Indiana Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by another, Jan 6, 2003.

1. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping trypticon ends up showing up at ollies like fort max did last year.

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I was hoping to find twin twist. Alas...

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Looks like Ollie's in Lafayette is getting the same batch of Deluxes that the rest are getting. I wouldn't rule out Twin Twist's wave, though, as there was a significant gap in time before the Arcee wave hit Ollie's. We're also overlooking TJMaxx et al.

And yes, I'm fully expecting to see some clearance Trypticons.

4. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 Skull Leader

Has anyone had any luck finding Slugslinger at Ross?

5. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Avon Super Walmart
    Studio Series: 2x Stinger, 2x Bumblebee, 2x Crowbar, 2x Ratchet
    Still some wave 2 PotP Legends

6. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 Skull Leader

Were these at regular price or on discount?

7. Esquilax79

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Regular

8. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Merrillville TRU had like 7 studio series Thundercrackers

9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I found one at a Ross in Tennessee last Monday, if that makes you feel any better...

• Like Like x 1
  10. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

Found the Studio Series Leaders at Greenwood Target

11. Lorrid Maester

Lorrid Maester Well-Known Member

Man that trypticon is going to have me looking at Ollies real hard again, But I've never had any luck at tjmaxx or Ross, are those two reliable in Indiana for having TF stuff?

12. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

That Trypticon thing at Ollie's is probably another hoax.

13. Lorrid Maester

Lorrid Maester Well-Known Member

Who knows, TRU is closing, for all we know Ollies got all their trypticons and they have so many it's costing them a mint to keep them in storage.
    Of course that's being blindly optimistic because I really doubt it on sale for less than a deluxe.

14. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

TRU has not liquidated yet so there's no way Ollie's has their stock. It's one dude in Florida making the claim and hundreds of people have checked their local Ollie's many have taken the receipt number in and it doesn't match. Dude's lying his ass off.

15. autumnsdescent

autumnsdescent Gridcon - Double Agent

News Credits:
    There are 2 Ollie's in my city: one on the North side of town, and one on the South. I live on the East side, a 30 to 40 minute drive to either store. So I called both stores last year and the manager at each confirmed that Fort Max was there and was only $50. Neither store would hold one back. By the time I got to one store and then the other, they were sold out. I expect the same thing will happen with Trypticon if he goes to Ollie's.

Fortunately, I did find a Fort Max at TRU (but paid full price).
    There are 2 TRU stores in my town.
    I have seen Trypticon at TRU only once.

We have 2 Think Geek stores as well. Both have had Trypticon in stock for about 9 months now. I bought one at Think Geek the first week he was out. I have yet to open it because 1) I'm dreading that I likely will have to do the leg / hip issue that plagues this version of the character, and 2) I have no where to display it at the moment.

Changing gears... My 8 year old son graduated from one-step TFs to the regular toys this year. He is so proud of himself that he can follow the directions and do a 25 or 35 step figure. I bought the POTP Optimus and my son took it over immediately. He's transformed it so many times the joints are all loose. I may have to purchase another one just for my displaying purposes. I'm very impressed with this version of Prime. Aside from my Masterpiece Prime, this one has the best likeness and articulation to the G1 character that I've ever seen.

It's been a while since I posted here. So quick update:
    * About a month ago, I found Elita 1 at the Carmel, IN Walmart and bought her immediately. Bulky, but great figure. Hun-Grr was there too but I passed at the moment, expecting to find him in abundance later. Saw him only one other time at the Target in Fishers. Even though money was tight at the time, I wish I had picked him up.

* Found the POTP wave with Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, and Darkwing 3 times in the past month. Picked up the dinos for my son who built Volcanus. The wave has since disappeared from shelves quickly and replaced with more of wave 1 *eye roll*

* Due to "5th Wave Syndrome," I never saw Twin Twist at retail. He's going for $49.77 on Amazon right now. I'm really hoping he shows up at Marshalls, TJ Maxx / Home Goods, or Ross. Do me a solid and let me know if anyone spots him.

* Love what I have seen of the new Masterpiece Megatron. I'm saving up for that bad boy. Anyone on this board already have him and can give a review?

* Target in Fishers had Leader Class Studio Series tonight (Grimlock x 2)

* Target at E. Washington Street had Leader Class Studio Series yesterday (Grimlock x 1, Blackout x 1)

What is everyone looking for right now? I scout around Indianapolis all the time. I'll keep a lookout and post if I find something you're after.

16. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do not have the official masterpiece megatron s I can't comment on if he is worth the price, but I do have the infinite transformation version which is a ko masterpiece megatron that I feel is definately worth the price I paid. There are other options that are lower in price than what the official sells for but that depends on if you are comfortable buying ko products. But that is a whole other show.

17. Shade 20x6

Shade 20x6 Nemesis Prime

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Megs is worth every penny. One of the best TFs ever produced.

18. requiem801

requiem801 Masterpiece Nutjob

I have him, and he is amazing! Better than the official, in my opinion.

19. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too!

Cumberland Meijer had PotP Rippersnapper wave, but only one Rippersnapper was left; Snarl, Sludge, and Darkwing were nowhere to be found.
    If anyone's on the fence about this figure...GET IT. If the rest of the Terrorcons are half as good as RS I'll be a happy geek.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Esquilax79

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll keep an eye out for Twin Twist (I normally ignore Titans Returns). It's generally (not currently) going for $25-$30 with shipping on eBay (still kinda high for a recent deluxe) .. almost better getting the Takara Legends version if you're paying that much.

Also the fixes for Trypticon aren't that bad if his legs are too tight. But like you, mine is still in box because no where else to put it right now.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018