Infestation Discussion Spoilers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by shadowsfm, Feb 24, 2011.

1. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    finished reading star trek. it was good, like how a star trek story should be written. it was funny seeing britt in a 1960's starfleet uniform. must be an easter egg, but robert durant is a character from darkman. too bad the only enterprise picture is on the cover.

2. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    just read G.I.Joe. i'm no fan of the franchise. it starts off slow. i wasn't sure if i was going to finish the issue, but a few things held my interest, like baranos, a low tech sailing trip, and a smooth interrogator. things started getting interesting when a briefcase was opened reveling a severed cyborg arm. and after that, everything slowly goes out of control.

the slow build up really helped make the end suspenseful. this is the only infestation issue so far that i felt a shiver down my spine. there is a lady in the issue that reminds me of marvel's circuit breaker. britt is a no show so far.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

britt is a major bitch from hell if IMHO
    i am so glad kup managed to whip her bitchass good sending her and her kind to the very beginning of the dead universe for all eternity

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just read TF Infestation #1. I haven't read the others, but I get the jist of the story. My question is, do we have to read all of the crossovers, or is each universe self-contained?

5. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    each is self contained, and transformers issue one was the worst of the lot. the second is better

6. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is it canon? Having just read number 2, will the events in it effect the main comic?

7. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is an argument about that on another thread. Some of us heard canon, and some heard non-canon. The point is, how will they explain Kup one way or the other at this point, especially since these events tie into the new mini "Heart of Darkness" which IS canon I believe

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's IDW - if anything from a previous story causes them problems they'll just pretend it never happened.

9. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    LOL that's true.

10. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    finished g i joe and ghostbusters. g i joe was good, i would say part one was better, but the action was good. oddly enough, britt never shows up.

as for ghostbuster, it was awesome. the characters were so well in character and they are so funny. even Genine was good. and how can you resist stay puff vs zombie stay puff. and britt lingers in the shadows, but her story wasn't resolved.

i would say that transformers was the worst out of the 4 stories. partly because it feels rushed and bogged down by flashbacks. g i joe was good. but ghostbusters and star trek was very well done. the pacing didn't feel too fast and didn't feel like it had holes. they felt like the universe was just right for a star trek/ghostbuster story. and the characters act like you would expect them to.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    We were told the final issue would be an actual crossover, right? Well, I just read it, and there is no crossover. It just focuses on the "CVO" characters from the first issue that we never cared about in the first place. Letdown imo.