In Starscream's character bio, the makers forgot that he used to be a scientist...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Cryptwire, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    who worked with Jetfire. I wish the makers would edit the bio that's now on their webpage. i don't think it's that big of a deal to just edit the text and include that tidbit. just a friendly suggestion :) 

I just wished they included that tidbit that he was a scientist before he became a Decepticon who always wanted to usurp Megatron.

other than that, i will so get this game.

2. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Wfc =/= g1

3. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

WFC is not G1. The best proof is that Breakdown and Air raid are in the game, and in G1 they were built on earth not on cybertron.

4. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    And don't write it us, write it the developers.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    What's wrong with his current bio? It's a personality description, not the entire history of his life..

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe he's not a scientist in WFC?

7. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *sings* This isn't G1, this isn't G1, this isn't G-G-G-G-G-G-11111111111111111!

8. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    i don't have a problem with Starscream's bio. im just saying it's not that hard to include the fact that Starscream used to be a scientist. Apparently the game developers are big G1 fans and even based the Cybertronian designs on G1 coventions but making the Transformers back-story more sophisticated and modern and logical.

all i'm saying is that it's not that hard to include in the info that Starscream was a scientist. they already put the fact that he's intelligent than the average Decepticon. Could've just added another line saying "Being a former scientist before joining the Decepticons,..." so and so... but overall i love the character bio they put for Starscream and find it really interesting.

but i don't have any major problems with WFC. just that little tidbit that i wish they would put in before the release the game. they can put it in and not even ruin the overall story which they put for War for Cybertron. it's just a little bit of trivia.

9. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    i know. and i know it's a brief description. just saying that *i wished* they could've had another line alluding to the fact that he used to be a scientist. if they put that there, great. if they didn't, oh well, i could always imagine that Starscream's bio is just a brief personality description of himself. i just *wish* they kind of alluded to it in one line or so because i really liked that angle where Starscream used to be a scientist before becoming this crazy-ass Decepticon member who always gets on Megatron's butt and undermines him and usurps his power.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Doesn't WfC include a level where Starscream is introduced as picking the Decepticon side? If so, I'm pretty sure something like that will be established there..maybe he will even be seen alongside Jetfire. :) 

The creators of this game are clearly big G1 fans, so I don't see why they would suddenly skip over this. It would even add some extra weight to Jetfire, too! :) 

11. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    yup. absolutely. i hope they didnt overlook that or i dont know how Starscream's backstory in this game will go, whether or not it will mention that he was a scientist and the fact that he used to work with Jetfire. to me that always appealed to me because Starscream hasn't been always a power-hungry, backstabbing character who usurps Megatron's power any chance he gets. there's much more depth to Starscream's character than just him being a weasel and i hope they take that advantage because when i read the movie tie-in comics (Defiance actually), it didnt even mention that background which i hope the live-action movies correct (or maybe not just mention anything at all because if any, it's the movie tie-in comics' mistake)... Starscream was just a commander (an air commander).

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    But what we're saying is that maybe in the WFC story he wasn't a scientist. It's not part of his character. WFC has it's own story and own origins for the characters.

They didn't forget, it's just not part of what he is. Maybe they realised Starscream being a scientist was pretty stupid and purposely decided not to mention that. (Seriously, a scientist?)

13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Actually, considering that jet mode TFs in WFC appear to be a class called "Scientist", he probably still very much is one.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well remember guys Thundercracker was listed as the scientist and Skywarp a scout according to the article Tformers had up a while ago. Also this game is going to give some backstory to Screamer as well. They probably didn't want to give too much away in the bio.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 haters are out in full force:lol 

Just because it isn't in his bio doesn't mean it may not come up in the game. These bios are like many of the pictures we've seen teasers; they don't say $#!+

16. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    This

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just because we recognize that WFC and G1 are seperate continuities, and that just because it was in G1 doesn't mean it is in WFC, doesn't make us G1 haters. It makes us logical.

18. Repugnus

Repugnus ActionMaster

News Credits:
    In fairness, that's true of the old Marvel comics and cartoons, but in both the Dreamwave and IDW comics, the Aerialbots and Stunticons were all around prior to the TF's arriving on Earth. I'm personally inclined to consider the stuff from the 80's as being more "official" takes on G1, but the fact remains that the DW and IDW-verses are G1 as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying WFC is or has to be G1. I am however saying that there are more than one G1 universes, and I have no problem with some people considering WFC, which is clearly quite heavily inspired by G1 (more so, I would argue, than most non-G1 universes, with the possible exception of TFA), as yet another take on G1. That said, even if one wishes to consider it a type of G1 universe, there's no reason why the game developers wouldn't be able to make changes to this universe's history to make it distinct and unique.

Or at least that's my take on the matter, so feel free to disagree.
    :) 

EDIT: I should mention that the above statement is based upon the decidedly limited information we have thus far about WFC's storyline and characters, so it may end up being way off base once the game is finally released.

19. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol. If you sing not G1 or make little cutesy not equal slogans it looks like hating.

But I do agree we don't know yet that he is a scientist...

20. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    While WFC isn't a straight G1 clone, its the closest thing to it i think we'll see on current consoles. And the devolopers them selves have said this is more of a G1 reboot so it makes sense that Air Raid (Aerialbots) and Breakdown (Stunticons) are there. Same with all the other characters that may be on Cybertron that in the original G1 cartoon, weren't created until after they were on earth. And i'm sure they'll flesh out all of the bio's a lot more closer to the release date. :wink: