In defense of the TF toy lines. before the movie verse toys happened

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The Transformers toys & media francise were doing great in sales in around the world before the movieverse toys came on the scene.

While the AEC media & toy years from 2002 to 2006 was going on. The Transformers toy line was the best selling action figure toy line in America. During AEC's toys reign Hasbro was finally able to beat out all of Bandai's & all competitors in action figure sales in the America retail market. to the point hasbro Trnsformers brand got the #1 best selling action figure toy line in america based off toy sales.

From 1996 to 2006 Hasbro had tons of successful TF toy lines high sales. the only real toy line that was a failure in sales was Beastmachines toys.

The 2007 movie toy line had really great sales in american retail stores. ROTF had decent toy sales but not nearly as a big sales success like the 2007 movie toys had. The DOTM movie toys were a huge failure in toy sales profits compared to 2007 & ROTF toy sales.

Nest,HFTD & RTS toys did badly in stores as far as sales went. due to retail stores refusing to carry these lines in decent quanity numbers. the reason was Retail stores in america had no pegs or shelf space to stock these figures due to so many ROTF toys being shelf & pegs warmers.

Would the TF franchise continued to have decent sales from 2007 thru 2012 in this bad econmoy without the movie verse's help. this is unknown.

Once again,Having the Transformers toy lines during AEC Years. get the best selling action # 1 figure category in sales in America. beating out Bandia,mattel & other competitors is no small feat. doing all this does not equal the horrible years,failure toy lines or barely noticeable ghost TF toy lines. this equals succcess long before the movie verse toys & media came on the scene.

It doesn't matter if newer members here didn't live thru the 1996 thru 2006 TF toys & media years success. and came on to the scene recently or got brought back due to the movie verse. what matters is the AEC toy years gave hasbro the number #1 best selling action figures TF toy band in america title. Transformers was a successful franchise long before the movie verse appeared. While some here didn't watch BW,BM,RID,AEC on TV & got drawn in from the theathre TF Live action movies success. this doesn't erase the fact that the transformers cartoons from 1996 thru 2006 Were on high ranking networks that received the highest amount of viewers watching their networks.

The 1996 thru 2006 TF toy lines & cartoons were in the high spotlight of viewers & toy buyers. they were not hidden under the radar in the retail stores basements or put on public access or low viewrship networks. Most stores from 1996 thru 2006 had bigger TF toy sections in stores than they currently did during DOTM & right now in 2012. Having TF cartoons on FOX & CN meant more watch them then they do now on the HUB. Because at the time FOX kids was free for all to watch. local networks always get more viewers. CM at the time & now is the king of the most viewers watching the network due to it being on a low tier cable or satelite payment plan.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The AEC years were solid for Hasbro, but I don't think they were any where near as rosy as you are making out. Armada yes did extremely well, Energon though was infamous for the exact kind of shelf-warming you level at RotF preventing new toys from coming through particularly in the Mega size class.

Also, highest amount of viewers on their networks? Armada maybe, Energon was dumped in an early morning death slot where few could see it.

I respectfully question where you are getting your stats for this, as what you are saying does not seem to add up with what I personally recall.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, if we're just talking from personal experience (unless you have some numbers?) Everything before the movies barely got to local stores in my country. It was the first movie that brought the franchise back to our stores. Thanks to that, I could enjoy a lot of the Animated toyline (even if we skipped some waves).

Before all of that, we just had some toys here and there, often skipping most of the toyline. I didn't see a single Armada toy and just a few Energon/Cybertron figures. And I mean a few, maybe less than 10 molds.

Also I'm not sure what your point even is. It's like you had this discussion going on with someone then decided to post a new thread with a long answer to nobody.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Armada is still probably the 3rd best selling TF line, right behind movie 1 (2nd place) and ROTF (1st). And while the AEC era may not have been failures, the movie lines pushed the transformers brand to a higher level. Well above what it was before. So no matter how well AEC did, they'll still be second best to the movie lines.

5. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Simple facts are getting Transformers toys from 2002 to 2006 were the #1 highest sales in the action figure category in America. this equals success not failure.

