Infinite Crisis #1 Perez's Cover

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Aug 9, 2005.

1. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

Yeah, I just looked at it again and it really does look like the Spectre now, it's just that Perez has always drawn an ugly ass, 50 year old looking Raven, so that's what I thought he did here, not really a fan of the Perez, but this is better than his older stuff.

2. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
  3. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Is it just me or is did that hole on chest get much bigger.

Anyway looks I'll be buying this and getting the trade for Identity Crisis. Unles i can get all 7 at my local shop (man gonna have too much to buy this Thursday)

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could I get a bit of help here? I'm mainly a Marvel fan who's just starting to get into DC, and I'm thinking of picking up Infinite Crisis (partly out of my new interest in DC, partly to compare with House of M). Will I need to read all the Prelude titles to understand IC? Or will I be okay if I just jump straight into it?

5. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, I wish I could answer that question. I'm one of those losers that looks at DCcomics.com every Monday to look at what Infinite Crisis tie-in titles come out and so far NONE (with the exception of the Sacrifice crossover) are even remotely nessarily. I mean an OMAC appears in a Batgirl title ooohhhhh!!! :( 

I don't know where Dc's going with Day of Vengence, Rann-Thanagar War or Villians United (don't get me started on this one, I had such high hopes this was gonna rock with Luthor and Deathstroke not some no-name losers) so I can't confirm that.

While some of the tie-ins are great reads (Black Vengence) I think the only ones you need to read are Countdown, Prelude to Infinite Crisis, OMAC Project, and the Sacrifice titles.

6. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

You kinda need Under the Hood(Batman) too don't you? And JSA Classified, and Supergirl, I'm not really sure but I thought those were supposed to tie into it, also the Return of Donna Troy.

But yeah, most of the stuff is just hinting at what we already know is going on. Yeah I would say you really just need Countdown, Omac Project, Sacrifice, and Crisis of Conscience, and maybe not even that, you should be able to fill in the holes pretty easy.

7. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I love George Perez's art, he has been one of my favorites since Crisis on Infinite Earths. I'm not even into comics much anymore, and I will be buying that. That man is insane at making group covers. Still gotta get a frame for my Crisis wraparound cover poster.

8. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Most of the stuff being printed now ties in somehow to the Infinite Crisis. Even Flash's Rogues War, which seems to have nothing to do with the Crisis. However, DC has stated a few times that none of that's important. They made sure, as best they can, that everything you need to know about IC is within the pages of IC.

Now, the miniseries stuff is a help to what is going on in IC, of course. They are preludes to it after all. Return of Donna Troy, Rann-Thanagar, even, yes, JSA Classified and Supergirl can be considered part of IC. But none of them are absolutely needed for reading IC, supposedly.

We'll know after we all read the series of course. But I got faith in Geoff Johns that he'll do it pretty well to a self contained story. With nods to old DC fans here and there athat are unimportant to the whole.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. Thanks, guys. :thumbs2: 

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I dont suppose any of you guys would be willing to write up some synopsises (i.e. spoilers) for the Miniserieses would you? I read the first issue of Rann-Thangar but haven't seen it since. I plan on getting these comics, but I'd like to know whats going on with it.

11. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

*Spoilers*

Um in the Return of Donna Troy, Donna Troy returns...pretty much all you need to know.

In "Under the Hood" Jason Todd Returns.

In "Rebirth" Hal Jordan Returns.

In Day on Vengence the Spectre is in love with Eclipso and they're going around trying to kill off all the magic in the universe.

In Villians United Luthor and most of the other villians have banded together to take over the world and mind wipe the JLA, while most of the action is on Catman, who has returned and now he's all buff and badass, he's almost exactly like Batman now, cold and calculating, and he's got his own little band together trying to stop Luthor.

In Omac Project, Max Lord took control of Checkmate by killing everyone else, then he started to take control of Superman's mind and made him damn near kill Batman, so Wonder Woman had to come and break his neck. Now that Max is dead all of the Omac Soldiers that he was controlling are now under the power of Brother Eye, this super computer that Batman created and Max stole, and they're out to destroy the world now...

Um there's a lot of stuff I left out, but there are just so many stories right now, it's hard to keep track.

12. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yep, danno got it all there in a very concise package.

13. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

*Spolier Space Again*

Just wanted to make it clear that Wonder Woman broke Max's neck, not Superman's...kinda had weird wording there.

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Thanks Dano!

15. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

Not a problem. :thumb 

16. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
  17. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits: