In prep for the possible uk overtake - one person's help needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kenny278, May 26, 2008.

1. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Hi guys n gals

Trying to make sure all this works well so I can help out the community with the animated episodes.

Unless someone else is doing this too?

I have my pc linked to the recorder - I have to convert the file to a more common used one. all seems to be working well except one thing, when I play the file in windows media player it looks a bit squashed up... any other player it works fine .. perfect widescreen ratio

What I need is if I upload the file... if someone can download it and test it to make sure it plays ok.. its 400mb though!

Its the headmaster episode btw..

also if someone can give me a quick and easy lesson in doing torrents would make things easier when the time comes also

Will upload the file now anyway .. will take a while!

2. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

ok have cut it to 80mb...only about 5 minutes worth for testin..

come on someone? anyone?

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    PM me the link and I'll test it as a download. Oh and you should easily be able to squash that down to 150-200 meg :) 

What format does your recorder save it in? And erm not MASSIVELY sure how to do a torrent :D  hehe. Should be easy enough to find out though.

edit: here you go - http://www.mininova.org/upload

Making a torrent itself is pretty easy, if you've got a bittorrent client it should have an option in the "file" menu or something like that :) 

4. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Pm'ed your way

It comes out as a pvr format - can only get it to mpg format and I guess convert that to avi .. can edit out the ad's etc etc easy enough

Don't want to compress it too much and loose quality though..

Cheers for the link - will get reading :)