Indiana Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by another, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

$70

2. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

:horse: Lafayette is a suck %&$ city to hunt TF's.
    Instore scalpers!
    O did I say u wont find a TF in lafayette. TRU is possible but u have the TRU PRICE...

3. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

Same here never seen most off C/W or T/R's
    Its the scalpers!

4. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

Avon sounds great for TF collectors!

5. jmhelfrich

jmhelfrich Member

Now wave 2 is everywhere. I'm ready for Sixshot and wave 3.

6. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's hit or miss but it's been decent with Titans Return though :)  Unfortunately there isn't a TRU on the west side of Indy. It closed years ago (not that it ever had new TFs). :(  Luckily I work within 5 minutes of a Super Target and Super Walmart so they get checked a bit :) 

7. Esquilax79

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

I picked up a Star Wars Black Shore trooper from the St John target the other day. It was the only new thing I saw save for some voyager alpha trions, but I think people will want to be on the lookout for more of these buggers!

9. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Fort Max called shotgun...

Space Choo Choo x2 and A3 x2 at Greenfield Walmart, along with some Deluxe w2 (Mindwipe seems to be pegwarming, while Highbrow seems the most popular)

10. Esquilax79

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Avon Super Target - Today is the last day of storewide 15% off (huge list of exceptions)
    1x Mindwipe, 1x Chromedome, 1x Weirdwolf
    1x Alpha Trion, 1x Blaster No Highbrow

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Lafayette doesn't have a scalper problem. It has a little big town problem. We're large enough to have the big box stores and a TRU, but small enough that we don't get a massive amount of turn over. Your best bet is to get a routine going and regularly hit all of the stores. I have seen all of of Combiner Wars at retail, but in come cases a month or two after BBTS gets it. I've seen all of Combiner Wars at retail. The only thing I haven't come across are the cheap CW sets at TJ Maxx.

12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I agree and disagree. I've seen resellers/scalpers buying hordes of stuff at the stores, but I've also seen waves hit early and not get touched. Usually if a line is JUST starting, the cases get picked off when they hit, and show up as returns when the next wave cases show up. So yeah, if you DON'T find something when it's first hitting shelves everywhere, be patient enough to swing back around a month or two later. I picked up Brainstorm because of diligence, that's all you need.

13. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Target on 26 has a set of wave 2 deluxes and a single wave 3 titanmaster. I got the titanmaster.

I don't know that I've seen a rash of returns. I think what happens is that all of us fans go and buy a set for ourselves and maybe a set for a friend, then that's the case gone and maybe it was the only case that the store got. Then a later wave case comes through but the empty store state generated another automatic order that then gets fulfilled but with a earlier wave. By the time that one comes in you get someone that buys a singular item that they want, or Lawd forbid goes to a kid.

I just know that there are enough collectors/fans in town in comparison to the number of stores that we can cause pogo oscillations in ordering with rush demand then lax follow up. Attributing you missing a toy to scalpers when it might as well have been me buying a set for myself and another for my brother is just working yourself up at a non-existent monster.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

If I didn't personally know at least two scalpers and have the unfortunate pleasure of having been pulled into dealings with a certain banned member I'd say you were right, but I've seen them personally. I had one of them tell me there wasn't any new figs in the store, go get a different employee who walked out with the most current wave in an unopened case. It does happen. Not on a massively large scale, but it does happen. Happily I think they are losing enough money on it that they are leaving the game.

15. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I left one of each of the Wave 3 Titan Masters at the Kokomo Target earlier tonight.

Fangry and Sawback are fantastic for their size.

16. scrumblebee

scrumblebee Decepticon airplane guy

Twitter:
    Columbus Walmart has a lot of Astrotrains and Alpha Trions, as well as some Galvatrons. There are 2 chromedomes, a highbrow, and some RID Warriors. There is a Blaster, and 2 shelfwarming Armada Megatrons.