Infinite Crisis (MANY MANY SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I just finished reading infinite crisis. It starts where many of the mini series end. There is a major war going on in space between Rann and Thangar, The Specter has killed the wizard Shazam. The villians are united. The Justice league has disbanded and Omacs are out in force trying to kill Metahumans. The issue starts out on the moon, the JLA watchtower has been destroyed and the Martain Manhunter is missing. The big three all end up there. (Superman,Batman, and Wonder Woman.) there is an unknown group of people shown in black watching the events unfold. They are trying to decide if they should interviene or not. Mean while the freedom force goes up against the united villians. And are defeated with most of their members dying. Back on the moon the big three are attacked by Mongul. During the battle Wonder Woman tries to kill him and is stopped by Superman. During the confusion Mongul escapes. Batman tells superman he needs to get out there and inspire people. Superman isn't sure if he can. Batman says the last time he really inspired people was when he was dead. They then go their separate ways. Mean while the mystrious people watching all this can't take it any longer. They decide to do something. Shattering where ever they are the last page opens up to Reveal Earth 2 superman, Superboy, 60 something lois lane and alexander Luthor (aka characters from Crisis on infinite earths) Earth 2 superman flies forward saying "This is a job for Superman!"

Alot of other stuff happens but these are the high points. I really liked this issue. I can't wait for issue 2. I apoligise for my poor journalistic skills but it was soooooo good I wanted to share.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    WHOA. I have to read this comic!

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Ditto...

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Wow... just wow.

This was a fantastic start to the Crisis. One issue in and we've already lost the Freedom Fighters. Sure, they were never DC's biggest heroes, but I've had a soft spot in my heart for them since I read the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's a pity to see them go down. But we all know they won't be the last. (and if you kill off Power Girl, DC, so help me God, I will... probably just be really sad and angry, because there's not much I can do about it, is there? :p )

That last page, though. Damn. Golden Age Superman, back in action. The next issue can't come soon enough.

One issue and IC has already firmly kicked House of M's boring, sloppily-paced butt. :ev: 

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The art by Jimenez in this issue had me drooling over each and every panel. And as mentioned above, the story is INCREDIBLE! :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  Glad to see Golden age Supes again after his brief warning about the Crises in the first Superman / Batman Arc.

6. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

man hell of a way to start the dcu's darkest day. can't wait for 2

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Whoa. Did I just read what I thought I read? Awesome.

8. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

It was mind fuckingly awesome.

Also, Villians United #6 too. Apparently there's already 2 Luthors running around, hence the reason some books had one underground working on his power suit while another was with the Society. And the one with the Society is the false one. The real Luthor put together the Six! o_O 

9. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

I think it's kinda sad actually, because all the big Shock and Awe moments were already theorized by fanboys months ago. I mean, I really really liked it, but I was already ready for the two Luthors and the Earth 2 Superman to come into play, I was hoping that all the fanboys were wrong, but they were right. At least about these two things, they were wrong about like 90 other things.

But yeah, a great story, I'm loving this, and nice to see Nightwing back in action.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I was very under-whellmed(sp), but I've never been a big DC nut, so *shrugs*

Art was good though.

11. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

The one in SUPERMAN/BATMAN wasn't really the Golden Age Superman, was it? Looked like Kingdom Come Superman. But then again all of that might be answered in the current SUPERMAN/BATMAN storyline.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

If they killed all the Freedom Fighters, I'll be pissed. I liked Uncle Sam and Ray. Human Bomb I think is definately dead. As well as that girl, no idea who she is. Damage I wasn't sure of.

Overall, I thought it was good. A little all over the place though. We had the JLA on the moon, Donna Troy and the Outsiders heading to get the Gods, Freedom Fighters against the Villains, and Rann War. It kept jumping. Though each part made sense and was justified, sometimes the switching of scenes was to fast. 1 page, change, 1 page, change, 2 pages, change, 1 page, change...

13. The Spider

I think the changes were basically the viewpoint of the Earth-2 Superman and his friends--they were watching all of it unfold at once.

I liked the two pages best. The first superhero (hey, he IS the Superman who appeared in ACTION COMICS #1) breaks through the barrier to save the day.

14. Switchblade

News Credits:
    The girl is Phantom Lady, one of the first female superheroes. I found her death the most disappointing. :( 

Uncle Sam will hopefully be back. Heard something somewhere about him living so long as there was an America, so he might be alright if that's true.

Right now, though, I'm too busy hoping that Power Girl makes it through IC okay to really mourn the Freedom Fighters. I'll likely be worrying about that until issue seven comes out (unless all my deepest fears prove true, that it :cry ).

15. Edge

Ya know its just something thats just a thought but am I the only one who isnt exactly sure if he's comming to save the day or take over?

16. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

17. The Spider

Ooh, that's a good point. OTOH, this obviously takes place after JLA #119, so Earth-2 Superman probably isn't the one who showed up at the Watchtower.

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

19. Edge

I read somewhere in the new jla that jon'n is alive and well but isnt telling who saved him. I cant confirm this though as I droped the book after crisis of connsence.

And as for that well it could be anybody, I've seen cyborg superman being thrown around. And it could be earth 2 supes just using him but who knows.

20. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Everybody loves Power Girl.