In Need Of Help Or Some Kind Of Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    B-but all of that has already happened! Kickback offered an opinion that made a lot of sense and most of the rest of the folks in this thread discussed it, and the OP's opinion, in a civil manner.

2. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Though I do agree with you that some of the "advice" given has been less advice and more attacking, I think that the issue with this particular thread is two-fold. I don't want to presume to speak for the other posters, but it seems to me that the issues here are:

1. Some people don't think that Asperger's is a real disorder. As such, they have mocked the disorder.

2. This I think is the biggest cause for most of the harsh words: the OP doesn't have a job and lives on SSI.

It's really good that you're able to move past your disorder and not give it control over your life. I don't think that anyone here would fault you for having the disorder if you are taking steps to live with it. The impression that many appear to have gotten from the OP is that he lets the disorder run his life and has yet made no effort to improve his situation or take responsibility for his life.

I think that it is good for him to now be wanting to do just that and I hope that he is able to find success in getting a job and moving to a possibly better situation. The only way that that can happen however, is if he takes ownership of his life.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

When 1 in 3 people on this board claim to have Aspergers, it becomes less of a real disorder, and more of an excuse for being an asshole.

4. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

It's an urban legend designed to give low level sociopaths and nerds something to blame their social chicanery on.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'll have you know that Asperger's is very much real, and I don't use it as an excuse for being an asshole. As a whole, I'm a very decent person. It's just people like you who don't take time to know me well enough to say that I'm not a bitch as you people think I am who I used to take my anger out on... until I learned that people like you just aren't worth my time. People like you still make me mad, sure... but from here on out I'm going to do one of two things... either put you on my ignore list or report you.

Excuse me? I'm not some low-level sociopath or nerd, and I don't blame my inability to interact socially on my condition. If you actually took time to read my previous post, it is stated that I've made improvements on my life to better prepare myself for going out in the real world, I do not allow my condition to prevent me from doing normal things like grocery shopping or hanging out with friends.

How about you just keep your stupid opinion about disorders such as Asperger's to yourself, or better yet... actually take time to learn about such disorders before going around and saying that they're "urban legends."

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh this is getting entertaining. Seriously where else could you find this entertainment in one place? Only on the TFW2005 forum! <3

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

How dare you find threads where people are bashing people with disorders such as Asperger's Syndrome as a source of entertainment? This is no joking matter.

8. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's just extra rambling that's not what I find entertaining :D . You are missing it.

9. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Catfiiiiight!

But seriously, the thread is all light hearted. No need to take offense.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Wow, I really shouldn't be surprised by now but it never ceases to amaze me just how worked-up people can get over words on a screen.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

:::gets the water hose:::

Alright girls! Rumble!

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I've totally lost my respect for you, Smkspy. Not that you care anyways.

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

See T+C the reason why people get so up in arms about this syndrome, is that a lot of people who have it use it as an excuse to behave like a moron. That applies even more for the self diagnosed. I'm sorry but this disorder is no reason to behave like an idiot. It is no excuse to treat people with disrespect. If someone treats me poorly, I don't give a rats ass that they have some disease.

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

But... but, Aspergers is serious business. It should never ever ever ever be joked about in any capacity. It's wrong, wronnngggg. Though the irony of someone with Aspergers not understanding why people can't empathize with them because of their affliction.

15. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You sir, should feel terrible about yourself. Should I get the noose for you?

16. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Then you posted 3 more times,and I'm sure you'll post again to bitch about this comment. :) 

17. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    I can do that.

I know, how dare she make fun of anybody. Joking is entirely inappropriate.

18. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Alright then, to those who feel that Asperger's is such a joke, I'd like to see how you would cope with it when/if your child should ever be diagnosed with it. And yes, it is infact a VERY difficult thing to deal with. I've just come to terms with it that hey, its part of me, and its who I am.

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I dunno about having trouble dealing with Assburger's, I'd have more trouble with suddenly finding I had a child.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL.

Was "not being able to understand jokes and general tomfoolery" on that list of symptoms for assburgers? If not, it should be.