Incompetence

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i don't mean to sound arrogant but has anyone else noticed a lack of skill in the FOC community? yes there are a few out there with a lot of skill but most of the people i play with suck and my team always ends up losing and i do all the work and don't get a shred of help. a team is only as strong as its weakest link and i tend to get stuck with all the weak links. i also end up going against all the good people in the community. anyone else have this problem?

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    No.
    I say that because my team is always slaughtered.
    That means they are mediocre, not incompetent, otherwise we would be tied since my teammates are also always morons.

3. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Onslaught I could never agree with you more at this moment.

For myself, It's a 1 out of every 15 or so matches when i get my ass handed to me again.

I don't even understand.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everyone can't be gaming experience, you know?

I think a lack of skill and/or understanding for FOC and WFC is HMS' fault, honestly speaking. Aside from the core game, which has a tutorial this time around, the MP side of things barely tell you what to do or how to play (in the game itself or manual).

HMS said they wanted to grow the brand and improve gaming. They still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully this issue, which should be an easy fix, will be resolved by the time their third game hits.

5. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Active Member

I don't know, it's been pretty random to me. I had games when I could barely get a kill and next game I finish first of my team or in overall top 3. I had very close games as much as games where my team is dominating or getting slaughtered. It just depends who's on your team and who you're facing.

No reason to get angry over it. Like every game, there is as much hardcore gamers that are just too good as people that just plain suck.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans.../650226-bad-players-why-i-miss-pc-gaming.html

:lol 

Though I'm not as mad about lack of skill as I am mad about lack of effort. I played with Transtrekkie on this very board and a Portland, OR local Wraith Prime, and they aren't the best players and they admit, but they try really hard, and even though we don't always win, they're always trying to cap points. Their scores are mostly in the negative K-Ds, but you know what, that doesn't matter because they try, and the more they try the better they will get.

That's effort right there, and that's what I admire. They're not as good as many people out there but they will try their damnest to win. Gaming communities could be more like that. It isn't always about skill...but it's almost always about effort put into a game.

7. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

Luckily we have each other bby. Haha, oh goodness!

8. Driftveil

I only lose when I'm wiiitthhoouut yooouu

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You have to remember though that not everyone is spending their free time playing FOC and leveling up and being a "pro" gamer.
    Do you expect everyone to be perfect and hardcore gamers that devote themselves to videogwme and never die?

10. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

Yeah, which is pretty much almost every weekend, girlfriends suck.

11. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Then you are the incompetent one, Onslaught. A really good player can support an entire team.

12. Driftveil

hue

13. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

My brothers, where have you been? I always go positive on the kill/ death ratio, and have a high number of flag returns, but can't win for losing. I'm playing a lot of CTF lately, hoping I can get that 3 caps achievement (which will never happen, seeing as I'm usually the only one who realizes that hangingout in the muddle of any map rarely gets caps or stops flag-snag attempts ("flag-snag" sounds really dirty), and end up waiting in the base, solo.

14. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Not really - I've played in multiple Conquest matches where I've been either Destroyer or Infiltrator, and been able to hold a node against 3 or sometimes even 4 opponents - most of the enemy team in other words, for around 15 seconds before they overwhelm and kill me. When I respawn however, not only have my team mates failed to capture a single, solitary node during this lengthy diversion, the enemy nodes arn't even blinking - thats the kind of utter incompetance I encounter online far too often.

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm average at best. I work hard and have my moments. Not everyone can be the master players you expect. I focus on Conquest. I try to fly from point to point. I try to do a few kills now and then too, but end up getting swarmed by groups of enemy players. I do get some good kills now and then. If I don't get a kill, i do well getting assists. I try to play a lot, but find myself quoting Grimlock saying "Me Grimlock need new strategy...". I joked with Darkblade once that my team may behind so I quoted Hot Rod and said "We can't hold out forever Kup, but we can give them one Humongous repair bill..." That is my attitude.

16. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

God yes. If I play conquest, I end up fighting the entire enemy team for A while my supposed teammates wander around making odd noises into their mics.

17. Driftveil

I think it has to do with the fact that people treat every game mode as TDM

18. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    The only time I run into this is in conquest and capture the flag

19. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    God DAMMIT, I hate it when I'm doing a Conquest match, and when we capture a node, everyone flies off to the next one, leaving me for dead.

We're a team of six, we can easily guard a node while capturing the next!

20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's another thing. I'm the only one trying. I'm almost always the only one taking the flag (that's why I end up with so few kills and the most deaths). I understand it's hard to even get to the flag but a lot of my "teammates" treat the match like TDM and don't even go for the flag much less help me when I have it.

again: A team is only as strong as its weakest link. And I always get the weakest links. I try my best when taking the flag and when someone else on my team has it, I'll do my best to ensure their safety.

happens too often to me. every once in a while though, I get someone who knows what they're doing so I don't have to run back and forth between two nodes the whole damn match

this

and this