Incoming G1 Abominus Ko reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by st4rwaytoheaven, Jun 4, 2012.

1. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Yeah, I much prefer it when Takara-Tomy fools consumers with inaccurate reissues like they did with Bruticus and Devastator...

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I dont collect nor care for them but is not Gig and Takara the same box art on the giftset ?

3. st4rwaytoheaven

st4rwaytoheaven Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's the same boxart but a different layout, the gig version resembles the "never released" american version, the takara one is just plein old takara giftset layout with the yellow stripe and numeric identifying

4. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sucks for me (I have a 100% complete mint G1 Abominus with cards and instructions that I got used to $35). As far as combiners go, this has some of the best individual figures, and looks great combined too.

Rippersnapper is a boss.

If these KO's are really high quality, I'd recommend it.

5. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my case,

1) Defensor's eyes should be big and painted red. See this pic-> http://chimungmung.com/images/ko_defensor_f.jpg.

But my Defensor's eyes were painted human sized. So it looks weird. Kind of like he's wearing glasses because the outline of his eyes are there along with his human sized red eyes.

2) The connector for Superion's right arm is broken so I can't plug in the head of an Aerialbot into it. Also Superion's legs are loose so he won't stand properly.

6. johnchow604

News Credits:
    The listing for the high quality KO Abominus was removed from chimungmung.

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    D'oh!

I want them to do Abominus and Computron so I can get the BOXES to display my G1s in :)  I'll sell the KO toys. Did the same with Mensaor, Superion, Devastator, and Defensor - KO boxes, G1 toys. They look great :) 

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it says KO in the title, so it's obviously a knock-off. The reason they call it "reissue" is that those KOs usually have much higher quality than the shoddy ones that comes in cheap blister cards on a thin cardboard back.

9. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im curious, is this ko set out yet? chimungmung had it listed for a late june release

10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I'd love an update on this as well. Anybody plugged into the KO Reissue scene? Seems things have died way down for them. Hoping they don't go away as they are likely the only way we are going to get a lot of reissues as TakaraTomy don't seem to care much about it beyond core characters at this point.

11. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Sooooo glad I got my giftset earlier this year.

BTW the product appears to be removed in the link given.

12. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe somebody cold ask chimungmung or t800pro?

13. johnchow604

News Credits:
    Chimungmung has it up but without packaging for $69.90. It does come with the instruction booklet and stickers.

chimungmung Toy Shop

14. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird. Delayed 6 months, then comes without the box. I wonder what's up with the reissue guys.

15. st4rwaytoheaven

st4rwaytoheaven Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i sure hope they don't release a box :p  that would kill my abominus giftset custom boxes market

16. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Got it today. No reproduction box, toy came loose complete with all accessories, stickers and instructions. From chimungmung.

In a word, awesome!

The good stuff:

I don't know if the original was like this, but Abominus seems huge! Hun-grr is very tall, voyager tall. I'm still looking for pics of him close to other gestalt team leaders, but he seems to be the biggest. Joints, hinges, tabs and connectors are perfect. And by perfect I don't mean tight, I mean that exact balance between tight and easy, where you trust you can transform the toy over and over again and it will not break nor get loose. Feels like my original Combaticons, reliable. I love these high quality KOs, but I kinda didn't trust Superion completely when I transformed him. This one is solid, KO Menasor solid, very nice. Good plastic, good colors, for less than half the price of an original, it's a great deal.

Now the bad stuff:

First, Hun-grr's face shows minor mold degradation. I don't know if the factories in china got to recast a new mold, or just stole an old degraded one, or it's just mine, but it's there - will probably have sucky phone pics when I get home. Also, the little front legs on mine face backwards, they were swapped on assembly, so I have to disassemble them and swap them over. Second, not all factory stickers are present, from what I've seen on tfu.info. There's a sticker sheet but it seems to not include factory stickers. Not a very bad thing if you don't like stickers or don't mind getting reprolabels, but it's odd because so far all High Quality KOs came with factory stickers. Other than that, I still have to check it's size and combining grip with some other original Scramble City figures. Will let you know.