Fan Art: In need of help for this font.. : (

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Moy, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Hey there!

Alrights, so I've found a site that I can download the Transformers movie fonts, but how can I make it metallic, just like in the movie posters?

Do people use photoshop? I'm not too sure. thanks.
    (Attached is a sample of the fonts)

Attached Files:

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, I imagine you would need to use Photoshop for that.

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Great, well thanks, but at first I thought the fonts were already going to be metallic but they are not. Nevertheless, I'll see what others can suggest.. thanks.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yep. PS has a filter for text where you can apply a pattern inside the text. add an alpha gradient, beveled edge and with some tweaking you have TF text like the posters/ads

Try dafont.com, they have the TF font, I think It's listed under "transformers" or "robots"

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Hey F.R.!

Wasn't really expecting help from you, but thanks! Actually quite recently I found a tutorial that I will be mimicking asap. I don't know too much P.S. just yet, but it will be fun! thanks again!!:bay 

6. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

What you need is an upgrade. I have both the Neale Davidson Transformers .ttf font and the more commercially available "SF TransRobotics". The latter is closest to the Transformers official font, complete with perfectly proportioned Autobot and "Decepticon" symbols. What makes my copy different from what you can download somewhere else is that I edited the coordinates on the D'Con symbol.
    (The one that was there is perfect except the point on the crest -- which before I changed it ended as a T-shaped element.)

If you want the movie version of the Autobot symbol (on purpose), All I'd need to do is take my Font Editor and remove the arc on the rounded triangle. The Movie Decepticon symbol requires a bit more patience (and math) than I have available.

E-Mail me at Savannius@yahoo.com and I'll send you my updated copy of SF TransRobotics, as well as the Transformers and Masterforce fonts. (I forgot! The bold-faced version still has the blunt D'Con crest!)
    (Tennessean is in SF TransRobotics, Metroplex is in the much larger Transformers.)
    -- Cybertronian.

Attached Files:

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Thanks bro, but I got what I need, but if I'll need all those fonts then I'll hit you up. I'm only using the fonts for my sig on this site, nothing big, just gonna say; "CONSTRUCTICONS"... :thumb