality in their respective fictions and try my best to make them as close to the original as possible while in the situation I placed them.

Sometimes I switch personalities around for example my Universe Sideswipe acting like Movie Sideswipe to the paint he even has two blades as weapons.