Indiana Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by another, Jan 6, 2003.

1. DaftRobo

DaftRobo Plastic Surgeon

I called Saturday and the said they were out. Damn can't make it there until the weekend.

2. hutch_pt

hutch_pt Sentient Being

Gah, I was at the BG ollie's 2x this weekend, and no luck...

Dont really need one, but was tempted to out one back for a birthday present or back up if my 6 year old were to break his...

Oh well.

3. Pipo

Pipo New Member

My dad was in Carmel for a trial so he picked up a Fort Max for me at Ollie's. He sent me a pic, I'm pretty stoked

4. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Quake, Krok, Perceptor at Columbus Target. Somebody already snagged Topspin.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

And I just found out that someone bought all 5 Fort Maxes from Ollie's in Lafayette at the same time. All 5. So to the member that claimed there are no scalpers in the Lafayette area, exhibit A.

6. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

Wow that's just wrong. I stopped TF hunting in Lafayette for that main reason. It's a ass move to do. No respect for other people. And kids, they don't get that TF they really like. That city is very odd anyway. I stay away. Plus found way better places to buy from. Most don't care!

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, I know 2 people that got them before that happened so as in all things, the early bird gets the worm. Had I gotten there in time I would have bought 3 with a purpose for each one.

8. G1Prowl

I don't mind the whole "early bird" concept, Aaron, it's the fact that the more well-known resellers in the area have contacts at the local chains and get to the cases before they can even hit the shelves. The only solace is that they use their stock as returns to continue to feed their supply, which means our area operates about 2-3 months behind everyone else. I've had enough QC issues with ordered bots that I like to see mine in person before I buy. With certain people in the area, that is getting... challenging to do. And yes, I have friends that I buy for, and vice versa, so I won't bemoan that, but knowing that things are gone before they hit the shelves is past ridiculous. I have to wonder if they actually make money off that anyway, since all it takes is patience to beat them at their own game.

9. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

As far as the scalper discussion goes -- if they're truly buying up all retail stock from an area, there has to be somewhere that they're actually reselling all of this product. A quick search on eBay for Titans Return stuff within a 50 mile radius of Lafayette shows only Kokomo Toys (and one other guy selling a Fort Max, with no other Transformers in his other listings), and I imagine they get their new product through a distributor. Craigslist doesn't really return much of anything either.

So if they're not selling online, my questions would be: Is Lafayette that full of resale toy shops? Are flea markets flooded with overpriced, carded Transformers? I'm genuinely curious here -- it would lend a lot of credence to the "scalper" theory if you could give evidence of where all these toys from Lafayette are being resold.

And since this is the Sightings thread, I don't want to derail too much, so I've noticed a lot of the Indianapolis area Meijer stores are putting the Titans Return voyager- and leader-class figures on clearance. I saw Soundwave and PM Optimus Prime on clearance at the Franklin Meijer for around $30.

• Like Like x 1
  10. G1Prowl

Damn, time to check my area Meijers

11. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Evansville west walmart has several at least 4 each of brawn, bee, and chase located on an island display with some tf5 movie toys.

12. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Avon Super Target
    (on a TF5 endcap) 2x Topspin, 2x Kup, 1x Perceptor, 1x Krok didn't see Quake but also wasn't specifically looking for him so he might be there.
    1x Cosmos and 1x Groove in the regular area. Lotsa Voyagers plus Galvatron and Motormaster.

Avon Super Walmart - still no Voyagers or Leaders. Lotsa Brawn, Bumblebee, Chase

13. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

Fishers Target has a full set of Kup, Quake, Topspin, Perceptor, and Krok, and, for the first time I have seen at a Target store, Sky Shadow.

14. jmhelfrich

jmhelfrich Active Member

Anyone seen octane or blitzwing recently?

15. Esquilax79

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't and have been looking. They're on TFSource.com (says August). Haven't seen any new listings on ebay or amazon... since the initial flood. I've been wondering if their random release was a fluke or production was halted to make room for movie stuff.

16. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

I haven't seen them in a four county wide search. Broadside 2-5 per store. They will be out in time crossing my fingers. Most likely it will be a online buy. BBTS

• Like Like x 1
  17. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Southport Target had the same lineup today, along with a voyager Optimus (the G2 version?).

18. G1Prowl

Saw them in Lafayette Target about a month or so ago.

19. Esquilax79

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS has them now (ETA July). Preordered.
    BBTS - Titans Return

Carmel Super Target (Michigan Road)
    1x Quake, 2x Perceptor, 2x Kup, 2x Topspin, 1x Krok

• Like Like x 1
  20. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Member

So, did anyone ever see a Sixshot in the wild? It looks like I'll have to go online for it now, but I looked everywhere in stores for a couple months. Weird.