Infinite Crises #2 discussion: SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So how about issue #2? Highlights: E2 Superman uses his super hearing and Supergirl and Powergirl have the EXACT same heartbeat. Our Powergirl IS Earth 2 Superman's cousin. One of the Lex Luthors (battlesuit green eyes) is losing his mind. Nice recap of the original Crises. Earth 2 Lois is dying. Booster Gold returns from the future with info to fight the Crises. Joker is pretty pissed about being snubbed by the Secret Society so he kills the Royal Flush Gang, and he thinks, "that's not funny." Powergirl, upon touching E2 Lois' hand, regains ALL her memories (Awesome moment). E2 Superman is pretty disgusted at what Earth 1 as a whole has become and it appears that E2 Superman wants to bring back the RIGHT Earth. (Earth 2?) Awesome issue, discuss!

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Crisis has me by the balls. And I like it.

3. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This confused me. Where did he go before?

4. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Recall him in Hell with Blue Beetle working at the McDonalds down there. (no really this was in the JLA Classified book.) Though in the preview I thought we saw Animal Man getting back to the suit. Well I gotta pick this up on Friday with some other books in my pull.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Towards the end of OMAC Project he got disappointed with himself for not remembering any of the world's history and went back home to the future. Looks like he went on a learning spree and came back to help with the Crisis.

Another stellar issue, all around. Jimenez's art is fantastic The scene with the Joker taking out the Royal Flush Gang was great, it's about time he showed up. The devastation of Themyscira was really well done, too. Can't wait to see how that fight turns out next month.

The star of the issue was Power Girl, no contest. It picked up right where JSA Classified left off and finished her origin story by letting her regain her memories from Earth-2. My favorite page of the entire issue was the page where Power Girl remembers who she was and finally gets to be happy. Beautiful.

The ending was a real kicker. Golden Age Superman comes back and we all expected him to do something to inspire the heroes to be less dark. Instead it looks like he's going to try and reset the whole damn world. :eek:  I did not see that one coming.

I love how IC keeps surprising me and I cannot wait until the next issue comes out.

Just don't kill Power Girl, DC. Please. :( 

6. green_machine

green_machine cezium salami!!!!

very good issue, its good to see that booster got his skeets skeets skeets back... hehe... and for the record... bruce wayne is the biggest jerk EVER! I love it! cant wait, I need more CRISIS!!! and also, just my personal opinion... I dont want the whole freakin universe reset....

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I got this yesterday. Amazing book. I can't wait to see what happens next month.

8. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah that's right. The impression # 2 gave me was that this was BG's first time in our present.

Now with Power Girl and Supergirl....

When was PG's first appearance? Was it in the Golden Age? Plus wasn't the Supergirl that died in the original Crisis the silver age Supergirl from Earth 1 and yet the new Supergirl is one as well?

Also with the Luthor's, has it been revealed if one is like from Earth 1 and one from Earth 2 or is one just a clone?

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I finally read it today and loved it. The only problem I have is that I am not all-knowing on anything DC history related. I know bits and pieces but not enough to stand on. This issue filled in EVERYTHING. It was a great read for those of us post-Crisis.

10. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Power Girl first appeared in All-Star Squadron #58, part of the new junior team of JSA members (basically Peegee, Star-Spangled Kid, and Golden Age Robin).

And yeah, the original Silver Age Supergirl died in the Crisis. The new Supergirl is effectively the post-Crisis version of the original, but she isn't the same one who died in the Crisis. Pre-Crisis Supergirl was erased from existence.

Not yet, no.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, this is seriously kickass stuff.

But...I have BARELY read ANY DC comic, otherwise, and most of them were Elseworlds.

What should I read to supplement Infinite Crisis? Even recent stuff. Tell me, so I may leaaaarn.

12. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

Omac Project and Day of vengeance are out in very nice TP editions, the Omac project contains the very awesome and ass kicking xcountdown to infinite crisis.

Those will catch you up to speed fast, as will the Identity crisis Hardcover which really should be read first, but don't need to be, but honestly you'd be shorting yourself one of the best stories to come along in a very long time.

13. Wreckgar

Also check out the recent issues of JLA and the Superman/Wonder Woman story called "Sacrifice".

14. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Most important things to read to really get Infinite Crisis:

-Countdown to IC
    -The four Countdown miniseries: OMAC Project, Day of Vengeance, Villains United, and Rann-Thanagar Snore, er... War.
    -Sacrifice (Superman 219, Action Comics 829, Adventures of Superman 642, and Wonder Woman 219): big, very important tie-in to OMAC Project.
    -JSA Classified 1-4
    -DC Special: The Return of Donna Troy 1-4

Optional readings include Crisis on Infinite Earths and Identity Crisis, as both stories (especialy the former) contribute a lot to where IC is coming from.

That's what I've read and I'm having no trouble following IC, even as a newbie to DC Comics.

15. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

Sacrifice is included in the OMAC project, actually just part 4, but it gives a run down of the other three issues on that arc, however there is a rade coming out of that series too if you really want more depth on what happened to supes during that time.

16. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

There's a really good in depth guide to the original Crisis on Infinate Earths here, which I think will help a lot if you're not too familiar with the DC Universe.

Phazer

17. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Some fans over at the DC message board have a mixed reaction to the whole thing.
    I find the IC book very intriguing.

18. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I totally love where this series is heading. 2 comics in and its awesome. But they still don't explain why Power Girl has huge -uh- boots!! hehe I guess in Earth 2 everything is big lol. Can't wait for issue #3. :) 

19. Wreckgar

Well they never actually question the size in the comics. They just occasionally reference them.

But you do know the real reason they are huge right?

20. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something to do with Kryptonians beging able to defy Earths gravity? :p