In Need Of Help Or Some Kind Of Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Hi there.
    For everyone here, I'm Dark Galvatron, and right now I am having a bit of a problem here, one that I really need help with getting out of. You see, I'm diagnosed with Asperger's and I receive SSI each month for it. I'm 24, going on 25 in September, but over the past few years, it seems like I've managed to get myself into mess after mess, all due to my not thinking before acting behavior. Well, just yesterday while out camping, my aunt brought her kids with her and a friend of her daughter's with them. I took the girls out on a walk, hoping to go to the beach because I thought it was pretty close, according to the distance we drove.

Along the way there, the one girl started acting up, and just plain not listening. Finally after about a few minutes of it, I got irritated and just cussed her out all the way back, and then she ran into her mom's tent and started telling her mom I said I'd hit her or that I'd hit her mom until she died, and I never did say any of this, but my aunt rushes out of the tent and starts yelling at me that I never threaten her kid's life or her life for that matter, otherwise she'd kick my ass. Finally, I just cussed her out as well and screamed at her to get out of my face with God only knows how many campers around, and then my mom drove me back to my house, because I demanded to come back.

All the way back, my mom keeps on bringing up past messes in life that I've made, which she's had to clean up, since to her I'm obviously incapable of cleaning them up, and I usually go to her, and now she's talking about wanting to put me on medications or something because I have a bad temper and an attitude problem at times. Here's my opinion on all of this though:

1. It seems whenever I'm not around my family and just around my friends or whoever does not cause me stress, I seem to do fine and everything seems okay.

2. My mom is constantly and has constantly been, threatening me for the past 2 years now that she has enough dirt over my head to put me away or have me declared mentally incompetent.

3. She has also told me if I leave the state of Ohio, with/without her consent/knowledge, she'll find me, declare me incompetent in a court of law, and then see to it I never see my SSI again.

A long time back, like a few months ago, she finally said she'd drop it and stop with threatening me with this situation, but she has not quit since, and I understand her frustration, and I have tried not once, not twice, but several times to get her to back down and listen to me, or at least hear me out on how I feel about the entire situation, and every time she does this, she keeps blocking out everything I'm saying and continues to tell me I am wrong. She does not care about how I feel in this situation right now and I just want to leave so badly, only because of this constant stuff that she's pulling. Yesterday on the way back, in the van it was just me and her and she sits there, looking at her cigarette and saying "Hmmm you know, I feel a little crazy myself. In fact I'm feeling so crazy I'm almost tempted to drive this van right over the edge of the road and kill us both in it, and just end it all.", while I'm already having a nervous breakdown and then that just caused it to become worst for me when she started this shit.

If there is anyone out there who can help me, please do! I need so badly to get away from Marietta and my family and all of the stress that if I don't its going to end up destroying me. Please help if possible. Right now I don't know how to drive, nor do I have the resources to leave considering I am completely broke. Not asking for money, but just for a way out of here. I do live on my own, but again I'm completely broke and my mother is constantly trying to control me as well as everything that I do and I need to find out what I can do legally.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Leave home. If your problems are made worse by being around your family, don't live around your family.

3. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I agree with Sledge. Also, your mom should never threaten you about that stuff. You have a disability, and she needs to understand. I would completely lose my shit if my mom was threatening me about going before court. You just need to tell her that you're not a child, and you can move away if you want to.

You also don't seem mentally incompetent, so the whole ordeal is bull.

4. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

If I could leave, I would. But I have absolutely no cash or money on hand right now and I'm stuck until the 1st of August. BUT! Any help with getting me out of my area would be great. I'm strongly thinking about turning her in for the threat which was made in the van.

5. robofreak

robofreak Well-Known Member

I don't mean to offend, but your mom is an idiot if she thinks she can declare you mentally incompetent over this.

You have been diagnosed with Aspergers. That form of autism doesn't affect your intelligence. It just makes it hard to socialize with certain people. In this case, your family.

What you need to do is talk to a doctor and let them know what is going on and try to see what resources are available to you for getting out of your situation.

I'm more than sure that you are capable of functioning on your own. This is apparent because you said you live by yourself. I'm assuming you can feed yourself and whatnot so there's no issue there.

Also your mother should know better than to say she has to rescue you. She should have known that you didn't threaten to kill that girl.

At the same time though, I must question just how aware of your actions you actually are.

Not trying to pick a fight here, just trying to look at the big picture. For all I know, you may have fits of psychosis in which you don't remember what you do during that time so while I'm not saying you did threaten that girl, it's still a possibility.

However, your post was written well enough for me to understand your viewpoint and how you feel. Therefore, I'll help you as much as I can.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

There are always 2 sides to every story. However, you are of age. You may leave as you want. If you feel life would be easier away from your family, by all means, part ways. Do it as amicably as you can, they are your family. Good luck.

7. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

No offense taken. Dude, I absolutely know what you mean, and of course she's an idiot. She wanted me on pills a LONG time ago, and I refused it then. So when/if I get on meds at all now, I'll just take one per day, flush it down the toilet and then call her to tell her I took my meds.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Document EVERYTHING.
    Every threat she makes, every little thing she does to you.
    i had a judge tell my mom once, "if it's not written down, it didn't happen."

so keep a journal- a concise, detailed journal minus the flourishes such as "That bitch said i was an idiiot!"- and when you are ready, leave the area.
    if she drags you to court, turn the journal in. it proves your competence and her pattern of abuse.
    WIN-WIN for you.

