Inappropriat Transformers or When will Hasbro learn?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Over the years there have been a few Transformers designs that either "whip it out" or flip the birdy. So I was thinking, why not comprise a list of all these inappropriate Transformers.

The ones that top the list are really the ones where the inappropriateness of the design is intentional rather than a miss-transformation. In other words that's how it's really suppose to look as apposed to skipping a step in transforming the toy.

G1 Megatron and Shockwave both have "Triggers" but Megatron's is bigger, maybe that's why he's the leader.

TM Megatron on the other hand can be inappropriate if you don't turn his tail to the side like you're suppose to and leave it sticking out in the front. Toys like this don't really count for this topic but at least deserve an honorable mention.

Beast Machines Blackarachnia, ROTF Megatron, and DOTM Crankshaft all have a similar design trait. That is that either one or both hands are actually INTENDED to flip you off. Blackarachnia and Megatron you can at least change how their fingers are posed to avoid this but their instructions actually tell you to pose their hands to flip the bird. Crankshaft on the other hand doesn't even look like he has possible fingers so you're stuck with the bird.

Of course any Transformer with possible fingers such as Unicron, Primus, or Masterpiece Prime can be positioned to flip the bird but they aren't intended to be positioned that way so again this doesn't really count.

And of course things can always get worse when the inappropriate designs aren't just limited to their toys but actually happen ON SCREEN. I can't seem to find this image again but I was once directed to the reason Beast Wars II never made it to the states. It seems Thrustor, as part of his on screen transformation, thrusts his crotch forward so that he can "whip out his sword" and of course there's ROTF Devastator with his famous "wrecking balls", probably the only instance in Transformers where the toys are actually more appropriate than the character model.

The last of the inappropriate Transformers are the "fowl language" Transformers. Of course "Slag" doesn't count but more along the lines of the 1986 movie where "shit" and "Damn it" were used on screen though the worst has to be ROTF Wheelie. I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that a Transformer cusses more than I do and likes to hump Megan Fox's leg or the fact that he's actually Sponge Bob in Wall-E's body. Can we make the world's most inappropriate Transformer and make him any more child friendly than he already is? Well at least there's nothing inappropriate about Barney Megatron, well except for the previously mentioned TM version with the "tail" issues.

So lists so far...

"Whiping it out"
    • G1 Jetfire/Skyfire (Or really any Jet Transformer who gives a new meaning to the term "cock pit" I only list this one because he did it first and this list would be far too long to list them all.)
      G1 Blaster
      G1 Fortress Maximus
      G1 Megatron
      G1 Shockwave
      Universe Sideswipe/Sunstreaker
      TM2 Blackarachnia
      BW2 Heinlad
      BW2 Thrustor
      BM Jetstorm
      RID Megatron/Galvatron
      Armada Jetstorm(Or Runway depending, there names got reversed so much I'm not sure who's who.)
      Cybertron/BW Megatron
      2007 Bumblebee
      ROTF Devastator

"Flipping the birdy"
    • BM Blackarachnia
      ROTF Megatron
      DOTM Crankshaft

Fowl Language
    • G1 Ultra Magnus
      2007 Ratchet
      2007 Jazz
      ROTF Ironhide
      ROTF Wheelie
      ROTF Sideswipe

Right now these aren't in any particular order but I'll update these till we have at least 10 or more in each category then have a vote and arrange them to a top 10 for each of the 3 and top 10 overall. Remember, Transformers not intentionally designed to be inappropriate won't actually make the list but you can still mention them within the topic. AND PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS TOPIC DIE UNTIL WE ACTUALLY HAVE A TOP 10 LIST MADE.

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    RiD Galvatron takes the cake there with flipping the bird lol

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You act as if there's something wrong with these toys. I think they're hilarious.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    do Sideswipe and Sunstreaker count?

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    universe sunstreakers balls comes to mind

6. Tracker Hound

Tracker Hound Banned

Blackout from the Transformers Beginning DVD says damn. Movie Ironhide calls Demolishor Punk-ass decepticon. Ultra jetstorm's cockpit.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Movie Ratchet's comment about pheremones may be a bit dirty. Jazz swore too

8. SaberPrime

Why only Galvatron? He's just a repaint. :p 

There was a sec. there where I forgot that Megatron/Galvatron had a claw mode and I was like "What he doesn't have articulated fingers" then I thought about it and realize "Oh he's talking about the claw mode not the fingers on his robot hands."

While we're on that subject his crotch plate can actually be lifted up but there's no real reason for it other than to "whip it out". Why is that even part of his design when it's not used in any of his alternate modes? I think I should add this to the list.

Actually I started this topic BECAUSE it's hilarious. ;) 

I had some problems finding this title, by any chance did you mean Transformers Cybertron - Robots In Disguise: A New Beginning DVD?

9. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

RTS Scout Windcharger has giant robot nipples if you flip the top of his car hood up. There is absolutely no way that was a mistake.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Hmm, isn't thre a pictorial 'toy crotch' robot thread somewhere? :D 

11. SaberPrime

Wreck-Gar has nipples too but for some reason nipples are only dirty on females. Both men and women have nipples but for some reason breasts only get censored if nipples are visible while it's perfectly OK for men to show their nipples. This makes no sense to me but I didn't make the rules on what is or isn't considered dirty.

12. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So.....they're becoming more and more anatomically correct?

:D 

13. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    G1 scattershot is big, if you get what i mean

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    G1 Scattershot... The Ron Jeremy of Transformers.

15. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
  16. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PCC Throttler because of his name and him turning into a drill. PCC Caliburst bending over to turn into his gun mode.

17. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you really want the few female Transformers to have their baps out, mate.

:lol 

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    TFs =/= humans

Joke as you may and so forth, but the simple fact is that Transformers don't share the same anatomy and functions.

As far as "flipping the bird", Transformers would have to take on Earth customs and culture to share in that.

19. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I was just kidding.
    But yeah, earth customs and culture, they do, which is evident in almost every series and movie.

Concerning the anatomy and such; I agree somewhat, but I still don't think you have a justifiable wonderment as to why there can't be nipples on female transformers as well as males. By your way of thinking, I could put the argument forth that fembots shouldn't look any more female than the male bots.

20. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Someone have pics of these? At least Galvatron flipping the bird?