BW & BM were on Fox Kids. local networks get the most viewers watching due to it being on a free network available to all. CN is the highest viewership watched network compared to it compeitors. so even put in bad time slots got more viewers than the hub due to so many viewers watching the CN network.

To break it down in easier terms more viewers watch the CN network from 6 am thru 7 am that they do in prime time slots on the hub. Most AEC TF cartoons eventually got put in the 6 am to 7 am time slots.

Bad time slots are any programs that air from 3 am to 6 am on that persons time zone. these are noted bad time slots. because some network at those times get such bad ratings they have to rent out air space to the adverise spammer products commerical type selling shows like as seen it on tv products.

Might I add,as others before me have noted. Having AEC cartoon put on during 6 am to 7 am in the morning are not bad time slots. most TF fans have argued their beyond great time lots. as most said kids wake up for school around 6 am. while kids are getting dressed,bath & eat breakfast. kids catch a few minutes of the 6 am to 7 am TF cartoon on CN.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    In other words, you have no actual source, and you're just guessing based on what network the shows were on.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well for what its worth, I remember stores in my area having 1 large toy isle for boys toys, and then another (usually not as large) for girls toys. When I go to places now, it almost seems like there's at least twice the volume of everything, and probably even more if I was to take into account that stores themselves are much smaller where I live now, compared to the places where I lived before.

8. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Sorry I don't live in your country. Thats why I listed america retail store sales in my thread.

The sales numbers for the Transformers toy brand get listed on-line by Hasbro themselves & others official sources. Most TF fan sites copy & paste this info for all the fans to see. This TF sales info is available for all to see, Four times per year in yearly quarters.

According to on-line action figure sales in america from 2002 thru 2006. The Transformers brand was at the time the #1 selling in sales in the action figures category in america. all of this got highly doucumented on most TF fans sites for all fans to view & read.

9. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    Then actually link some of your sources. I'm not saying you're wrong. But saying 'It's totally documented' over and over without linking your sources makes you look like you're hiding something or don't know what you're talking about.

10. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Most networks post all their viewerships rating online thru their web sites,press releases,at conventions & other venues. CN sometimes even goes a step further by posting their viewership rating on TV during the shows commericial breaks. CN often reveals shows ratings for adult swim & saturday night toonami.

If you want to find out the CN & HUB rating for each show. this is easy to do. all this info gets revealed on the networks web sites,on-line press releases & elsewhere. This is where I get all this info from. a low level newbie computer surfer can find all this info in one hour. as it's easily available to all to view.

11. Chalice

News Credits:
    Yes, we do all have access, but this is YOUR argument, not ours. The burden of proof is on you.

12. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder why the OP is ignoring such a simple request?

13. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Wait, if it's that easy to find this info, then it wouldn't have been too hard to have provided links to strengthen your argument. Otherwise your argument in the defense of the AEC toyline seems kinda baseless.

14. Hellbot

Hellbot Jaeger

Maybe I missed it, but where is the statistical data? Or sources for that matter?

15. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Needs moar sauce.

16. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get the feeling this might turn into one of those "he tell me" threads.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Basically, this.

Oh I think we know :D 

As Chalice has stated, the burden of proof is on the OP. The OP who has lately been on a tear trying to take down anything movieverse related it seems. If he has stats, I'll be happy to see them, but until then he's still just hollering into the wind...

18. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I didn't create this thread to play games.

Almost all of you guys busting my chops for source info links. are well aware of this documented TF toy sales on-line info that gets posted by Hasbro & then reposted on all the top TF fan sites.

TFW2005 news site & boards always post the Hasbro Transformers toy sales on-line released to the public data info every 3 months,4 times a year.

TFW2005 is one of the top TF sites that keeps posting every year. that Transformers is the #1 highest in action figures toy sales in America. TFW2005 gets this info from Hasbro & other official sources posting this TF toy sales data info on-line.

Once again,sorry I am not playing games with anyone here. I am not going to look for source links & waste my time. when most here know this info & are prentending not to know it. for the sole purpose of trying to incite arguments in threads,derailing & ruining threads.

19. Chalice

News Credits:
    Dude, that's just sad. If you're not willing to back up your damn claims, don't waste people's time with them.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You already wasted your time by putting up this thread. If you want people to listen to you, you post sources to support your argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.