Infinate Crisis #5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Mar 2, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Daaaaaaamn! Alex is fucking insane! Superboy Prime looks like he's ready to kick some ass hardcore. And...anyone else notice the Flash that returned...is...Barry! Check the belt. That's not the Wally belt. Also the brown eyes are a dead giveaway.

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I thought it was Barry! Just the comment I'm back made me think could it be...Barry!?

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    He also has the little wings on his boots and earpieces. I couldn't make out his eye color through the yellow energy, though. If it is Barry (which I'm sure it is), the eyes should be blue, not brown.

Another great issue. Not as many "HOLY @#^*%!!!" moments as some of the others (I'm thinking 1 and 4 especially here), but it was still fantastic. Loved the Action Comics #1 cover homage in the Supermen fight. The scene of Nightwing alone in the Titans Tower was also really nice.

I'm really hoping Power Girl gets off that machine and kicks some ass by the end. I don't like having one of my favorite characters spending the bulk of the crossover as a decorative wall-hanging. :( 

4. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Not as good as 4, but some nice moments. Love the little tidbit about Earth 8 and that, should it have continued to exist past the original Crisis, would have been home to Kyle Rayner (Green Lantern/Ion), Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) and Jason Rusch (Firestorm).

Not sure I'm happy about Nightwing and Superboy going to the North Pole Fortress alone... these two are the future of the DCU and a lot rests on their shoulders and I can't be sure if these two make it though unscathed.

5. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

How about a full rundown please...

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great issue...when The Flash said "he's back...him!" I mouth to myself "holy &$%#!" before I turned to the last page. I expect SERIOUS carnage to come next issue. :( 

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Same here, I read the "he's back...him!" line to be a double meaning of Superboy Prime, but also the anti-monitor. #6 should be a damn good issue before the conclusion in #7.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    when is ish 6 coming out? i didnt even notice it was barry who was back...and the shots of the worlds all colliding was pretty cool, i just wish they had had an artist draw earth, they look too real (compared to the explosions and cracking around them)to fit into the actual picture right....i did love the square earth though, thats pretty cool....and sup's prime is gonna go nutty...but i hope they explain how he's got the armor on him now...cuz he didnt leave like that...cant wait for the next issue though...

9. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Earth-1 Supes: "If you're from this Earth, it can't be perfect. Because a perfect Earth doesn't need a Superman."

Alex Luthor (on the very next page): "I need thousands and thousands of worlds. Worlds I can sift through like sand, one grain at a time, combining and mixing until I find it. Until I find the perfect Earth."

I'll take "things that are not a coincidence" for $1000, Alex.

Since superheroes (and humans) still exist post-IC, one assumes that Alex fails. Maybe.

-XCN-

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    or he just leaves the worlds open....but whats up with no people on earth 2?

11. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I was wondering where the Earth 2 people went myself unless it was only supposed to house the remaining survivors of Earth 2 from Crisis. Guess we will find out.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's currently scheduled for March 29th, although if issue 5 is any indication that's subject to change. The OMAC special is scheduled for the 22nd.

13. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

My guess for the lack of people on Earth 2...

CoIE had several Earth's all combined into just the one Earth of the DC universe right? Well the populations of all of those Earth's couldn't all exist on just one Earth right? There wouldn't be enough room for all of them on just one Earth. Only a few people from each of the separate Earths must have been selected to become part of one combine Earth's population. Those not selected thus no longer existed. So as Alex Luthor is pulling the Earth's apart again, he isn't brining anyone back into existence. He's just seperating the Earth's and who ever came from them.

14. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Ah....good eye. This takes the cake in terms of a Luthor attempt to get rid of Superman.

Anyway, I agree - this issue wasn't as good as #4, but I REALLY think that #6 will be Earth-shattering (no pun intended). The Bat-team taking down Brother Eye, Superboy and Nightwing going to take down Alex, while Alex tries to create the perfect Earth.

Really, really good so far.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I suppose the most meaningful thing I have to say about this series is the pacing. Too much happens in too few pages. Important, meaningful events happen in a few panels. Things have a "wtf? that came out of the blue!" feeling. I'm very aware that some of these events are explained in other books, but this is pretty obvious milking of a storyline, and ANY storyline should be able to be understood if you read solely the issues that are allegedly supposed to tell the story in the first place.

I don't think the IC series will necessarily benefit from being longer (EG, more issues), but I think each issue could benefit from being 10 pages longer. I honestly feel very little suspense at anything right now, because the entire series feels like a musical montage, or a trailer, or even Cliffs Notes of some more-dramatic series.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

Very well put, I feel pretty much the same way. And the pacing can be downright atrocious.

17. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Hope so. Just picked up all five issues (NM) with Jim Lee covers for $19.99. Look forward to the read.

18. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I find the story is starting to lag and pick up at the same time; if that makes sense. After five issues, I'm still like, ok, lots of cool moments but it's too rushed to matter. Every five pages something happens, taking away from what just happened. I think this should have been a 12 issue maxi series, and the OYL jump at the end. What I'm enjoying the most is the well placed tie-ins. Teen Titans, Outsiders, Robin and Nightwing have been great to get 'the rest of the story' moments. But I there was a better checklist or something. I watch Firestorm die in 4, and be alive in 5. WTF? Now I gotta track down back issues of Firestorm.

19. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Bingo. It's basically the anti-House of M: so much crap is happening, 7 issues doesn't cut it. But 12 would probably be too much -- maybe 9? There needs to be just enough room to build up and react to the events, instead of just having them pop out of the blue.

(Hell, one of the big events -- the creation of Ion, isn't even IN IC proper.)

-XCN-

20. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I was liking it at first, but im totally hating it now. Im trying not to bitch to much though. cause i dont want to sound like those silly silver age fans.