In box pics of Botcon 2012 exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Apr 4, 2012.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    This is probably the first year where I legitimately don't feel sad for not being able to go to BotCon (since, you know, it's half way across the world from here....) - not that that's actually a good thing. Every other year, I wanted to go (and obviously never could - it's a lot of money just to attend a convention, but maybe one day), but all the news about BotCon this year is so disappointing.

I guess the most important thing is socializing with friends and what not but somehow, I don't think it'd be easy to persuade any of my friends to go on a trip to America to attend a Transformers convention. They'd probably never speak to me again if I even so much as asked..... Okay, that's just an exaggeration, but still.... I hope FunPub does a better job next year.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

agreed, while the overlord and metalhawk are cool. the others are just the same cliche done before.

really? did we really need more "evil" versions of these characters, as opposed to making new ones?

there is only 2 toys *the top two* i'd even want. so screw it. total pass.

i thought they said last year that they were going to try something new this year? i guess that didn't last long :lol 

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There is no evidence that suggests that Hasbro is behind the 3rd party crackdown. For all we know, Funpub could be using Hasbro's name to further it's own agenda. We honestly don't know.

Yes, they were victim of hackers, but they did next to nothing to protect themselves and their consumers from the attack. Their website had terrible security; they stored our personal information in their database, unencrypted I might add, without our permission; not to mention hackers had hacked into their website years prior and had being able to steal info whenever they pleased, and Funpub didn't find out until years later.

And when they did get hacked: they shifted the blame on to their consumers; refused to send out an email to their members, and it was only after we had badgered them over twitter, Facebook and on this very board, did they finally decide to send out an email, and even then, the email had little to no info and again shifted blame to their consumer base; took forever to take the store down; when a temporary store went up, they didn't automatically reset people's passwords and instead people had to reset it manually; they didn't wipe people's compromised info from the old website, so people had to fill it with dummy info; sent a member his credit card info, completely readable, on his receipt; added an auto renewal service to the new site, that would automatically renew a person's membership if their credit card information was in the site; told people that if they clicked the cancel button on their membership page on the new site, that it would cancel the auto renewal, later saying that the cancel button cancelled their membership; and that's not even mentioning all of the shit that went down on twitter and Facebook.

No matter how you or other people would like to spin it, Funpub screwed up and I have no sympathy for them.

I read that and I respectfully disagree with it. Funpub stuffed up and they should pay for it by having their license revoked.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  4. TuEstPwned

TuEstPwned Autobot Recon Agent

Eh, I'll wait for Sir Soundwave to go on Ebay, then I'll buy it...provided they aren't asking 100 dollars a piece for it.

5. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who is selling the Road Rage Tracks,pls PM me,LOL

6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    While I can't cite someone (that is, Pete) having said so, the idea that FunPub would make this change without Hasbro having forced them to do so is pretty hard for me to accept as even a remote possibility.

7. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $50 for the toy... and $100 for the headband.

8. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Very disappointing set. Meh IMHO.

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not every toy is perfect,hence it applies to this boxset as well.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, he looks huge in this image...

why would you buy the box set if you don't want it? and then just let it sit around? that doesn't make any sense to me at all...

ah, glad we have the reason narrowed down finally...

that would actually be really awesome... maybe he's a spy or something too?

wtf... this post had me rolling... i don't even understand the hate, but it's hilarious...

agreed...

also agreed... not every toy is for every person... this set is definitely hit or miss... but one persons hit is anothers miss... unlike last year, which everyone who loved Animated loved, while those who hated Animated hated... it's part of life... it's starting to just sound like people are pissed off because they don't want to buy the whole set...

11. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Botcon's latest statement through Twitter offers a hint toward the souvenir sets:

"The souvies, when teamed with the box set, is going to make for one AMAZING offering...4 factions. Epic battle."

By four factions, I assume they mean Autobot, Decepticon, and the SG version of each. So far we have:

Autobot: Metalhawk,
    Decepticon: Gigatron,
    SG Autobot: Ultra Magnus, Turbo Tracks
    SG Decepticon: Soundwave, Treadshot

Plus, there is the rumored SG Junkion 3-pack and the SG version of deluxe G2 Prime (which may have just been a custom). So, since there are usually three sets of souvenir sets, the SG Junkions would be one of them, and SG G2 Prime would either be within another set, or the freebie figure. What else is there that's been confirmed/semi-confirmed?

Looks to be an EXTREMELY Shattered Glass-heavy set. Makes me happier that I passed.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  12. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Like Shatterd Glass Threadshot! Maybe he is Ukrainian and not Swedish though, who knows.

Octopunch from HFTD Seaspray. He was rumord and we have seen him so I guess there is no question of him being one of them.
    Also rumored; Spinister from Tomahawk, SG Swindle from Universe2.0 Hound and Kick-Off from Generations Jazz.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, it does seem a bit heavy on the SG... but i guess we'll see at the con... i wonder what that tweet means... if all the rumors are true, there's only 1 true Autobot, maybe 2 if Kickoff isn't SG... and maybe 2 Decepticons, counting Spinister and Overlord...

14. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    6 boxset
    1 attendee
    2 x 2 packs
    3 pack
    So 14

SG Autobots 5
    Magnus Tracks Junkions
    SG Decepticons 3
    Soundwave, Octopunch, Treadshot
    Autobots 2
    Metalhawk, Jackpot,
    Decepticons 2
    Overlord, Spinister

That would leave two to go, if thats an Autobot and Decepticon its pretty even just the SG autobots have an extra 2 because of the junkions. Course if Jackpot is SG or SG Swindle or Prime are amongst the remaining two then it would be SG heavy.

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I'm still really hoping the SG Junkion 3-pack is real. 3 unique head sculpts already exist for these toys, To do a three pack in Insecticon colors just seems a slam dunk, and I'm not even that big a fan of SG Autobots.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ I must be the only person who that does nothing for. I've heard good character ideas for them, but not enough to get me to buy that toy theme.

17. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unless you're going to call them straight liars, this is coming from Hasbro. Per Brian, to me, DIRECTLY on the phone, the language in the dealer contract came straight out of Hasbro Legal. Pete has confirmed this. There is no reason to discount it.

I'm not defending them but you have a seriously flawed statement here. It was not "years". It was several months since the initial security breach, and that is not terribly uncommon. I'm not going to comment on what their security was or wasn't, because I don't know what their security measures were and they're not going to share that. Massive data breaches of personal information are happening to much larger companies with far more resources to put against it every single day, as well. This may well have happened no matter what, because there is literally no such thing as a perfectly secure system. If you had any idea how often this kind of thing happens you would cover in a corner and refuse to touch a computer.

Oh, and at no time did they EVER shift the blame onto their members that anyone has been able to show, and I've requested to see that claim substantiated numerous times.

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I think it's a neat idea... the Insecticons have nice colors so I'm sure they'd look good on a biker gang. But I'm not personally interested in them because I only want Junkions who look like they'd actually fit in with RTS Wreck-Gar, so I'll save the money

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The whole "they blamed the fans" came from here: https://www.transformersclub.com/tccccinfo.cfm

The information they ask for makes it sound like they are saying the fraud happened due to customer negligence, instead of a security breach.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Id love to get that Botcon Octopunch as I never owed the Moves Seaspray toy b4.