Incidents with Criminals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did any of you ever run into a criminal in person? And if so, what did that criminal do to you when he/she saw you?

I recall a time when I was younger when I was walking with my mom to some stores and some homeless man began stalking us when we came to a certain point. We changed our direction but he kept following us and we had to hide ourselves in a Target, losing him after we entered. My mom was wearing her wedding ring and earrings and believed that man wanted to rob her, which leaded to her giving them to me to hide them in my pants pocket.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My mom and dad and i was just walking back from a screening of zorro through crime alley...

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Define criminal. There are enough laws between local, state and federal laws, to ensure that at one point or another, we're all breaking a law or two. Do you mean convicted criminals?

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    WIN

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Had come home for lunch one day, heard some noise in our garage and a guy had gotten in and was taking our golf clubs. I ran after him and he through them into his trunk and got in his car. I started hitting the driver side door, and right when he turned the engine on, I see that the trunk had not closed and was able to pull out one of the bags. Now, was it my bag or my wife's bag that I pulled out? Ill let you guess that one...

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I think this person is looking for someone approaching you personally with violent intent, the thread title should have been a bit more specific probably.

Personally I have not really been assulted or mugged or anything like that

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of them aren't bad people when you get to know them, but a lot of them make you want to "Hide your kids, hide your wife, because they are raping everyone up out here":lol 

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been confronted by people on the streets three times. Twice they were looking for a fight, one was an attempted mugging. None of them were fun in any way.

9. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    we have prisoners that come and wash the vehicles at my job, i caught two of them in the bathroom together last week. needless to say they got "fired" from the car wash

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just a heads up, all criminals are either homeless or look like this:

[​IMG]

11. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    about 12 or so years ago, I was working the graveyard shift at an AM/PM one night, and some guy comes in and asks for a pack of cigarettes. I check his I.D. and give him the cigarettes. He then says he has a gun and wants all the money in the register. I shake my head and give a polite chuckle. He angrily shouts not to laugh at him, he's "fucking serious!" At this point I actually give an honest laugh and tell him he just showed me his I.D. He then walks quickly out of the store. To this day I have no idea if he was joking or not.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ :lol 

13. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I've never run into a criminal myself,but I did have a criminal run into me.....it's called hit and run.I was working as a delivery driver and a guy driving his car comes along and hits me as I was getting into my truck.I'm left laying in the middle of the road,and he stops,looks back at me,and then DRIVES AWAY.The police arrived shortly after and I gave them a description of the car.He was caught within fifteen minutes.Come to find out it was his second hit and run.

14. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been around convicted felons all my life, and am lucky and smart enough that I'm not one, myself.

15. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I worked in a jail; kinda goes without saying :lol 

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I was once at my moms job where outside I could see a women kidnapping homeless cats presumably for profit.

17. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Several times. Off the top of my head --

Me and my brother were standing on either side of the Skytrain doors (above ground tram), when a dude grabbed somebody's laptop and tried to make a run for it as the doors were closing. We both stepped off and grabbed him at the same time. The Skytrain police came, and the owner came back on the next train. We couldn't confirm him as the owner, but his info and pics were in his computer. The Skytrain officer told us "Don't ever fucking do that again!"

In Beijing, Xidan area, it's common for young shitheads to follow people, open up their backpacks and pick things out. The fucked up thing is, although everyone else can see this happening, nobody ever does anything about it. I used to in-line skate down to that area to hit the books, and found that seeing these attempts (never saw a successful one) really pissed me off. The total disregard of citizens toward their fellow citizens pissed me off even more.
    One day I saw a guy trying to pick from a girls huge backpack. So I turned and followed him. After confirmation, and getting nice and angry, I kicked the legs out from under him. I thought he'd be freaked to see a big white guy staring down at him, but he just got up and gave me a shrug and walked off with his hands in his pocket. After that I'd still see him there and he'd recognize me. A shake of my head would make him stop following someone, but he never went away.

Pick-pocketing, and having others try to swindle and cheat money from you are things you need to be constantly aware of and winds up being a daily life experience in China. My friends there do not believe me when I tell them I don't think I've ever been ripped off or pick-pocketed in Canada. But perhaps that is because bargaining happens at the corporate level in Canada as opposed to the retail level in China.

But beyond that in getting into obvious criminal activity, I had the shitty experience of getting into a fist fight with two muggers in Beijing, who were also police officers. After one was on his ass and the other was dazed and freaked by all the blood coming out of his nose, I made a run for it. I got into a taxi, went around a few corners, changed taxis, repeated that a few times and then went home. Good times.

I had the pleasure of getting loaded drunk with the mayor of Beijing, the same guy that got pinned with lying about the SARS epidemic, and got fired. I doubt the lies to the media were solely his responsibility, but he's the one who got all the blame and got fired. Does that count?

18. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About 11 years ago my mother and I went to a popular club to meet up with some friends of hers where the club has karaoke every Sunday.

There was a guy up there standing and singing and I wasn't really paying any attention. A week later, one of my mother's friend told us that guy who was there singing was featured on "America's Most Wanted".

19. daesung

daesung Active Member

Right! I don't think someone with just an intention to do bad has to be a criminal already.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Chances are you've walked past criminals dozens of times and never even realized it.