In the next few years

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Sep 27, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

"In the next few years, where do you see yourself as a collector?"

Personally, as of late. I have just been going back and getting old Beastwars figures, I just never had as a kid. Mainly for the nostalgia value.

But, I do wonder where we are going to stand for the next few years. Seeing as we wont have a Live Action movie coming out for a looooong time, is all that we are going to see in terms of new merchandise, that isn't third party. Going to be Prime Merch? I know there is going to be a re-hash of the Gen toys, or at least "the remods".

Not that i'm saying Prime toys are a bad thing, I just personally don't see the show going that far, even if it is scheduled for what? Three seasons? The Hub itself is struggling to stay around, and if the Hub goes. We know it is just going to go back in the hands of Cartoon Network, whom already screwed one series up...

It just leaves me to wonder, what is to proceed Prime? Is it going to be better? Or are we going to go the Japanese route? Perhaps, Americanize some of the older cartoons.

This is purely speculation, but what are your thoughts guys?

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Prime is a good show in its own continutiy (sp*), I wouldnt mind seeing a rehash of G1, or a transformers series that's animation looks more like Marvel Ironman which is currently airing on G4

or something more done with WFC adn with the live action stuff out of the way and WFC 2 coming out of the gates that is a strong possibility that we get some more toys from it

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'm not sure, depends on what is coming out I suppose. I'm interested in TF Prime figures, but its been months since my last transformers purchase. I haven't bought a transformer since I bought some of the movie figs sometime around the release of the film. And thats not for the lack of trying, I ccan't find paset the first couple waves and any size class, though admitedly I'm not all that interested in most of the DOTM line.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

We might see more movie and WFC stuff if the videogames do well. But Prime is going to be the main line.

5. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I personally only see my collecting to be wish washy. I have my and my wifes first child coming. Which is why Im doing alot of purchasing and trading while the bun is in the oven. But I will keep track of WFC/Generations and perhaps Prime

Prime will probrably be the new Movie line on the shelves, meaning we will see ALOT of them. And depending on quaility,I may get them

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the way I see it it's gonna be like this:

More DOTM figures and repaints.
    Another Movieverse Spinoff series like RTS and HFTD.
    Transformers Prime figures that will be Self-warmers because everyone already has them.
    A Masterpiece figure that will have some flaw that everyone will complain about.
    And maybe some figures based off the Transformers MMO that will be as Rare as RTS Windcharger.

That should cover the next two years or so.

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In terms of collecting Transformers, I have an ever-shortening list of G1s to pick up and then I'll be just extremely selective - the occasional mainline modern release, perhaps, but it will be a rather different pace than now and especially 2-3 years ago.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    In retirement.

So I can move on in my life.

9. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

I've already made a shift in my collecting habits. I am focusing on 3rd party and exclusives such as Botcon figures. I'll still get the classicsverse figures when they show up. However, I'm streamlining my purchasing to just a few more expensive figures. Oh, and I have about 5 figures from classics and universe 2.0 that I ahve to get to finish those lines. Maybe some MIB G1 too. I like the Prime line but I don't think I'll get that stuff unless it fits in with my Classics collection.

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I thought the Hub was doing OK actually? At least from this site's news?

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I will think about the next few years when I am there.

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Regardless of what the new line is, I hope to avoid the hype and not buy any toys unless it's something I just can't pass up. Hopefully my collection will consist of only Masterpieces and a select few from other lines.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been scaling back to mostly classics-style toys and their complimentary club/con exclusives, as long as they continue to be made and are done well I'll be buying. On occasion a main line toy catches my eye, but that's not often. For example, with Prime, all I want so far is Skyquake.

My G1 collection is all but complete. Just want a couple more Victory pieces, and perhaps the Euro G1 exclusives.

And I'm over third party.

14. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Hmmm i can honestly say i am bored with the movie line and there are only a couple DOTM toys i actually want that are yet to be released. I do plan on collecting TFP toys but i will again stick to toys that seem good based on pics and reviews, that said i love most of what we saw so far. Classics i am going to continue to collect as well as WFC toys if they make more with WFC 2. The only other thing i plan on actively collecting is MP figures. Since my collection is just around 300 pieces i am not worried about its growth atm. That said i may end up trying to clear out some of the movie toys that i am not as fond of in the future.

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Whatever fits my G1/scale taste, I suppose... be it MP, CHUG, or third party.

I'd still like to pick up some Henkei I missed - Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Bluestreak, Mirage, Smokescreen, Inferno... and I think a few others. But if iGear ends up doing what they're saying they'd like to do - G1 accurate, MP/CHUG scale '84 Autobots - I may just end up getting those, instead.

If it's from the first two seasons of the old cartoon, is roughly MP Seeker/Grimlock scale, and is well made, I'll probably find a way to fit it into my rather casual TF collection! Oh, and if I can afford it, of course.

16. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the classics stuff and I'm trying to pick up more G1 guys to complete my collection. There are very few new things I see ad want. I like the 3rd party stuff, but it's getting to be too much and the prices are not always great.

17. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see myself owning all the Prime toys. Also all of the future Generations releases.

...unless another line comes out I think that's it for me. I mean I'm sure another line will eventually come out, but I'm only interested in that much so far. We'll see what comes out after Prime.

18. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I just hope I'm done. I told me wife I was finished six years ago. Then Classics started. My goal is to have an updated version of each of the 84/85 bots and cons. So far, between Hasbro and Third party, I'm pretty close.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers wise all I am getting for the rest of the year is MP 10 and Encore Devastator.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once I finish getting the remaining G1's that I need and once/if Hasbro finish releasing the remaining core character cast of G1 via their CHUG lines, I think I'll more or less be done with actively collecting. I might grab the odd one-off Masterpiece here or there depending on the character & mold design, but I don't see myself doing toy runs to stores much longer. The movie stuff is a no-go for me and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bother with collecting any TF Prime, so that doesn't leave a lot left.