In Hand 8 Case Fresh TRU MP Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by trunks24410, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redsaleen

redsaleen Well-Known Member

the overseas people will jump at these, I want to know how the store let you buy a case, mine would only let me take one.

2. ZeBanshee

ZeBanshee Decepticon

not to be a ass or anything but most of these ppl have good points your selling them at to high a price also if you went out an bought 8 of these you really don't have a problem with gas money since you just dropped 624+ dollars of a toy that is just now coming out yes its not out everywhere yet heck its not out were i live yet do i want one yes am i willing to pay more then retail only if i want the jap one

3. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Yes, 55 was the price on the TRU site yesterday morning when it was up for like 4 hours on sale.

I bought TC at retail and he was 74.19 with tax. So I doubt you paid 77.16 per TC.

I'm sorry people are not being more welcoming to you here, but please understand since TC came out a lot of people have been dealing with not being able to get him at retail because scalpers grab up a bunch leaving none for collectors.

That being said, this is not a time to be offering at a higher price. He's just come out and all. I think it might have been a good idea to get a feel for how things are here before trying to sell these here. But that still doesn't justify the name calling and such.

4. trunks24410

trunks24410 Member

Depends on the store. I wait at one when they 1st opened and they only gave me one so I drove to another and they had 4 on the shelves and a case in the back and they let me buy them all. I would say I got lucky but if you had a chance to read everything that was negatively said I am something else....

5. swbruni

swbruni Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here on this board we fellow collectors Help each other out .... How You ask ???? by not trying to charge scalper prices for our fav. toys...yes they are only TOYS and they will make more You can bet on that in Dec. around X-mas time....

6. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow.. a lot of hate in this thread. I agree that he's asking too much but calling him names is just absurd. Show some respect!!

7. trunks24410

trunks24410 Member

Tax is different everywhere you go but thats not even the point. I respect the majority of the opinions in here that dont attack me directly but I still find it funny how fired up some people get...

8. Have A Cygar

Have A Cygar Well-Known Member

Different states have different sales tax, some easily as high as 9.5 or 10%, so it is very possible that he paid $77.16 each after tax. I live in California, where it would be $76.11 after tax.

9. tearfromthered

tearfromthered Active Member

If I were you trunks, I'd go price protect them at the store, get your cash back and sell them at 80.00 bucks, it's basically retail and you're still making a bit... Either way driving from one store to another to clean them out is shitty

10. redsaleen

if your set on selling them for that price, just hold them to christmas... now was not the time to be saying you bought 8 at once. you could have bought 3 and sold 2 to say you were just doing it to pay for yours, but you flat out pillaged your stores for quick cash.

11. unlimited02

unlimited02 Well-Known Member

man this PLASTIC CRACK is getting us good... ppl fighting for food... where fighting over MP TC hahaha... =D

12. LamboTwinLove

You were lucky. And that's why people are mad. You essentially took 8 chances for 8 other people to get one for the retail price. And you're new so no one knows if you're a cool or if you're trying to capitalize like the scalpers have been doing since this guy hit shelves. Did you even buy one of thse for yourself?

See, here we are at a point that this figure JUST came out. So if people are selling them here most are looking to help members out and sell them at retail plus shipping and not mark them up. If a member her buys multiple we help each other out. It's not like this figure is sold out everywhere and out of production. So yeah, people are gonna be pissed because it looks like you grabbed these just to take your investment and get some more money.

Now I get you spent gas, but again, did you even buy one for yourself? If so, well your as was covered there, you were going out to buy one for yourself anyway.

Whatever. I'm not going to be an ass to you. Just trying to explain why people are pissed. I don't agree with what you're doing but it not a crime or anything. Good luck selling I suggest if you want to get some karma points to try and help out members here who are not in the US looking for this guy.

13. fordjuse

fordjuse Banned

Hey man, do not let name calling and negativity get the better of you. The guys complaining are ones WITHOUT 1. The bottom line is you have the CASH. Bought as MANY as you want. MORE IMPORTANTLY sell to MAKE PROFIT!!! All a FREE MARKET in the land of opportunity of the USA !!! That is how Walmart, Target, K mart, etc... got thier business starts!!! Free Market showcased HERE!!! Best of luck man.

BTW, Those look cool as army builders!!!

14. trunks24410

trunks24410 Member

I would be open to help. I sell alot on ebay but wanted to try something different but never again.

15. LamboTwinLove

Again, I am sorry people attacked you. It's a tough situation. You have to understand that you're new, with no feedback here and then essentially even if you didn't mean it to come off as such bragging that you grabbed 8 of these. It's hard for people to swallow when they've been dealing with not being able to find him in their stores, seeing the high ebay prices because scalpers grab these up like you did and then missing the chance to get him when the TRU.com had it up for a brief 4 hours or something.

And no one knows you here. So for all we know you ARE one of those scalpers trying to capitalize here. It doesn't justify the things that have been said to you in any way. I mean people could have ignored this thread completely but instead they lashed out at what appears to be a source of their frustrations.

I'm sorry it's just not an easy situation revolving around this toy.

16. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

This coming from someone who does the same thing, so why am I not surprised. Yeah, it's a free country and you have the right to do this, but it doesn't necessarily justify what you're doing. I'm fortunate enough to basically buy whatever I want. For example, I recently bought a TRU MP Optimus Prime, which hasn't hit the states yet. Though it will retail at a lower price here, I was willing to pay more to get it so I don't have to deal with this crap down the road. However, there are people who are less fortunate and have to save up money just to buy a piece like this. They're depending on getting it at retail and when people buy all of them up to sell at a higher price, they get screwed.

17. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

It's great to try something different, but at the same time, you need to read and understand the community that you're selling to. You shouldn't find it "funny" that people get "riled up" about these things. You're on a TOY COLLECTOR WEBSITE. Collectors can be very picky people. I'm sure you've had a buyer on ebay that has been amazingly anal about something they've purchased from you, so you shouldn't be surprised about the reaction you're getting from some of us.

Not everyone views your offer as altruistic, especially those with limited funds.

18. trunks24410

trunks24410 Member

Thank you Lambotwin. I guess I opened Pandoras box but in no way was this meant to Brag or show off. Take care...

19. redsaleen

this is once again on hasbro, the don't make enough..... soundwave is going to be a even bigger mess.

20. trunks24410

trunks24410 Member

Point taken FX but im sure you read what was said so finding it funny is better then getting personal as some people did. Good luck all and thanks for making my evening interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.