Improvements for Megatron figures in TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Looking back on them, the two leader class Megatron molds we've gotten for the movie franchise are lacking a bit. The first one was way too clunky and horrible, no head articulation either, and don't even get me started on the transformation. The second one was a bit of an improvement. Much easier transformation this time around, we got him in silver/grey for the first release but he still had no head articulation and the arms were crap. One was too skinny and the other had a massive cannon with no elbow joint. And his head is so tiny compared to his massive shoulders.

I've noticed a trend that the voyager figures have always surpassed them, why? Is it that Megatron's design just overall integrates better with the voyager class size?

If this rumor is true that ( Potential spoilers for TF3!)
    this heavy armored tractor trailer is the alternate mode of Megatron
    then I hope it translates well into toy mode.

Things I want to see
    -Head rotation (Be even better if they put it on a heavy ball joint)
    -Proportionate limbs and head
    -Cover his face up better in his alternate mode
    -Rotating waist if possible
    -Fully articulated arms with wrist swivel and articulating fingers
    -Better, more elaborate paint scheme

Whats your opinion on the Megatron toys we've gotten for the last two movies and what improvements could the line use for the third film?

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    A more complex transformation.

Seems kind of like Prime will be a retool of the last one... so hopefully that means the'yll have more time to spend on Megatron.

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

There isn't going to be any ball jointed leader sized toys. ball jointed heads seems to be cancelled for the bigger TF toys. my guess is due to the heads popping off inside the packages during transportation on oceans from country to country. at best we can all wish for a head that rotates all around 360 degrees.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The simpler transformation for the leader ROTF version was something I did not mind. I hope the next one has absolutely no articulation/sculpt compromises for gimmicks. The best movie Megatron figure is by far the voyager from ROTF. I think it's about time we got a definitive leader Megatron. I mean hell, Leader Prime was awesome and Buster Prime built upon that. The TF3 Prime(s) are likely to be stellar as well, but that's to be expected.

Megatron deserves a great update toy-wise!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

Besides i actually liked ROTF Leader Megatron and BTW both Leader class Megatron have had head articulation.

6. collectthem

collectthem Banned

A more complex transformation?! Do you guys forget these toys are for kids? I don't know why but this chizz really bothers me. We collect kids toys,masterpices have the complex transformations!

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I think Megatron can get a definitive figure if he gets a definitive alt mode (that being an Earth mode). If he just turns into an amorphous blob of metal, of course they're going to fill him up with gimmicks.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Seems like the problem Hasbro has with him is that he's the only character who doesn't seem to follow the size proportion rules Bay wanted to keep in the movies. His alt-mode in the first movie looked too small to be him and the second movie's alt-mode was just so non-descript.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Tell that to ROTF Prime.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Or ROTF Jetfire.

11. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Being on a ball joint and clipping onto a peg to be held in place and mechalive gimmicks (Besides thats like what, three millimeters it can move?) does not count in my book, especially when you compare them to both LC Primes, Brawl, and Starscream.

12. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I wanted to say something similar myself, but couldn't come up with the right wording. Movie Megs so far has been too "eh...?" in terms of alt mode to have a decent toy. As much as I hope the current rumour
    about him being the armoured truck
    isn't true,
    at least it would make for a recognisable alt mode

I think him retaining a Cybertronian alt mode would be in keeping with his character in the films (as far as movie TFs have been given characters, at least), but I would hope that either the design hasn't changed or the toy designers have had access to final artwork much earlier, so that they have been able to make the same level of improvements as between TF and RotF leader Prime.