In need of a good Marvel wiki/database

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Recall, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm new to the whole Marvel universe, I got a hold of the Secret Invasion TPB a few months ago and just got ahold of the relevant New Avengers/Mighty Avengers Secret Invasion tie ins to see what else went on and to flesh out the story.

Somethings are clearly going over my head so was after a good wiki to help fill in the blanks and cover things in detail. The only one I found was Marvel Comics Database which I've personally found very lacking and poorly written. Is there any others out there or am I stuck with just using that database?

Thanks.

2. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

index (main)

You're welcome.

Site also includes the Official Appendix to the Marvel Universe, more semi-obscure characters than you can shake the Wand of Watoomb at.

Also, many of the site contributers have done official work for Marvel's encyclopedias, so much of what they have made up (like real names for characters who never had any) has become canon.

- Coeloptera

3. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Did you get Secret Invasion Infiltration TPB? This had some good filler information on the events leading upto the main event. Some of the latter New Avengers issues had some important revelations on what really happend in certain instances that weren't explained in the main event.

I used the Marvel Digital comics to get caught up on the things I missed. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss the Secret Invasion and maybe I can answer your questions, or even find answers to questions I didn't even come up with .

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I'm a Marvel Wiki

Seriously, I know a lot about it.

5. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

The official Marvel site has a pretty good data base itself and the best part is that it's all canon.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    A few lines about the characters don't cover all the stories though.

I was just after some thing that covered each comic, noted things about it and mentioned what other things are connected to it like a wiki.

Maybe I'm just spoilt due to using TFwiki so much :lol 

Cheers for all the links people :D 

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Check the Appendix. www.marvunapp.com/Appendix The entries are much larger and list issues as well as having links to other entries, related entries, and ones she might be confused with.

For example, here is the entry for Skrull Empress S'Byll: S'Byll (Skrull empress)

- Coeloptera