In the Next Game I want to see...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, May 6, 2010.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Autobot City
    Autobot Shuttle
    Moonbase 2
    Lithones
    The Quintessons
    Scrouge

2. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    alpha trion/nova prime
    cybertron core
    combiners

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  we haven't even seen the first and we're already asking for things to be put into the second? If the request isn't character specific (triple changers) or locations off Cybertron (Earth or Charr) we probably should wait to see what's in the first, as a request made already might already be in the game.

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

yup because the designers do check this site out, I want them primed!

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I think we're in for a treat though. The last few days showed a lot more than we've seen since December, and we've only seen 10:30 of the actual game. No doubt this game will take several hours to completion, and lets not forget that there are several layers to the planet and people to this story.

Cybertron's core was among the conceptual art pieces, so it may actually be in the game. Alpha Trion played a huge role in the cartoon, so I think it's a safe bet we'll see him in the game too.

The Autobot's shuttle and the Decepticon's ship Nemesis have been shown in previous videos. The Autobot ship is shown breaking up during the Aerialbot/Jetfire run and the Nemesis was shown flying around the start-up screen with Cybertron rotating in the background.

Combiners will most likely make an appearance at some point in the war be it the end of this story or some time during the next.

I'm hopeful the Quintessons will be at least hinted to in this game. Megatron wants to restore Cybertron to its former glory after all. What took that glory away? Quintesson oppression?

Depending on how closely they follow the G1 storyline we may or may not see Scourge, the Sweeps and Cyclonous for quite some time, though I think it would be kind of cool to see them now, but more than them, I'd rather see several Japanese G1 characters crossing over to the North American storyline.

6. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i'd like to see a whole host of stuff in the sequel.

but mainly, i hope in the sequel, we will be able to play all of the Dinobots, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, etc. and be able to combine and unite to form the various combiner characters lol. the mechanics with any combiners in a potential sequel would be very, very interesting lol (who gets to control the entire unit once the players decide to combine... that would probably be a potential source of griping hehe :D ).

eta: now that i thought about it, i think a combiner character will be able to work if a team of players decide to combine but that it would allow the players of that combiner team to share control of the combiner. for example, if players that constitute the Combaticons form into Bruticus, the chosen team leader of that team would be the one to control Bruticus. but then, say the team leader goes for lunch or a bathroom break, he/she would have the capability to delegate the control to one of the team members he chooses and that guy/gal then gets to control Bruticus (but he/she does not automatically become the team leader, just the guy controlling Bruticus at the moment).

i think this can work :p 

7. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    also in the sequel, it would be cool if, just like in this game where you can customize your own Cybertronian, that players will be allowed to make up and customize their own teams of combiners and maybe allow a combiner team of say a minimum of 5 players (5 robots) to a maximum of 10 players (10 robots). for instance, i should be able to choose and pick my combiner team within the same class, should be able to name that group into whatever team i want to name them, and then custom name the combined unit.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I really hope they don´t follow the Quintesson origins.. I prefer the "we´re creations of Primus, last line of defense against Unicron". The whole "we´re just military and civilan hardware" is kinda stupid IMO.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A bit early to thinking about a potential sequel. Though just going off of what we know about this game, there are a couple of things I'd like to see in the future.

More variation to the bots. WfC has some, what with Armada Demolisher and Animated Slipstream, but there could definitely be more. Would be nice to see some Beast Wars and RID characters worked in.

Gestalt's/combiners. Doesn't have to be made up of five separate characters in multiplayer. Could easily, imo, be one person controlling the torso bot, with the four limb-bots being drones that follow you around and battle with you.

More options when customizing your own bot. Now that they've got the handle on things, I think they could add more options to this feature.

10. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    agreed.

actually, the same principle can probably be applied with the combiners with WFC's co-op function, that is, if a player goes for a combiner team, i agree with you in that there would be at least 5 min, 10 max of Cybertronians team up with you with these others being controlled by the game's AI and then during multiplayer, any player can just pop in and assume control of the other robots.

agreed.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s the only way I could see this working, assuming High Moon Studios allowed combiners playable; anything else would be chaos, which I wouldn’t be in favor of.

Having the team leader control the big unit is fine by me, but members of that team should have the option to separate whenever they want. Uniting as one should be a team decision, and separating should be an individual choice.

I think there should be a time limit or some sort of handicap on these big units, as there’s a huge reward for joining as a team, there should be an equal or slightly greater disadvantage to doing so otherwise people would do it all the time for extended periods, being unbeatable, which makes me want such teams to be bosses only.

Primus is dead and has been so for a very long time. While Cybertron was finding its way the Quintessons could have easily set up shop to a naïve species of aliens, namely the Cybertronians. It doesn’t take much thought to make these two different storylines one.

