Improvments/New Features we hope to see in WFC2 HIGH MOON STUDIOS

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by se-gul, Mar 19, 2011.

1. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

I have seen a lot of postings with our hopes of what will be done for WFC2 but I thought we should have a thread that hopefully the developers come across and read our opinions

I know for one I am looking forward to having host migration and all the other internet issues resolved for WFC2.

Please, allow use to create clans and clan tags, I would think this helps the longevity of an online shooter, especially for a game in the transformers community, that's done well.

The ability to "Prime" more than once would give veteran 'formers something to do when they have done everything else.

I'm not sure if others would agree with me but larger maps that aren't symmetrical and can hold at least 8 on 8 matches, and still not feel like your roaming forever looking for someone... that would be a large scale robot war at its finest.

Just a few ideas to hopefully kick of a thread the developers take a look at.

2. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Splitscreen and local multiplayer.

There was absolutely no excuse not to have it.

3. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    yes there was. split screen is fine for first person games, but a third person shooter? Come on, unless you have a MASSIVE screen, you're not going to be able to see what's going on.

4. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I can play third person just fine with splitscreen on a CRT screen. Even then, it's still not a good reason to nix the option of playing with your friends in the same room.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Just want to see more characters.

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Split Screen, horizontally, not vertically.
    More characters.
    Bigger variety of maps.
    1 or 2 more classes.
    More guns.

That's it :D 

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Better customization options. When I heard about character customization I got really excited but then was a real downer to see how limited it actually was.

We've got literally a TON of different chassis but some classes still only have ONE to choose from unless you use a Mod to get a one that shouldn't actually be there. We should be able to choose any character we want with limited restrictions (and the restrictions should be limited to unlockable characters but then be unlocked to every class.) I'm OK with different classes having different abilities, that's what makes them different classes but not limit the chassis.

Secondly instead of using a Mod to make Autobots as Decepticons or vice versa how about just putting the chassis in both selections anyway just with different faction symbols. The point of costume characters is that they are suppose to be who WE want them to be not who they actually are. If I wanted to play as Optimus Prime I wouldn't be customizing his chassis with a different color scheme now would I?

And last but most important, IMPROVED COLOR PALLETS. There's absolutly no reason that Decepticons shouldn't have the same color section as Autobots. And for my sake and other color blind persons who could be playing, can we get a mouse over color name feature? Meaning if you point at a color the name of that color will appear so color blind people can read it.

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Split screen local play, better online (less lag and stuff like that), more characters, more maps, more customization, an option to mute annoying kids with mics, and a longer campaign

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Host Migration and better online multiplayer are the real musts for me.

Also transformation moves like the ROTF game. I liked being able to use my transformation to take enemies down. And faster transformations at that. I can't count how many times I died because it took too long to get into car mode to escape.

10. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to be able to play as anyone on the single player campaign after beating the game of course. I want to play as all the character that are unlocked for more than just horde mode.

11. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

More characters obviously, and a bigger variety of choices of characters in campaign. If the Japanese TF PS2 game can do this and have the story adjust accordingly, then a current gen game should be able to

Lighter enviroments

Cut down on the glitches (seriously...make it stop. So many glitches)

Add MP modes with bots, for those that enjoy the game modes but don't always want the hassle of online play. Ala Black Ops, Perfect Dark, or Battlefront series

Balance out the classes a bit more in MP

more in-depth character customization in MP

discourage the damn bunny hopping in MP

host migration (its 2011)

do something to stop weapon thievery in Escalation (this has disgusted me so much, I stopped playing)

Playing Black Ops recently, I realized how bad WFC MP is. Black Ops has its share of problems, but nothing compared to WFC.

12. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

My goodness,the bunny hoping is a bit out of control.

Something else that was posted earlier was the fact that when we die we seem to pop, we should be taking damage before we die, that would look nice imo.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Unfortunately it's not something you can fix. Jumping is an essential ability, and hampering it in any way only hurts people like us who use it properly.

What do you mean by this? You take damage before you die. That's what your health bar is for.

But TBH, that game sucked HARD. In story and gameplay.

This is also something they can't fix. Unless you mean when you buy weapons, and people snatch them from you. In which case it's very simple. They should make the weapon spawn right onto you, or remove the weapon buying stations altogether and just have weapons around the map you can pick up normally.

14. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

Yeah I know. Its a big part of Black Ops MP too, but I don't see people bunny hopping around, spamming grenade launchers. Maybe they should reconsider the enviroments and take out double jump. That would go a long way to fixing the problem.

TBH both stories sucked lol. I'm not saying it should be like the JP game in terms of story or gameplay, just in the way it utilizes the character roster in campaign. There's no reason for it, especially considering the JP game had both English and Japanese dialogue, and lots of it. It also adds lots of replayability.

That's what I mean. That was the last time I turned this game on. It seems its been a recurring problem too often lately. I gave the player a bad review and rating, but that doesn't really help anything. I don't think anybody pays attention to that stuff. Too bad there isn't friendly fire to kill them..except for yet another glitch that happens in Escalation.

They could either take out the notion of point sharing, at least when it comes to weapons (leave it in for other things). That's what CoD does for zombies (their version of Escalation). Or just have weapons automatically given to you when you're standing on the dispenser, the way they do shields, energon, or ammo.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I would like to see the 'hold X to slowly fill up the bar to buy this' go. Nazi Zombies does it better. You have the points, you get the purchase, its instant. The only exception should be the doors, otherwise they would never get opened.

Also fix the damn delay on pick-ups spawning and being able to actually grab them.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I meant story modes.

Too bad it never made you want to replay it.

17. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

Actually I did wanna replay it haha. And I use "wanna" loosely. Just to unlock the characters, and experience the different stories mostly. Learning how to cheese it up (the spin move) was the only thing that made it bearable for me. But I probably replayed it about as much as I did WFC campaign (which I replayed for achievements, and the dialogue was damn good).

Yeah. Treat it like care packages in CoD. If somebody else is trying to steal your care package, it takes them longer to retrieve it. Like they'd have to hold down X longer than you do to steal a weapon your standing on.

18. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Split Screen/Local Multiplayer
    More characters
    More melee combat attack things that do and don't include some kind of sword, lie Batman kind of
    Switch characters anytime in single player
    Destructible environments

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    - Host migration.
    - Better customization.
    - Bots.
    - More characters.
    - Less glitches.
    - Editable elements.
    - Split screen.
    - More statistics.
    - Theater mode.

A multiplayer beta would also be nice.

That's pretty much all I really want, honestly. Anything additional will just be icing on the cake for me.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  20. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

More interactive maps, perhaps some that had sentries, and moving trains inside them, elavators in mp would also be a nice feature, and destructable enviroments