In the beginning, there were Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Hatch_1, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Hatch_1

Hatch_1 Well-Known Member

I've decided to start taking pictures of my collection thematically. It's a good way to present them and, this way, I don't have to try and do everything all at once. The Dinobots seem as good a place as any to start. There are a few odd-ball items in there you might enjoy (incidentally, oddities are kind of a running them throughout my collection).

Let There Be Dinobots:

Overview
    [​IMG]

Center
    [​IMG]

Front Left
    [​IMG]

Front Right
    [​IMG]

Rear
    [​IMG]

This, while not very old, is probably my favorite Grimlock bootleg. Not only is it a very nice amalgam of Grims and MechaGodzilla but he also seems to possess superior Karate skills :) 
    [​IMG]

All for now. Might do dragons or beast-type Dinobots next. Thanks for looking!

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wow, that looks pretty comprehensive.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Damn, thats a nice Dinobot collections. Makes me jealous!:D 

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    That is awesome! Where is that "wax-on wax-off"-Bot from?

5. Hatch_1

KA: Thanks! Er, does that mean boring? <kidding> Yeah, it took a few hours to track everything down for that. Just remembered I missed one, too (dangit). It's a knock-off Diaclone Slag. Not terribly much different about it aside from the chromed horns and colors. I think it may have a KO Prehistory Slag tail also (which is interesting).

Grimlock 13: Thanks, man! Just need a Diaclone Swoop and I *think* I'll have a representation of every mold change in the Dinobot history. Trouble is, I don't want to pay for it ;) 

Boo: 'Preciate it! It's a late 90's bootleg that retailed for, like, $6. They were available at TRU, KB toys, etc.. You can still find them on ebay pretty cheap if you keep your eyes peeled. More info on it here in the Grimlock section (packaging and robot pictures): http://tfarchive.com/toys/bootlegs/

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    comprehensive as in theres a couple of stuff there thats pretty obcure, like the dinobot KOs.

you should do detail gallery for these. id chk it out fo sho.

7. Hatch_1

Well, I actually started to do something like that last year at a temporary site. Later, the pictures were moved to a more permanent residence at tfarchive.com. The link posted above for Boo is the fruit of this. I had uploaded some more after these but they were never added to the archive. Not sure why, exactly. Just chalked it up to them not wanting to continue. Anyway, I won't press to try and find out why. It was nice of them to host the ones they did.

If there's something specific you want to see, I'd be happy to oblige.

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Thats definitely a cool collection. Can't wait to see more.

9. Hatch_1

Round 2: I'm not completely certain what the theme on this is. It kinda started as something else and then I just sort of kept going. Latter day Transformers, sounds as good as anything.

I would also accept 'shelf hogs' :) 

Fist up, some Brave toys:
    [​IMG]

Next is part one of a Brave/Transformer crossover (Dag Base and Grandus are a little hidden):
    [​IMG]

Finally, part two (*ahem* had to cheat a bit here as I don't own Galaxy Shuttle):
    [​IMG]

This shoot, while not perfect, was actually pretty fun to do. Some of these toys I haven't seen in years, so finally having an excuse to get them out felt good.