In a sudden quandry

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Apr 26, 2011.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so unlike lots of people on here, I am REALLY looking forward to the dotm toys. However I was dumb and didn't keep track of my purchases lately, so I don't have enough cash to get all the dotm toys I wanted to get on release date. I always purchase 2 of each toy so I can display them in robot mode and alt mode at the same time.

so My question is, if you were me, would you go out and get what you could on release day, then the rest little by little. Or should I save up all the money I need to get all the figures I want?

thanks.

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Just go out and get one of each to display in mid-transformation. You save money and get the best of both worlds display-wise.

~Z

3. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would get the ones that are less common in the wave on release day. Then get the common ones little by little later on.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is going to be a tonne of them, no need to worry

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Just get one of each instead. Maybe that way, you can get all of the figures you wanted and not miss anything.

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    If money's an issue you shouldn't be wasting it on toys.
    Get an education/skill. Make buckets of money. Roll around in plastic crack.

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This. Buy whatever there is less of. worry about the rest later.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Best. Answer. Ever.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I am in the same boat so to speak,I just got my bill for my car insurance yesterday and to add on top of that I got a traffic ticket about a week ago for $75 that has to get paid the same day as the DotM figures come out on the 16th,so now I am gonna have about $150 less to get all the goodies I want.I guess my only solution is to sell some stuff so I have the money to spend on my plastic crack addiction.

Oh and to the OP I say do like me and sell some useless crap like GIJoes or Starwars figs to get what you want.Later.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd save my money and maybe buy a figure or two and use the rest of my money for important things.

11. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is going to be a metric crap ton of all of those figures. I wouldnt worry

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As others have said, I wouldn't anticipate any of the early releases ending up as unusually rare. Most or all of the RotF stuff was very easy to find when they were first released.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My advice is don't overspend. As others have said, there will be plenty. If you can find it get what you want most first if you would prefer to have it asap, but don't buy them all right away because you're afraid they'll become hard to find. They won't. :) 

14. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i don't get buying two of the same exact figure just to display one in alt mode. if there's already a car, why would you need to transform the robot? if you wouldn't transform the car, why would you spend money on it? just print out some concept camaro photo and put it next to the bumblebee figure.

15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sadly, I have to admit that I clicked on this thread just to use word association and figure out what "quandry" meant, lol.

But, as for the post itself... even being newer to collecting, I already know a lot better than letting this shit put you in any sort of bind, especially with mass ordered things like movie figures... the fact that you'll still be able to buy wave one figures this time next year should pretty much ease any worry about what to get right now.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think you're unclear on the point.

The idea is to show off the figure's sculpting, paint and engineering in both forms by having the two side-by-side on display.

By that logic there's no point to owning the toy at all, you could just print out a picture of it in both modes and pin them up on your wall. :/

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I do dislike that about owning multiples of a mold though. If I display them each in one mode..I'm much less likely to transform it and that just breaks the fun of a transformer to me.

18. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

No, when you own the toy, even only one of it, you still get both modes. (in fact, to me, that's the point of it being a transformer.)

But then again, i grab figures every now and then, fiddle with them, transform them and put them back on the shelf. if i want to show my friends the engineering of the figure, i show by simply transforming it. i'm not running a museum afterall.

Ps: If people get two masterpiece Megatrons, by your reasoning, i'd approve it. :) 

This.

19. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol. Dont worry guys. It's not like I'm going bankrupt. I have a college degree, and a job in IT. My wife is in between jobs for a month, cause she is leaving 1 job and starting another. So we have 1 month when she isn't getting paid. Normally we pay our mortgage, bills and whatnot, then we give each of ourselves 200 bucks a month play money. We spend that on whatever we want for ourselves. Whatever is left goes into our savings or retirement fund.