In what cases would you like to see a repaint?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, May 21, 2008.

1. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see more cybertron voyager Starscream repaints. They make for great cybertron mode seekers.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    there is a dirge coming up.

3. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    All the more reason for a repaint.

4. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

I only get repaints if I dont have the figure likr allspark power Brawl

5. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would probably have a pulmonary embolism if either Takara, Hasbro, or FP came out G1 repaint of the Armada/Energon Unicron mold.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm more likely to buy a repaint if it's a new character. I bought Big Daddy and Salvage, but not any of the Premium series. But I don't have any hard and fast rule, as I do have both Japanese and U.S. Masterpiece Starscream.

7. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

A Unicron G1 repaint would be the mother of all repaints.

The Armada version is awesome as it is... but the see through parts kind of make me cringe sometimes when I look at it on my shelf.

8. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You know, I would really really really love to have the armada hotshot repaint to smokescreen that only came out as a test shot. I kept thinking that maybe the club would release it as an exclusive or something, but I have wanted it ever since I first saw it.
    The test shot came up on ebay recently, but it went for over $500.00. I no can pony up that kind of cash:( 

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If it's a really good mold then repaints are no problem. The Classics seekers mold just really works for me so whatever colors they slap on one of those will catch my interest.

If it's a not so good mold but the colors bring out something really nice then it's a good reason to buy a repaint.

It's also nice when they can either come up with something interesting with a character or make a new character out of a mold. Sort of like I've already got the Target Skywarp but if he was released in some black camo pattern then it would be worth buying the same character in the same mold all over again.

Guess it just comes down to does the figure feel like I'm getting something or does the figure feel like Hasbro was just getting cheap on us.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    When i feel it's neccesarry repaints.

so like BB-Cliffjumper,The seekers or galavatron.

If i haven't got the first one.

Mostly Deluxe or less repaints.

Ransack GTS,Awesome paint scheme an improvmenet on the first Ransack. :D 

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Maybe if you're lucky, someone'll do the redeco from the new Hot Shot mould. Then it might actually be good. :p 

12. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Agreed, the mold wasn't all that fantastic, I just really like the smokescreen color scheme!

13. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

I'm a repaint whore.. i'm more like to buy a mold if i can get a couple of them, honestly. It's like army building, but without getting exactly the same figure every time. I like repaints. :D 

Especially Seekers. Though, that said, i DO perfer them to be new characters, or at least good looking repaints which i can then pretend are new characters. Bonus points for random homages.

14. betetta

betetta guitar face

if the character was interesting or likeable i'm very tempted to get a reapint with that deco, even if the mold used is utter crap (i just got me FAB smokescreen)

but if the reapint is bad, i wouldn't get it even if the character and/or mold were good (example: if classics ramjet were a straight reapint of starscream i would never have bought it)

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a gold Primus! Golden age Cybertron FTW!!!!

16. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The funny thing:
    I looked around my room at the immediatly visible figures for things I wanted repainted. I ended up with either "That's been repainted" or "That is a repaint". This is hard to do.
    The on-topic thing:
    Movie Wreckage is the only thing I see that I would want repainted that wasn't already. I almost said "Alternator Skids", but then I remembered that Japanese Broadblast repaint.

17. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Do you mean the American version? You ought to get the Takara-Tomy Classics Megatron... he's in G1 colors, and looks very sweet!

For me, I'd like it for the Classics that they absolutely stick to the original G1 color schemes. The Takara-Tomy Classics does a much better job in doing so... like said Megatron and Astrotrain... compared to the American Classics.

19. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

My fanboy repaint fantasies are legion, but here are my top five:

1) Repaint of Classics Optimus Prime as Toxitron. That deco was stupendous.
    2) Buzzsaw repaint of Real Gear Booster X10 (who is already our movieverse Laserbeak)
    3) Shockwave repaint of Movie Swindle
    4) Elita-1 repaint of Deluxe Movie Arcee
    5) Glyph repaint/minor retool of Classics Bumblebee

Ths line intentionally left blank.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Repaints can be a pain for people like me who are sort of developing into completist whores. But then again you can't argue with a good mold. I'd love to see one of IDWs Beast Wars comics released in a two pack with repaints of Fuzor Torca and Fuzor Sky Shadow as the japanese characters Drancron and Elphaorca that way we could get the two Blendtrons over here as official releases.

Classics Starscream should get Sunstorm and another character to fit in with the Acid Storm tech spec bio. Then we'd have Acid Storm, Sunstorm and... Wasn't the other Seeker Orange? Maybe Flame or Pyro Storm. Oh wait that's kind of like Sunstorm. My bad.

I'm always up for Mini-Con repaints and the Sea Team from Armada has barely been used. If their molds are still intact I wouldn't mind seeing them repainted as Autobots. Make one of them Seaspray another one Seawatch from the Micromaster Rescue Patrol and the last one Broadside or something.

The Mini-Con Dinobots could be repainted as well, Terrorsaur to Over Kill, Knockdown to Slugfest and Swoop to BW Lazorbeak or Armada Terrorsaur's paint job. Turn them into Decepticons.

I also want to see more Go-Bots in the Universe/Classics line. If they make that Cosmos mold then it'd be killer to get it in Pathfinders colors. Powerglide could be Bad Boy and Onslaught could be Treads. Ok so they wouldn't be to scale as mini-bots anymore, but who cares about scale issues in a Transformers toyline anyway? They've never been 100% to scale, why start now?
    Road Ranger and Small Foot I couldn't say for sure, but I think the Cybertron Unicron mold would make an interesting homage to Vamp if they gave him a more insectoid head sculpt.
    And last, but certainly not least a Transformers Cy-Kill, the new Silverbolt mold could be re-done as Leader-1 I think, but that just leaves Cy-Kill and there aren't a lot of good motorcycle molds to choose from. Ransack is too alien looking, Sideways is too stiff and has the headmaster gimmick, Lugnutz is likewise a little too stiff and Arcee is a tad on the female side. I don't relish a Cy-Kill sex change, do you? No, they'd have to make a new mold for Cy-Kill I think, one that actually looks like him maybe. As a little throwaway to the past in the modern Universe/25th line. And then they could re-paint Cy-Kill into Groove or maybe Road Pig of the Laser Cycles. Yeah that'd be cool.

Then too there is the deluxe Vehicon Thrust mold who deserves to be revived either in Universe or as a club exclusive of some kind. Out of all the Vehicon Deluxe molds Thrust was never repainted and I wouldn't mind seeing him be re-imagined with a new paint job.

The Energon Optimus Prime mold could use a repaint too. Nemesis Prime or something I don't know. I just don't have him yet and would like to see him come back so I could have a chance to get him even if he isn't Energon Optimus Prime to start with.

I could go on indefinately, Repaints are cheap and easy to make and given enough thought they can become as superb as Movie Fracture AKA Crasher of Go-Bots fame. And we collectors will mostly eat them up because we can't say no. Or if we do we come back years later and get it anyway because we now want it because the paint job has grown on us. So I say bring on the repaints, within reason of course. Wouldn't want to sacrifice the chance for new molds down the line.