The Quintessons aren’t exactly an honest bunch, so how do we know they didn’t lie about their connection to Cybertron? Their lie could have been their greatest asset.

Being highly intelligent beings, they developed the means to control the planet and its people. Prior to the modern-day Cybertronians, the Quintessons experimented with Transorganics, which they ended up locking away in the lower levels of Cybertron. Why did they develop them? The Quintessons themselves are Transorganics; they carried out these tests for a reason.

It doesn’t take much thought to combine the cartoon and comic continuities. They can work as one.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More playable characters!!!!!!!

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Since when is Primus dead? Was that ever confirmed?

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, I don't know if he is dead, but as I haven't seen him, I assumed he was.

15. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    If Primus is dead that would through the whole universe out of whack, like destroying all the good that ever existed. He's just sleeping, being one with the universe.

16. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    great points! but if one were to separate, the bot would still have to be there because i'm kind of envisioning it as what we currently now have on WFC which is a co-op functionality. it means that, at least in WFC, in every level, in addition to yourself, you get to team up with 2 other Cybertronians controlled by AI and they will always be there until they get killed or something, but in multiplayer, other players can join in and take control of your AI-controlled team mates and they're not controlled by AI anymore. basically, even when a player leaves, the robot is still going to be there but now controlled back again by AI. so basically the combiner team will always have to be there if the player chooses to play as a combiner at the beginning.

what it all boils down to now is the level where these combiners can be playable. rmember in WFC, there are certain levels where you will be able to control jets, and i guess this is what any potential sequel will take, having levels where you can only play as a combiner team. but that is the mission mode.

in the multiplayer mode, in my thinking the same principle can apply, but that once a player decides to be a combiner at the beginning, he will then have an option of having 5 to 10 robots constituting his combiner team, again, with a co-op functionality. i differ with you that there shouldn't be a time limit because i agree with what Matt Tieger was saying on why the alt-modes serve a strategic and tactical purpose so that you can basically have your transform at any point in the game without any limitations set (like you could play as a truck or a jet fighter any time if that's what you think is what is the best strategy to take in dealing with your opponents). i think the same principles can apply. and i don't think any ordinary robot will go up against a combiner team so the player would then have to be compelled to play as a combiner or gestalt character.

anyway, imho.

17. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:

I think it would be best to leave combiners as Boss Fight characters. But just for the hell of it, thinking of a multi-player usage for a combiner.

Combining would be a team decision based on health and stats during battle, you don't want to combine if someone on your team is half dead - lol!

Next, once combined the leader of the combiner team should be the one in control while the other members would be occupied with keeping the gestalt's powers up. Such as, when power is low and separation is imminent, the remaining members can enter a series of button combos to keep the gestalt together and power high.

18. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    combiners need their own thread, well my three different combiner ideas:

1: leader controls main bot as rest of team has laser turrets

2: each player has their own gestalt, but instead of 5 gestalts running around, all the other players look like floating turrets but your own. (complicated concept)

3: only combine as a special move, for example a single stomp, punch, or super blaster.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see what you’re saying and I’ve heard what Matt has said about the game too, and they all sound good. I’m just having some unwanted flashback of the movie games, which are plagued with severe balance issues. Gestalts would basically be as strong as Omega Supreme or Trypticon, and judge from the clips we’ve seen so far they pack much more than a punch.

5 on 5 mulit-player could potentially become a nightmare for the team that chose a team that isn’t gestalt or mismatched gestalt pieces. This is why I felt there should be some sort of hindrance to the team that formed their mighty giant. A silly as it sounded, the cartoon gave them the disadvantage of stupidity. I’m not saying the game needs to go that far, but some sort of disadvantage to go with their combined power to the nth power doesn’t sound all that bad. Surely, Omega Supreme and Trypticon have disadvantages.

I like the idea of the other members doing some sort of button oriented sequencing to stay united. That’s an excellent way of keeping everyone involved. A problem plaguing many fighting games now days is the ability to juggle your opponent into tomorrow. The player being juggled has absolutely nothing to do while his opponent masterfully pulls off a 1,000 hit air-juggling combo, as the developer didn’t make an escape or anything for the other player to do, save for watch in wonder. I hope this sort of wonderment doesn’t cross over to WFC or its sequels.

20. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    that's a great point. but health and states imho should be one of the factors (that may include same class of robots). i also like your idea in the second paragraph, giving some level of control to the other players in the combined unit while in the combined form, with the goal of keeping the robot stable and united. i was also thinking of being able to control and fire off weapons from their respective parts as they take on to fight another character so pretty much weapons are delegated to the team members in a unified form (like firing laser cannons, energy weapons, guns, missiles, etc. off arms and legs and such but that the control of the Gestalt's body movements and main weapons remain with the team leader). sounds great.