Infestation 2 Transformers #2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. courtdevil

courtdevil Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A reboot of Hearts of Steel. Awesome!

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

is that actually kthulu?

it looks like the guy totally posessed megatrons body as its own

awesome fusion of the two beings just from the looks alone

i wonder how much if any of megatrons memories, personality, lifespark drive, ambition if any exist in this kthulutron being

4. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

The conclusion for that review is pretty much as I expected, but I'm still really looking forward to getting this issue tomorrow.

Are you referring to the Transformer/Elder God hybrid on the cover attacking Bumblebee? If so, that's likely Ironhide (as indicated by the first issue). And Bonecrusher also stated that Megatron is still in stasis.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

nope nuh uh this is the picture i was referring to

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers...s-infestation-2-issue-2-page-5_1329194150.jpg

totally has a kind of rusted oversort of psuedo movieverse megatron to it in its over all look with that elder god whatever it is that completely covered it body wise

i figure if kthulu is going to take over full c0ontrol and posess a transformer body for itself its gonna go gunning for the biggest and baddest one there is in the sea

and thatsa megatron

got to be

or rather perhaps i should say kthulutron lol

6. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I suppose it could be Megatron - in the original HoS mini-series, I don't think we ever got a look at his "Ice Age Wars" body. Although, another theory could be that it's something the Elder Gods are doing with one or all of the Seacons. We'll just have to wait and see.

(If it is Cthulhu, though, it's kind of strange for that thing not to have tentacles around its mouth.)

7. garinhash

garinhash Well-Known Member

really? I dont think that was megatron, i thought it was just the god/leader of the ancient aquatic race.
    did it say somewhere that it was megs? if it did I missed that part..

8. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

This discussion is seriously going on? It's not Megatron. Megatron isn't involved. It's the Elder Gods of Lovecraftian origins. NOT Megatron.

Based on the cover with Optimus facing off against the creature, it appears the tentacles come out of his mouth rather than sit on his face. Interesting take on the creature if you ask me

9. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see Megatron in that at all.

I really liked the first Infestation, but this one not so much. Still love the art though, and it's always cool seeing new bots in this style.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wow, I expected that fight with the Elder God to be an anti-climax, but it was even worse then I expected. :lol 

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optimus shows how pathetic these elder god type creatures are. Only wish it had been Cthulhu since its the one always talked about. "Give me you face"

12. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

Bring HoS back with a bang! Cthulu powered PIRANACON!!!

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, that was all a bit flat. It really didn't engage me at all.

14. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you read H.P. Lovecraft?- personally i felt the tone of the comic was very much in character with the genre. Lovecraft was very heavy handed writer, and too often recycled the same syntax and plot developments- terms like "unspeakable horror" are reused, even on the same page (and usually with some declaration that even whispering their names would drive a mortal mind insane).

So while the comic is brisk and even jarring at times, it's only two issues long and it is meant to emulate the original Lovecraft novels, which are like b-movie scripts in the first place.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering I didn't even read the other non-TF Infestation titles that are in this series there was little likelihood of me reading even further outside of that to understand the story.
    I'm not fond of having to search out other material from outside the franchise to 'get' what's going on properly.

But even then I doubt I'd have felt much different. It failed mostly for me because it was 'Set up, set up, set up, seeeeeetttt uuuuupppp, wandering about, waaaaannnnderrrrriiiing abooouuuuut... Monster!!! Optimus!!! End'. Even though it was only two issues it didn't feel like it was getting to any point and then suddenly there's a big monster and then there's Optimus and a couple of pages later it's done.

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Yeah, didn't like this. Glad I only paid $1.99 for it on Comixology.