In the dark is where I shine! Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I can't wait to pick this up. I loved Butcher Bay on the original Xbox.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked it up yesterday AND ignorantly made a new thread on it. Here's what I posted in it:

So I'm not crazy about the movies, but the Xbox game was actually pretty good. If you don't already know, this is actually a sequel packed with a remake of the original. It came out yesterday and I picked it up but since I'm still into RE5 I haven't played it yet.

A funny thing though was that instead of Gamestops normal message for when a preordered game comes in, they had Vin Diesel record a message. He talked really slow and basically said the game was coming in tomorrow, and then the normal Gamestop voice popped in and in a high pitch and fast pace said essentially the same thing. Poor Vin, he probably did the recording for $10 and a frisbee.

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well I finished both Butchers Bay and Dark Athena. Both where pretty cool, but I think I liked Butchers Bay more, Dark Athena focused more on the stealth + action, but not as so much on the character interaction. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy Dark Athena at all, I had a blast with that one.

I tried the multiplayer on it and uhm.... Yeah. About the only nice thing I can say is that it's kinda like Quake 3, cept without the wacky stages, and there's a game mode that features 3 teams of 4 players duking it out for domination. I don't know how to elaborate on it all, it was just bad. I had hoped that there would be some stealth action involved, like hiding in the shadows and snapping some dudes neck from behind. It's just a run and gun done poorly.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet, DG. I need to pick this game up. I saw the movie on BR. That's about the only Vin movie I really like.. Well that, and Pitch Black.... Iron Giant, of course, but he just make noises in that one..... wait a second....

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I always liked Escape From Butcher Bay. I'll probably pick this up at some point.