Inability to Connect to Friends on XBL

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Poho, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    My best friend who just moved from Fredericton (where I am) to Surrey, with whom I used to play COD4 almost every day, is now no longer able to connect to me, nor I to him. We both have great internet connections, both of our NAT types are open...but we can join each other's parties, games, or private chats. the only way we can play together is if we both join someone else's party. We just can't connect directly to each other, which is a SERIOUS fucking pain in the ass. Could someone explain why this is happening and tell me how to remedy the situation? Because I really don't understand it at all.

2. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I've had that happen before. For some reason I wasn't able to connect or interact with one of my friends in Tenchu Z. He couldn't connect to my game, or I to his, but we could both join a third friend's game who could interact with us both, but we still couldn't see each other for some reason.

The next day it worked perfectly, so I've got no idea what the problem was.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Someone's NAT is lying! :mad 

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Go to this site: PortForward.com - Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model and find your router manufacturer and model, get your friend to do the same.

Set your XBox to a Static IP address, instrcutions here: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Then on the next page after you have selected your router, select XBox Live 360 and follow the instructions there.

See if that aliviates your problems. I have done this for my XBox and it helped with my connection.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oooh, I'm gonna look at this tomorrow, hopefully it'll clear the problems I seem to have with some friends.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll have to try those sometime. I have a bitch of a time playing with some of you guys...

7. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Yeah me and my friend live in the same state and we still can't connect to each other. My internet recently got capped so that doesn't help at all :( 

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info Boardwise, gonna have a gander at it tonight after work :) 

awesome.