I don't get your disability, pardon my ignorance.
    You can't socialize?
    hell, that means all my bosses had that and all they got was the nickname 'asshole."
    sorry,
    back to topic.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't even know where to start with this.

You know he can live on his own because he said so? Really? Hey, I can fly. I said so, so it must be true, right?

And suggesting fits of psychosis? Occam's Razor much?

And his mom should know he didn't threaten the girl? How? Do you know he didn't threaten her? This random guy on the internet is unquestionably telling the truth, huh?

And Asperger's doesn't affect your intelligence? Oh, you're a medical expert also? I mean, technically, yeah, that's true. Sort of. Not really. Intelligence isn't a number in a RPG game. It's a complicated mix of factors measured in multiple ways. One standard is "social intelligence." I'd say a "syndrome" that affects your ability to socialize absolutely impairs your social intelligence. But that's just me, some dude who works in medicine for a living. What do I know.

Oh, yeah, that would be great. Seriously, awesome. Turn her in. No doubt the system will come down on her hard and your threats against the girl (real or not, and personally, I'm not committing either way) won't matter at all. And then once the system comes down on her, it'll take care of you.

Hell, yeah. Write it down. If you write it down, it happened.

Oh, wait, what if you write something down that didn't happen? Did it happen then? What if you write it down later?

Don't be absurd. Seriously, you have no business offering legal advice over the internet to some dude who's mentally disabled. You're just setting him up for failure.

For the OP, you want advice? STOP IT. Just stop it. Stop yelling. Your "syndrome" supposedly makes it difficult to read people (yes, that's an oversimplification, but whatever). It doesn't make you yell. Just don't yell. When you want to...don't. If you start yelling...stop.

You have an internet connection at your house? Cancel it, then sell your computer. And your TV, for that matter. Any video gamey stuff? Sell it. Use that money to finance a move, if you wanna move. Or use it to improve your life, whatever.

And if you don't have one, get a goddam job--and I don't care about your Asperger's. For the sake of discussion, we'll pretend that makes life difficult for you, but it's not like it keeps you from working.

I'll let someone else suggest some career possibilities.

10. robofreak

robofreak Well-Known Member

Bryan, I made my post geared around what he said. I'm assuming that if he's living on his own, then he's capable of taking care of himself.

I may not be a medical expert, but I know enough about autism to a good idea of what's going on from his description.

The truth is, I don't know if he actually threatened the girl or not. I'm assuming that if his mom understands what he has then she'd have a good idea of what he might have said.

This is why I suggested minor fits of psychosis. It's entirely possible to be unaware of the severity of a condition you have. What you think is minor, might actually be serious.

That is why I suggested it. I wanted Dark Galvatron to be aware of the possibility that he may not be as functional as he thinks. Thus why I suggested seeing a doctor.

I don't know how much of the truth Dark Galvatron has said, but I see his point of view which in it's own way is a truth as the way he sees it. The only way I'd actually what happened is if I was there when it happened. Unfortunately, I have to base my assumptions off of what he has written his version of the truth to be.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I work in the mental health field and have met people with Aspergers. The fact that you receive SSI, dont work and dont drive makes me wonder if either they have sheltered you, purposefully kept you from being independent, or something else. Youre highly intelligent, start planning your days out and setting your own precautionary coping skills for what comes at you every day, Im sure youve been told this before, but it is very important that you self regulate when you have this condition

12. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

damn bryan.... you are f***ing awesome. you took the words right out of my mouth.
    but. your not the one going through this rather sh*tty situation.
    he must be desperate to ask the internet for help

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I have Asperger's myself, but I don't have any useful advice I can give you. Sorry, wish I could.

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You don't have to base your assumption off anything he says. But whatever, dude. I'll agree that seeing a doctor is probably a solid idea. Maybe one can treat his "syndrome" 'stead of just allowing him to remain functionally a financial ward of the state.
    What do you do in the mental health field?

No, I'm not going through it. But he asked folks for advice, and I put it out there. If he only wanted a response from people going through the same thing, he'd be having an internal conversation.

15. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

The solution? Don't have Asperger's. It's just an Urban Myth anyway, like Batman or the Chupacabra.

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

[​IMG]

To the OP, stop letting your "syndrome" control your life. Stop letting your dependency upon government money control your life. I know it's hard and it'll take work (imagine that), but eventually you'll have no one to blame but yourself for your situation. Get a job, save some money, and find your own place.

17. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Well, it looks like Brian pretty much won the thread I guess.

18. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Maybe instead of threating little girl's lives,then cowardly submitting to Mom,you could get a fucking job.
    Why should you get to be a professional neckbeard at the taxpayers' expense? This is the internet,every third person here supposedly has Asperger's,yet -GASP-they go to work in the morning!!

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    oi this is becoming a flame fest somebody close this thread as obvious the OP isn't going to get the advice he asked for

20. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    If you have asperger's shouldn't you be super smart and like be able to be a brain surgeon or have a really good job? You should use the strengths of your "disorder". I read somewhere they think people like Einstein had Asperger's.

Just wanted to add I am not trying to flame at all. I'm being serious. Go out and become something great.