Heavy/Scratch: Inferno/Grapple: Masterpiece Upgrades

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Wheel_Jack, May 13, 2012.

1. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    PROJECT CANCELLED.
    UPDARED POST #341
    UPDARED POST #264
    UPDARED POST #224
    UPDATED POST #170
    UPDATED POST #154
    UPDATE POST #148
    UPDATED POST #130
    UPDATED POST #102
    UPDATED POST #61

I want to preface this by saying that MAIDENJAPAN is currently working on an awesome Inferno Head Guard Add-on.
    If you're looking for something that will make your inferno more g1 looking and keep him in your classics line, you should go with his product. I started mapping out my upgrade in March and is still long from being complete. I just want to be clear that I totally respect MAIDENJAPAN and I'm not by any means trying to snake any of his business. PLEASE consider his product before mine. I've already PM'd him to let him know.

Now what I'm aiming to do with my upgrade kit is to add more height to the bot mode, length to the alt mode and a more "MP" feel to the figure. This will require you to remove some screws and screw in my new components. If you know how to use a screwdriver and have taken a figure apart, you're qualified. It will include a ladder, articulated hand with a gun, extinguisher attachment for one of his wrists, new waist, new legs, new knees, a hood for his head. It will be completely transformable with no parts forming. Grapples components will differ slightly to the inferno mold and I'll start working on those when this one's complete.
    This thread will act as the WIP until if/when these products may/may not be available. Cost, Sales, Pre-orders will be discussed in a different thread as per TFW's policies and will be available when i know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've still got a lot more to do and clean up, but if you're interested please stay tuned.
    Thanks for looking guys.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Man thats awesome!!

3. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes! I always thought classics inferno and grapple were a bit on the stumpy side. This makes them look better.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Wow that's some great work, how much height will it add?

But I think the gun back half could be a little bigger. But your overall design and compatibility is astounding

5. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Hear hear. I'm subscribing now to see how this shakes out.

6. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

Just ordered maidens kit...can't wait for this.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

That's INSANE dude... you're actually doing it! Glad to see this one making it into the realm of physical objects! :D 

The bot mode looks fantastic... I love the way you've extended his proportions to better represent the G1 style, but without making his arms look too short. I can't wait to see how you break it all down with the transformation and stuff.

Also, I'm curious about materials. Any idea what the final product is going to be made out of?

zmog

8. SMOG

Oh, just thought of something...

Since the waist now rotates (from the looks of it), what about the idea of swapping his lower legs, so that the wheels face out in robot mode? With waist articulation, that should be possible to integrate into the transformation.

I just find that his normal outer legs are a bit dull, especially with the pegs and open screw holes, but if they were wheels-out, they would look more like the G1 original style. Which I think you tend to favour. ;) 

zmog

9. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    hey guys,
    thanks for the comments.

M-31 - Height-wise he'll be about as tall as MP starscream maybe a tad taller once his hood is in place. As for the gun, I agree, it looks small compared to the entire figure. I'll address that once I work on the second phase of components.

SMOG, thanks, not sure what the final parts will be made of. Still pricing stuff out. I know it won't be a shapeways thing cuz it'll be way more expensive than I would pay. I want it to be as affordable as possible without compromising quality. In the end, it may come down to how many folks are interested-to-quantity discount breakdowns.
    The waist may or maynot swivel. I'm trying to make this easy to add to the figure and that might complicate things. if I do decide on allowing rotation it won't be a full 360...and to top it off the way the feet are connected to the legs limits their "flat foot" pose in the other direction. You got me pretty excited there for a second. :) 

thanks again fellas.

10. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

Oh my.

11. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

This is going to be epic!! A must have for anyone that collects tf's. Inferno and Grapple will look even better after these come out, if able. Staying tuned.

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting... Looks nice.

13. SMOG

Wow, that's HUGE... I didn't realize he was gaining that much height... ha!

Plus Shapeways would be either too soft or too brittle, right? I'm definitely interested in at least ONE of these sets, though of course price is always a factor. I hope you get enough buzz on this to drive the cost of Inferno/Grapple figures up (since I already have both haha!). ;) 

Oh, man... the ankles only tilt one direction? I hadn't noticed that. I guess I'm curious how the hips are going to attach... it looked like a full rotation would be possible, but of course the extra jointing would also drive the cost up, I guess.

zmog

14. SMOG

Also, just a thought. In terms of mapping out cost/value... would it make sense to allow a connection point for a ladder, but not bother including one? I'm just thinking that there are so many cheap, fully functional toy firetruck ladder options out there that could be cannibalized... is it cost-conscious to devote so much plastic and effort to designing a ladder? Maybe you could design it to incorporate a ladder from some easily obtained toy... that way people would have the choice, but it would keep the overall kit cost lower. Or maybe I'm just being to conservative... ?

zmog

15. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Oh I LOVE this!

Definitely following this thread!

In terms of the kit and trying to find the best cost-benefit equation, feel free to drop me a PM, I might have a solution for you :) 

D/L

16. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Color me interested!

17. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And the master re-appears!!!

Glad I didn't sell mine!! I gotta get this set!!

18. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Sign me up for three :) 

19. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Humm... why not make the side skirts part of the upper hip? Perhaps as a snap on piece that goes over the actual hip part.

It would give you a very wide range of articulation without sacrificing the look. Plus the hips would not have to hang down so low so that they have to clear the crotch armor.

20. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    More MP size goodness...I'm running out of shelf space.